Sign in to follow this  
hellstorm77

In flight start of a mission

how can i get everyone at the start of a mission to start off in a chopper? and how can i get it to land with a way point?

In the Special field when placing units, change 'In Formation' to 'Flying'.

As for landing, iirc place a 'Get out' waypoint with a visible or invisible H pad.

do i have to group them to a chopper? I have 3 choppers in the sky can i tell each unit which chopper i want them in at the start?

Name the helicopters with something like 'heli1' 'heli2' heli3'

Go to the units init field,

this moveInCargo heli1;

Chane heli1 to whichever helicopter you want them in.

just one more question how do i stop the AI pilots from getting out?

Can he not also use;

{_x moveInCargo chopper1} foreach units group this;

chopper1 is the name of the helicopter...and it only has to go the leader's INIT

Would a waypoint command of 'unload' for the chopper work as well............

Just curious.....

You should assign them first.

{_x assignAsCargo chopper1; _x moveInCargo chopper1} forEach (units group this);

I am struggling with the very same problem, so the above mentioned code gives me a solution BUT how can I use this on a larger group (standard squad is 10 units I think) not fitting in a single MH-9? I would have to "init" every single unit in a specific helo, wouldn't I? Or is there a smarter way to do this?

MH9 will only fit 6, so you would have to go with 2 smaller groups. Once the helicopters land use the join command to rejoin the two groups into one.

MH9 will only fit 6, so you would have to go with 2 smaller groups. Once the helicopters land use the join command to rejoin the two groups into one.

Yeah that would work for SP, but how to do it with MP? Will the "join" work there too?

"The effects of the given scripting command are broadcasted over the network and happen on every computer in the network." If you look at the top of the wiki it says eG Global.

"The effects of the given scripting command are broadcasted over the network and happen on every computer in the network." If you look at the top of the wiki it says eG Global.

Mmh, my question was related to the reunion of player units, not AI. If I separate a squad of "real" players into several groups, will it be possible to "join" them to one group again afterwards with this waypoint type?