Sign in to follow this  
Kettlewell

AI issues

What's wrong with the AI? I have civilians grouped with an independent and have independent and west friend set as 0 to both sides.

The guys close won't fire but the guys far will?

The video quality is crappy but my mission was intensive so I couldn't push up the frame rate despite having a very nice PC so I apologise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4-Q2c3dXJc

What's wrong with the AI? I have civilians grouped with an independent and have independent and west friend set as 0 to both sides.

The guys close won't fire but the guys far will?

The video quality is crappy but my mission was intensive so I couldn't push up the frame rate despite having a very nice PC so I apologise.

Civilians units should not be used as combat units.

Civilians units should not be used as combat units.

I grouped them up to make them independent since there are no real independent units yet but as you can see there is a problem with AI at short ranges under such a scenario.

Maybe you need to report it on the official tracker.

BTW in the editor did you create a leader that was independent with a civilian grouped to him, set the leader to probability of presence to 0 (so he never shows) and then make sure the mission is set to independent is friendly to no one? How does that work? Or even setting the non presence leader as OPFOR.

Got the same issue with combat unit and handguns. For some reason close unit does not react very well. (At least with handguns)

I think the AI still has general issues.

I made a whole team of ai buddies, set them up in line formation and went over a hilltop and had like 50 enemy guys on the other side of the hill 100 meters ahead and none of my guys would fire except for on some of the closest enemies.