Sign in to follow this  
jreaper

transport

i know everyone says that there are too many transports for the game but it needs two things.

a lynx(the one they used in vietnam i think) but with the m60 as the gun on the side insted of the m2.

also vietcong skins.

it was the UH-1 they used.

also is there any way of some one putting the m60 on the cobra insted of the m2

Yeah, a Lynx would be cool. The Dutch use Lynx choppers on their marine ships. Would be very cool to have this in OFP

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from jreaper on 8:25 pm on Oct. 15, 2001

it was the UH-1 they used.

also is there any way of some one putting the m60 on the cobra insted of the m2

<span id='postcolor'>

You mean the BlackHawk not Cobra. I know not of a way. But it would be cool.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from jreaper on 6:03 am on Oct. 16, 2001

i know everyone says that there are too many transports for the game but it needs two things.

a lynx(the one they used in vietnam i think) but with the m60 as the gun on the side insted of the m2.

also vietcong skins.

<span id='postcolor'>

This game has nothing to do with the Vietname War

a lynx is nice

but vietcong skins?

go to the Operation Vietname Forums dumbass

Why would you need a lynx? There are not subs in the game. For transport you could use the blackhawk or chinook.

BTW. Unl33t love sig.smile.gif

BTW, the Canadians have a M113 APC variant which they call the Lynx -- it's a transport, and it has a machine gun (not sure which one):

lynx_2.jpg

lynx_3.jpg

There would be nothing wrong with the Viet cong skins because you will only use them in the mission editor so you could make nam levels,but using newer weapons and equipment, and an ice-cream van would br cool, you could have an m60 in the side and roar round the level playing silly music shooting everyone.

dutch soldier ..... i hope that was a type cuz the landmacht most definatly doesnt have P-3C orions ... the navy has them..... its a maritime patrol aircraft and seeing how there are no real ships en subs what would be the use. And how realistic is it u think to have AB-412SP painted bright yellow with red en blue stipes fly in to a war zone? not very i guess

M113 was later(Not in 1985) armed with TOW rockets. It was really usefull on the field, and i think that it would be cool if this would be avaible in the game too. Abrams was avaible in Avgust 1985, what would be wrong with that. Ok. There's just too much difference between the years. Or not. I was not get much info about years, here.

One picture of TOW M113 here:

m901_imgt_027.jpg

(Edited by SpaceAlex at 3:23 am on Oct. 17, 2001)

The US needs a CFV for sure, and the russkies need an armored transport like the MT-LB or BTR. Why can´t US get the Bradley? It wouldn´t be bad idea at all.

for the year matter we can have modern weapons but for our personal use like to make custom missions i think that would be great to use those weapons you would have to create a mission where the year permits you to use them (for the picky ones ).

i personally think that game has a lot of potential and lots of you guys are very talented to make it greater all you need are the tools to create and insert the new weapons and vehicles into the game and we can have fun and create new levels which could be great and if the game developers can give us some tools before ppl get tired of waiting.

ok the US needs Bradleys but the soviets need BTR and some kind of vehicle better than the crappy UAZ like the BRDM

I think the game would benefit from another landing craft. Not a big LCT but a small one like a Rigid Raider (Brit Army and Royal Marines), sorry I don't know what the US equivilent would be. As I see it the PBR is pretty useless. It's slow, loud and it doesn't carry a full squad!

if we had them could we get rivers to cross?and bridges?

A modern day bridge too far