Sign in to follow this  
gizz46

CMI Command Improvement Mod

Your english is fine, I'll check the mod out, thank you for the explanation! :D

Yay!

your welcome,

so tell me what you think when you tested it :)

I appreciate your feedback and any constructive criticism is welcome.

Ok, I've done a very quick test, a couple of questions:

- To bring the menu up I need to press the "Command Mode" binded key, that is correct behaviour, right?

- In the screens and video your menu appears in the center of the screen: when I bring it up, it is always at the top left corner (at the usual place)...

- I spawned a 5 men team to test in the editor, and they weren't grouped into buddy teams as you said... Is it because I spawned one soldier at a time and linked them to the player?

- I noticed that when Command Mode is active and I look at one of my soldiers, I have the ability to select only him... An awesome feauture would be to be able to select more than one this way (maybe adding an entry named "Add Unit N to selection" instead of having only "Select Unit N only"?)...

- When I select a unit, there a series of commands greyed out ("Unit, move", "Unit, fire mode", "Command Unit"): what are they for?

- I noticed that the "Team" and "Supports" submenus are the vanilla ArmA ones: problem is, I can't use my right trigger to go back like I can with your menu... Another nice feauture would be to implement your own submenus for these two functions?

- I can't seem to get in any of the advanced submenus using your GUI (for example Watch Direction, or Actions)...

I guess half of these issues is me not knowing how to use your GUI... :D

Yay!

@gliptal

Ok, I've done a very quick test, a couple of questions:

- (1) To bring the menu up I need to press the "Command Mode" binded key, that is correct behaviour, right?

-(2) In the screens and video your menu appears in the center of the screen: when I bring it up, it is always at the top left corner (at the usual place)...

- (3)I spawned a 5 men team to test in the editor, and they weren't grouped into buddy teams as you said... Is it because I spawned one soldier at a time and linked them to the player?

- (4) I noticed that when Command Mode is active and I look at one of my soldiers, I have the ability to select only him... An awesome feauture would be to be able to select more than one this way (maybe adding an entry named "Add Unit N to selection" instead of having only "Select Unit N only"?)...

- (5)When I select a unit, there a series of commands greyed out ("Unit, move", "Unit, fire mode", "Command Unit"): what are they for?

- (6)I noticed that the "Team" and "Supports" submenus are the vanilla ArmA ones: problem is, I can't use my right trigger to go back like I can with your menu... Another nice feauture would be to implement your own submenus for these two functions?

- (7) I can't seem to get in any of the advanced submenus using your GUI (for example Watch Direction, or Actions)...

I guess half of these issues is me not knowing how to use your GUI...

Yay!

do you use the devbuild or the normal version ? what other mods do you have running??

1) -to bring the menu up you need to press the "^" ( standard layout) or a F1-12 key

2) -thas is weired maybe it has something to do with another mod??? or with the devbuild ??? (maybe you could upload a pic) :)

3) - the group must there from the mission start on this works not if a unit joins afterwards, make also shure you have the latest CBA A3 version befor the mod running.

4) I Can change that, thats no problem i will keep it in mind for the next update

5) see 2

6) will do that for the next update

7) Sorry dont know what you exactly mean??

a screenshot would be awsome to see the problem

thanks for your feedback

CBA is up to date, i deactivated all other mods for this test... I'm currently using the Dev Build, I'll run a test with Stable Build tomorrow, as soon as I get home from work!

Here is what the menu looks like (as you can see there is no buddy teaming, I spawned a whole group with the Group function in the editor):

http://i.imgur.com/ACYRSig.jpg

And with advanced menus, I mean these (I got there with the usual ArmA number keys, after selecting a unit):

http://i.imgur.com/GNWUqRp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DyPWCly.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JTS630e.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1FKSMih.jpg

This last one mainly for options 4 to 9, since 1 to 3 are in your Main Menu already...

Yay!

my guess is, that it has to do with the devbuild.

do you get this hint at the start ??? "Leader Interaction Activated"

Ok, I must STOP testing things at this time of the night... Apparently I renamed the folder where your Mod's old version was placed BEFORE deactivating it, thus the old version was still running even though I had put the new one in that same folder... I had to deactivate and reactivate the Mod again to let it update correctly with the new folder name...

So disregard all I said before, except points 4 and 6 (point 6 I'm referring to all vanilla menus remaining in your GUI, it would be really awesome to have the right click to go back fully working everywhere)... Also, I cant seem to find the "Watch direction" submenu, is it just me and the late time or is it not present in your GUI?

A couple of things, but they are only estethic so no real fuss about them: some commands are in CAPITALS and some are not, it would be nice to have only one of the two; the last command slightly goes over the bottom border of the box; is it possible to change the box color? That blue feels wrong somehow (at least to me)...

Apart from this, great update, it seems to be fully working now, I'll test it properly tomorrow! :D

Yay!

@Gliptal

thats awsome news and yeah its pretty late :D

4 & 6 I alredy changed that, will be in the next update :)

I will also make the colour less "intense"

you have a watch direction by pressing the alt key.

the youtube videos are all a littlebit older tho, I changed some thing here and there.

Hi,

Updatet to version 3.1

Changelog:

V3.1

-adjusted colour to a more coservative look

-redone the Radio Menu part

-added the ability to add units in the main menu

-all Commands are now in Capitals

V3.0

- added Unit Interaction System

- New Interface

V2.0

-added some Features /Improvements

V1.2

- changed displayseteventhandler to displayseteventhandler

- some other small changes

V1.1

- Fixed spelling mistakes

V1.0

-initial release

DOWNLOAD LINK:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lc4mtmkl82qcrs5/My_Control_Menu_A3_Vers._3.1.zip

Well done mate! Good to see this very active. it will be useful for a lot of people!

Nice, will test it soon!

Yay!

Thanks for sending us the latest version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi, I just finished testing your Mod a bit: as always, I have a couple of suggestions... :D

1. For your GUI to properly work, I must either select a single unit via F1-F12 keys, or keep the Commanding Mode button (default to \, I have it as TAB) pressed at all times: is this intended? I'd really like to have only to press once to activate, and maybe again to deactivate it... This is especially true if you want to select the whole team, without needing to press all F1-F12 buttons, since "Commanding Mode" seems like a synonym for "Select all Units"...

2. I see some sort of appearing/disappearing of your GUI icon indicating the Unit you are pointing at (the one with what I think is the classname), but only once at least one other unit has already been selected...

3. I started playing 3rd person (shame on me), and the menu falls just on the main charachter, being at the center of the screen... Would it be possible to move the menu slightly to the side when 3rd person is active?

4. I noticed that selecting one or multiple units at this time works like this:

No unit selected -> look at a unit -> First (default) option is "UNIT ONLY"

One (or more) units selected -> look at a non selected unit -> First (default) option is "UNIT ONLY", Second (not default option) is "ADD UNIT"

One (or more) units selected -> look at a selected unit -> First (default) option is "UNIT ONLY", Second (not default option) is "DESELECT UNIT"

What do you think of something like this instead? (if it is possible to implement, that is)

No unit selected -> look at a unit -> First (default) option is "UNIT ONLY"

One (or more) units selected -> look at a non selected unit -> First (default) option is "ADD UNIT", Second (not default) option is "UNIT ONLY"

One (or more) units selected -> look at a selected unit -> First (default) option is "DESELECT UNIT", Second (not default) option is "UNIT ONLY"

Would it be more streamlined and easy to select and deselect multiple Units? It would avoid the need of scrolling to the non default option every time...

5. If I select a Unit via F1-F12 key, this menu appears:

http://i.imgur.com/KypOx7y.jpg

If I select a Unit via action menu, like this:

http://i.imgur.com/YqgsKgH.jpg

This other menu appears:

http://i.imgur.com/76nFkBf.jpg

Is this intended behaviour? (also note that "Interact" seems to be always greyed out and still in non capital letters, maybe a leftover from previous versions? :D)

6. If I select a unit via F1-F12 keys, and then look away from that unit, an "Add Unit" entry remains in the menu: is it possible to make this entry not show? Clicking on it has no effect (I guess it just "readds" to the selection the unit you have just selected)...

http://i.imgur.com/sVUkaNI.jpg

7. It also seems like I cannot order the unit I have just selected via F1-F12 keys, because the menu with orders (this one: http://i.imgur.com/76nFkBf.jpg) appears only when selecting a Unit via action menu...

Don't get these as critcs (critiques? whatever), they are merely suggestions, since you are doing a great job already! :D

Yay!

Edited by Gliptal

@Gliptal

Hi, thanks for your questions , i will answer them asap im just a little busy atm. and Im very thankfull for your detailed Report.

tomorrow I will also make a new Tutorial Video, how to use this mod properly;)

Hie everybody

here is a short tutorial video for my mod,

I hope this will be usefull for you, if not feel free to ask :)

@Gliptal

I hope it will answer some of your questions

Great, this vid takes care of points 5 and 7 (and I guess 1, although I'll need to test and won't have access to my gaming rig till tomorrow)... I still have point's 2 issue (the icon appearing in the center of the screen briefly flickers instead of staying visible like in your video), and points 3, 4 and 6 remain simple suggestions... :D

Oh, and that lowercase "Interact"... :p

Yay!

Oh I know what's up!

I noticed the same thing, does it disappear after respawning?

I guess we need to loop the init of this mod somehow....

maybe check if it's active every 10 to 30 seconds or so?

@Gliptal

could you provide an image or an short video of that problem it would be nice to have mor details.

@SturmfalkeRDA

can you give me also more details?? Then I can find a sollution for that.

at the moment this mod runs with CBA "Extended_PostInit_EventHandlers" so its get loaded in at every missionstart.

I'm uploading the video now...

Anyways, issue 1 is solved (FYI, you must bind the "Select all Units" command and not the "Command mode one" for the GUI to work without needing to keep the button pressed at all times)...

Yay!

EDIT: Darn, 385 minutes remaining for the upload to end, see you tomorrow! :D

Edited by Gliptal

Here I am with the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeHEn7T537E&list=PLixfBH0Q6of4f1C5PgZ4VBpS zuyx-Z35J

From 0:35 to 1:20 I show the flickering issue that I was talking about: as you can see it happens even if I select the unit via Action Menu (1:20 to 1:33)... From 1:34 I just go third person to show what I was talking about in point 3!

Yay!

@gliptal

thanks for uploading the video!

the flickering is an engine relatet thing because you cann not use an action, while using the menu (as this is also with the regular Menus, so Im afraid I can do nothing about that :( ).

to positioning the menu somewhere else while in thirt person view might be possible but I do not know how to do that at the moment.

but I also thougt about using a userconfig so that everbody can position it for there own tatse.

I will see what I can do, Im no expert in scripting or config editing and have just basic skills there.

so most part of my work is reading tutorials or sarching forums and proceed with an trial and error work. ;)

@gliptal

thanks for uploading the video!

the flickering is an engine relatet thing because you cann not use an action, while using the menu (as this is also with the regular Menus, so Im afraid I can do nothing about that :( ).

to positioning the menu somewhere else while in thirt person view might be possible but I do not know how to do that at the moment.

but I also thougt about using a userconfig so that everbody can position it for there own tatse.

I will see what I can do, Im no expert in scripting or config editing and have just basic skills there.

so most part of my work is reading tutorials or sarching forums and proceed with an trial and error work. ;)

Don't worry, this is how I approach these things too!

A positioning option would be awesome!

Also, since the flickering is not fixable, could you take in count the possibility of removing the icon pop up entirely? As it is now, it only seems a disturbance in your GUI rather than an added feature! Also I noticed this icon displays the classname: would it be more useful to display the name of the soldier, or something is else that is more related to the simulation and less to scripting?

Keep up the good work! :D

Yay!

At First it replaces the main menu with my custom one, via a Config file.

I was hoping to be able to re-order the command menus with a config file. Is it possible? I don't find any config file. There's none delivered with your zip package and also there's none created in my userconfig folder. Do I misunderstand something?

yes indeed.

Im working on some Ideas (trial and error:) )

Sakura chan with hist Keys Mod and Windwalking with his WWAI Menu Mod, inspired me alot to get me back to work after a long Break.

My goals are to realy overhaul BIs Existing Command Menu,

By cleaning it up and reorganising the Menu entries to a much more logical way.

Also an Idea ist to use Icon instead of words (just to keeo it frech and new).

Also I want to create an a user/function key like in the "Keys" Mod, so you can give quick commands (like "supressive fire" or "antitank soldier attack this tank") to your team without to have open up the menu or need to select the soldiers before.

Thanks to Windwalking houseclearing is oround the corner and i will implement something like this.

I will also Improve the Unit interaction system, so that every Unit has Menu entries depending on there class. So MG has other entries than Medic.

I hope I can post up some Pics or Videos in the next few days/weeks :)