Sign in to follow this  
gizz46

CMI Command Improvement Mod

Hi folks,

it has been a while but finally my mod is ready.

I hope I'm able to offer you a more easier and accessable Command Menu as the clunky BI's ones.

features:

- easy and and streamlined menues

- logical allignment

- quick keys/quick commands

- icons instead of words

My main scope with this mod is the SP. so I not tested it in MP don't no if it works. multiplayer compability is a later goal.

I dindt noticed any bug so far but please inform me if you found one.

requires CBA

DOWNLOAD LINK:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/j05l5s89ma1c6mm/%40COM_MOD_1.1.zip

Tutorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtE7c6YQsNQ&feature=youtu.be

recomended Keybnding:

prevAction = mousewheel Up

nextAction = mousewheel down

Back = leftmousebutton

select all Units = Tab

User11 = Capslock

Keybindings

*to scroll inside the menu release Key.

Hold* Key 1 + mousewheel Up = Unit selection Menu.

Hold* Key 1 + mousewheel Down = Teamcolor selection Menu.

Hold* Key 2 + mousewheel Up = Rules of engagement.

Hold* Key 2 + mousewheel Down = Combatmodes.

Hold* Key 3 + mousewheel Up = Interaction (Communication,Radio,Support)

Hold* Key 3 + mousewheel Down = Stances

Hold* Key 4 + mousewheel Up = Movement (Flanking)

Hold* Key 4 + mousewheel Down = Formations

Key 5 = Backup menu (if you more confortable with the old menu style)

Key 6 Hint for keybinding

quick keys/quick commands:

Hold User11 + 1 = combatpreset aware.

Hold User11 + 2 = combatpreset danger.

Hold User11 + 3 = combatpreset stealth.

Hold User11 + crouch/standUp = lets all units (or selected units) go crouch.

Hold User11 + prone/standUp = lets all units (or selected units) go prone.

Hold User11 + Combatpace Toggle = lets all units (or selected units) go auto.

Hold User11 + Light On/Off = lets all units (with IR) enable their IR.

Hold User11 + Compass = opens Watchdirectionsmenu.

Hold User11 + GetOver = unstuck unit.

If units are selected and coursortaget is at a building, an Icon will apear, if pressing user11 selected units will clear/ take position in that building.

Edited by gizz46
UPDATE

We do need a better control mechanism for AI. Will try this out later on.

What we DO need is a mod that allows AI to stack up before entering buildings, but that isnt the focus of this one.

Thank you for sending us the release :cool:

I have splitted the archives if you do not mind. I made a single downloadpage for the A2 version as well as the A3 version. This could be handier with an eye on future updates. I hope that is ok with you. I will make sure our pages always host the right version so if you prefer you can just keep releasing them in 1 file ;)

Releases frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Works very well - thank you. 1st mod you made?? Great work:)

Really enjoying using it so far. Few spelling mistakes ... TAGET instead of TARGET. ASSING instead of ASSIGN.

Also for Watch Direction it would be good to have North, NorthEast, etc instead of 1,2, etc

Behaviour needs to be populated with real words too (Stealth, Combat, etc).

It would be awesome to have User15 (I set mine to tab too) to bring the menu up AND remove it again on next press.

Still testing but I really like it so far.

Edited by Kremator

UPDATET to version 1.1

Updatet links in first post.

FIXED:

-some spelling mistakes :).

Thanks for the Feedback

@Kremator the idea with the open /close keypress sounds really good, I will keep that in mind.

The thing with the Watch Dir Menu (and other Menus ) is that this is the standart Bis Menu which gets called via scripts.

so the only way to change that is to greate a complete new Menu or manipulate the existing one via a config file.

but i will see what i can do.

Further longterm plans are to implement a (cursorPostion) grenade throw order, for frag an smoke grenades.

and also make a Supportmenu with another key for Support funktions like Medic and Ammo and so on.

Edited by gizz46

Awesome gizz46. If I can help you out then please ask. The command menu is one of those things that can REALLY make the game and making it much more useful would be an admirable goal. In the past, in Arma2, quite a few modders tried to open up the functionality of the commands. Who knows..... maybe they are watching this thread *COUGH*.

Could anyone confirm that the bikey is working? I've added it to our server but it still won't let me join with the addon active :(

Nice, will try!

Just have one question though: are all the commands accessible via the standard menu available with your mod?

Yay!

Hi all

thank you for this , i dream about command système since ofp... but,

I have installed the mod and configure†userkey 15†but nothing, it don’t work on my A3.

I made multiple tests with many keys, with no other mod installed, but nothing.

I am on French keyboard….

If anybody can give me a little script to test my “userkey config†.

Thank you.

G.

Hi all

thank you for this , i dream about command système since ofp... but,

I have installed the mod and configure†userkey 15†but nothing, it don’t work on my A3.

I made multiple tests with many keys, with no other mod installed, but nothing.

I am on French keyboard….

If anybody can give me a little script to test my “userkey config†.

Thank you.

G.

It's not written in the description, but CBA may be needed for the Mod to work...

Yay!

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

Also, just wanted to point out that like a lot of Mods (seems all that require CBA), this doesn't work with savegames ("Continue" button in editor too)...

Yay!

ooh have the same problem

it works in arma 2 but suddently not anymore in arma3 dont kow why :confused:

but i will find a fix for this, i also had it checked with the 1.0 version and it dint worked suddently either.:o

Edited by gizz46

ooh have the same problem

it works in arma 2 but suddently not anymore in arma3 dont kow why :confused:

but i will find a fix for this i also had it checked this problem with the old version and it dint worked suddently either.:o

I remember a post froma a Dev stating it was some problem with savegames not "saving" UI elements, I'll see if I can find it...

Yay!

EDIT: Found it! Wasn't a Dev post, but still: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147535-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-ARMA-3-Alpha&p=2358177&viewfull=1#post2358177

Seems to me that all your mods related to this bug are dependent on CBA. It's a known limitation of how these mods interact with CBA and how CBA interacts with the engine. The result is that neither FA_Stance, ST_hud nor ST_mapbrightnes and some others which bring new display/hud elements to ArmA will work with a loaded save game in single player. You may adress this issue to Sickboy and the crew behind CBA to develop a workaround though.

EDIT (Again): Ah, here it was, from the same post, this is a support answer:

This sounds like an issue with the addons themselves, I suggest you contacttheir authors.

To elaborate, dialogs and resources are not written into a game save. Neither

are variables that contain references to UI elements and scripts that contain

the <i>disableSerialization</i> keyword. Addons that introduce UI elements have

to cater for this behavior.

Edited by Gliptal

It's not written in the description, but CBA may be needed for the Mod to work...

Yay!

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

Also, just wanted to point out that like a lot of Mods (seems all that require CBA), this doesn't work with savegames ("Continue" button in editor too)...

Yay!

Thanx, for me it s the solution...

hi everyone :D

at first i want to thank everybody for their help and support :bounce3:

found the problem and a solution :) well hopefully;

You have to rename the @mycontrolmenuA3 1.1 into @mycontrolmenu than it should work otherwise you can put the PBO file into another mod folder.

both way worked for me.

i dont know why it didnt worked before maybe it is the space or the

nummers

i would appreciate if someone can also test that and confirm it for me so i can be shure that this is the problem.

Edited by gizz46

Hey gizz46,

Something weird happening mate when CMI is operating alongside other scripts. Take VTS (virtual training system) - it overwrites the 0-0 menu items. Not good :(

Then I tried it with Feint's new PUSH/KILL system and the script version works without CMI on, but fails with it on :( Could you have a little look as to why this is happening? Overwriting of some displayhandlers or keys or variables ? As you can tell I'm a tinkerer not a programmer.

BTW I'm using the latest version 1.1 (properly)

Also for Watch Direction it would be good to have North, NorthEast, etc instead of 1,2, etc

Behaviour needs to be populated with real words too (Stealth, Combat, etc).

About this, remember that you can easily make the AI watch a direction by left clicking in the direction you want while pressing the free look key bind: original credit for pointing this out (at least to me) goes to Predator.v2: (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151620-ArmA-3-Guide-AI-Control-Introduction&p=2355154&viewfull=1#post2355154)
When you have AIs selected and hold the "watch command" button (default: left alt), you can order them to watch a position you determine similar to the "move" order (actually the "watch" order replace the "move" order on the mousewheel menu). You will also find a "suppressive fire" order in your mouse wheel menu, when holding the default left alt button.

Yay!

@Kremator

thank you very much for the advice

i will look at it as soon as posible.

it may have to do something with displaySetEventhandler.

@Kremator

found the problem with FEINTs mod and solved it.

it was something with the displayseteventhandler. now i will go on and see what i can do with the VTS problem

Just to point out and improve overall compatibility, using this mod breaks the following other mods:

- Tao Folding Map http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148517-Tao-Folding-Map-2-1

- Mag Repack http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151402-Mag-Repack

- Jump MF http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152312-Jump-MF-basic-mod-to-unlock-vaulting-animation

I'm completely ignorant on modding, but could it be relevant to some keybinding issue? Because both Tao Folding Map and Mag Repack use special kebindings, and Jump MF has a known bug related exactly to keybindings...

Yay!

Hopefully his new version should fix all this. Ideally it would be great to be tied into CBA.

@Kremator

found the problem with FEINTs mod and solved it.

it was something with the displayseteventhandler. now i will go on and see what i can do with the VTS problem

Stop breakin' my mod, bro.

Haha, just kidding. But srsly.

Make sure to use displayAddEventHandler instead of displaySetEventHandler.