Sign in to follow this  
R0T

Co04 Sweep

Hey,

first of all thx for all the people who working on skripts addons and such stuff ! You are making Arma what it is.

sweeplogo.jpg

Operation Sweep

Description:

A COOP Mission for up to 4 Players.

There are different tasks to accomplish like clear a spot or blow something up. The most Patrols are random and so every attempt is like a totally new Mission.

I hope you will enjoy the playing like i enjoyed it to building this Mission.

Features:

• COOP Gameplay for 4 Players
  • Set Time of Day (Morning / Midday / Evening / Night)
  • Randomness of the most Patrols in the Mission
  • =BTC= Revive (Every Player can be revived 3 times. Firstaid Kit is needed)
  • FHQ-TaskTracker
  • UrbanPatrolSkript

Installation:

Extract the .pbo file to your ArmA3/MPMissions folder.

Changelog:

V1.40

• =BTC= Revive V0.9 implemented – Needed update for the new Arma 3 Version
  • Added the fancy ending from BIS

V1.30

• Added Parameter too the =BTC= Revive script so you can choose how many life’s you have.
  • Added a new „Time of Day“ - Darknight –
  • On some spots on the map I added Lights because ist sometimes f..... Dark ;)
  • Fixed a bug who had drops a expression all the time. I’m getting better with this editor.

v1.20

• Added new Version of the =BTC= Revive Skript V 0.8
  • Changed the Patrol skript from UrbanPatrolSkript to SLP_Spawn
  • Added a Overview Pic
  • Little tweaks

v1.10

• All over better Performance
  • Most Patrols are now Spawing while the mission and not in the beginning
  • Changed some events

Credits & Thanks:

Thanks goes to my testers ;)

And all Players they leave a Comment for me. It's my first mission so i need the Feedback !!!!

DOWNLOAD V1.40

Download from Armaholic

DOWNLOAD V1.50

File-Upload.net

Edited by R0T

Great fun - nice balance of AI and great objective route.

My only critique would be that we had to get a little creative with explosives on the the last two objectives (granted there were only two of us). Nevertheless, great mission. Good hour or two of fun - well worth a play-through. :)

Thx for yor answer Arkamen.

I wonder why you run dry on explosives. Every char has 2 sattle charges ... So you both had 4 charges over all. That should had been enough ;) I will think about a sidemission where you can fill up your stocks :cool:

Edited by R0T

Thanks for the mission! My buddy and me are really enjoying it.

We found one bug though: once you get revived all your mags are empty. Loading another mag from the backpack doesn't help either - each mag simply dissapears after putting it into the ammo slot. Taking weapons from dead enemies is no option too, since they seem to not carry any ammo. I don't know whether this is related to your mission or the revive script you used.

Thx for the Feedback igge.

When we have tested the Mission i remember one of my Friends had one time the same issue ! But like i said this was just one time. I think this is a alpha bug because in the hole discussen in the =BTC= revive script nobody has such a problem.

But I will test this and will add the newest version off the revive skript to the mission.

Nice mission ROT, also making my first mission "Black Sheep" and I find your mission a good tutorial for mine. UPS and SLP will be good additions for my next release.

Thx for the Feedback igge.

When we have tested the Mission i remember one of my Friends had one time the same issue ! But like i said this was just one time. I think this is a alpha bug because in the hole discussen in the =BTC= revive script nobody has such a problem.

But I will test this and will add the newest version off the revive skript to the mission.

Cheers m8, much appreciated! :) Lookin' forward to this, since we really liked the mission.

Thx for yor answer Arkamen.

I wonder why you run dry on explosives. Every char has 2 sattle charges ... So you both had 4 charges over all. That should had been enough ;) I will think about a sidemission where you can fill up your stocks :cool:

Yep, we realised when we had a full team lol (though I think the medic wasn't equipped with the charges?). Wasn't a big problem though, as we stacked up the quads and used them to destroy the last objective :p.

Nevertheless, look forward to any future missions you put together :).

Yep, we realised when we had a full team lol (though I think the medic wasn't equipped with the charges?). Wasn't a big problem though, as we stacked up the quads and used them to destroy the last objective :p.

Nevertheless, look forward to any future missions you put together :).

Stacking the quads ... nice idea mr Mac Gyver ;)

Thanx for this great mission Rot.

We've been really enjoying the first part but had to save due to late time, but we're all looking for next objectives.

I hope you will create some more along these lines: 4-5 men and fixed medikit revive number. I hate uncapped respawn but one life only is sometimes too realistic, especially when you play with small team. Your settings is the best as it adds the challenge to locate and close to unconscious friends.

Is the alarm at first beach triggered as soon as the quad drives away? I managed to kill the quad driver but I feel the event had already been activated.

Hello Desaix,

first thx for your feedback ! What you mean exactly with the "Fix of the medikit revive number" ? Sorry English is not my mother language.

The triggers goes off if the drivers get further away. So you got the chance too kill him when he is driving away. Maybe there are other units running away.

If you don't manage it too kill all you get a extra message that something happens ... ;)

I will make new missions but at the moment I'm still learning more things about the editor ! But I'm planing ;) The Sweep mission is more like my laboratory .. I will update it as I learn better and nicer ways too do things in the editor.

Update

v1.20

• Added new Version of the =BTC= Revive Skript V 0.8
  • Changed the Patrol skript from UrbanPatrolSkript to SLP_Spawn
  • Added a Overview Pic
  • Little tweaks

NEW VERSION ON ARMAHOLIC

Rot , thanks for making this mission available. I was on with 2 friends last night and had a great time with it. Unfortunately we are all fairly new to Arma or maybe it's more a case of being

a little older but is there a way to increase the revive count. We only got past the first objective after a few tries. I haven't spent much time with this mission builder, but just finished 3 years of building missions

for Rise of Flight, so if I can figure that out this shouldn't be to hard.

Thanks again, appreciate your work

Fawlty

Rot, I'm not english mother language as well, you may have figuered that out. ;)

For fixed revive medikit I meant the ability to revive a dead soldier by healing him with the medikit. I think that 3 or 4 lives is OK, more than that and you will loose the tension of having to abort mission. Like Fawlty we are new as well to Arma but still I don't like the chance to revive tons of time. Maybe you could do a version with 3 lives and one with 6 revive slots. Adding one more player would be cool since we are sometimes 5 to play together, and mission is not that easy at veteran settings. But I imagine that after 5 there will be a team of 6 asking for one more slot, then a group of seven...so no problem if you stick with 4 for your next missions.

@Fawlty

First Thing First thanks you for your Feedback. It is possible too raise the revive count ! If you want too make this on your on you have too search a programm to open the pbo file in the Arma 3 folder MPMissions After that you get a the hole mission folder with all files. This goes to your dokuments folder where all your own missions from the editor are saved. In this files you will find a folder called =BTC= revive or somthing like that. In there you find a =BTC=_revive_init.sqf file you can open it with the texeditor. In there you will find the settings for the the revive script so you can change how many times you can revive. The setting called BTC_lifes set this as you wish and save the file.

After this you have to open the hole mission in your arma 3 editor. And save it as a new multiplayer mission. And voila it's done ;) if you ask very kindly and give me the number of lifes you want I can also do this for you and send you a pm with the mission ;)

But after all you will lose much of the tension when you set the count too high. Like I wrote in the mission splash screen " keep your head down " !!!

If you don't want too make this all on your one. At the moment I'm trying too add a parameter in the mission start screen so it will be possible to change the lifes for every player in the parameters in the start screen. Like you can set the daytime. But I'm new too this Arma editing and this could be take some days till I have worked it out ;)

@Desaix

The main thing is we can understand us each other ;)

For your request with another player I can make this for you an send you the new mission as pm. It's done in 5 min. But I don't want too reales different versions of one mission ! That's too much work to maintain all the time ;)

Edited by R0T

Thanks Rot for getting back.

Ya I realize keeping the number down adds to the tension, but as old as some of us are we may have cardiac arrest :)

I'll give it a try regarding making the changes and let you know how I make out.

Thanks again for the great mission

Thanks Rot for getting back.

Ya I realize keeping the number down adds to the tension, but as old as some of us are we may have cardiac arrest :)

I'll give it a try regarding making the changes and let you know how I make out.

Thanks again for the great mission

I worked it out so in the next version you can choose between 4 options on how many lifes you have 1,3,5 or 10 ;)

New Version is OUT NOW !!!

V1.30

• Added Parameter too the =BTC= Revive script so you can choose how many life’s you have.
  • Added a new „Time of Day“ - Darknight –
  • On some spots on the map I added Lights because ist sometimes f..... Dark ;)
  • Fixed a bug who had drops a expression all the time. I’m getting better with this editor.

DOWNLOAD

Thanks ROT, I never did get a chance to fiddle with the revive info you described but it's nice to know how to do it now.

Cheers

Fawlty

New Version is OUT NOW !!!

V1.40

• =BTC= Revive V0.9 implemented – Needed update for the new Arma 3 Version
  • Added the fancy ending from BIS

DOWNLOAD

Edited by R0T

Goodnight ROT, first thank you for this mission spectacular, but I downloaded the latest version of this mission and tried 5x with my friends but she could not complete due to lack of explosive satchels,

only the class of medic begins with two explosive satchels, we destroy a the 2 helicopters and there is no way to destroy the transformers 2, only with the explosive rest, because of this we can not complete the mission,

my suggestion is to be placed 2 explosives satchels in all classes, except the medic who believe should not carry the explosives, and only the doctor and the team leader should be able to relive the soldiers to greater realism ...

if you accept my suggestion or not I'm waiting for this lack of correction of explosives to complete the mission with my friends.

Mmmh that's odd because all team members should have 2 charges ??? I will check this !! Maybe I have messed it up ;)

I thought about that earlier that the medic don't have the explosives ! So yah I will change this.

The revive i don't want too change. So if sombody just want too play only with the marksman and the grenadier they can't revive. I don't want too force player to a roll they must Play. The medic has the advantage that he is the only char who can heal other Units too the full 100%. So it's a good idea to take him with you ;) but I don't want too make it a must !

Edited by R0T

Hmm, I believe that the problem of explosives charges is not yet solved because I'm starting the latest version of your mission but only the medic is starting with two explosives charges ...

ROT, you have any forecast update and fix this bug ... yet only because the doctor is starting with two explosive charges and other classes do not have any, and your mission is amazing and I look forward to any response ...