Sign in to follow this  
mr_centipede

Will High Command make a come back in Alpha?

I'm one of the few that likes to play with high command. I was wondering, will it make a come back in alpha? Or will it comes in beta? Or never?

Included...? I demand that it be expanded!!! Multiple waypoints with timing control ftw!

Included...? I demand that it be expanded!!! Multiple waypoints with timing control ftw!

One question at a time... hehe. Of course I also would like for it to be expanded :D

Also got a bunch of wishlists ;)

For now how I sorted this out was importing Arma 2. The feature is buggy because it lacks the icon in the editor and it tends to resubodrinate all the blue units even without assigning them to high command module but for now it is enough :P.

Well if it doesn't its a travesty, if it does, it better learn a hell of allot from High Command Extender & Hybrid command addon features for Arma2 (wait on way point placement **COUGH** ... Support for respawn units and game save ** COUGH COUGH ***, switching units dynamic on the fly to it and back again ** COUCH SPLUTTER COUGH COUGH **)

Seeing as its a large areas of its own maybe that will come as beta or even just in final release, it is one thing thats a selling point for me in 3 to see what gets updated.

Edited by mrcash2009

Of course we want High Command. We need something like WOO too!

Even more than that we need Low Control, like stacking, breaching, CQC

Of course we want High Command. We need something like WOO too!

Even more than that we need Low Control, like stacking, breaching, CQC

Stacking, breaching, etc. will never work in Arma3 unless it's done by real players. Animation system is great, but the game is too large-scale to support it and any implementation of it would appear too clunky and impractical; as BI mentioned in several interviews, the game focuses on fighting in open terrain (where the series shines!).

Hi,

is it only me who does not have High Command module in the editor or it has not been implemented yet in Alpha? There is a High command part in the manual so I suppose it should be there.

You could try if it works with AiA.

Yes it does work with AiA tried and tested, thanks to the man above:)

As mentioned... DomZ High Command Extensions works in A3 Alpha...so you high command Junkies can have a ball running a platoon or a company. It does not conflict with VTS or MCC so you can sandbox in groups on eh fly and take charge of them. Sweet...

Los

I've been playing around with VTS (as some of you know I'm an evangelist for it!) and combining it with DomZ HCE and it is great. There is one conflict with the initial 0-8 menu, but that is really for increasing viewdistance etc, so no big loss really.

It does add a HUGE amount to the game. I recommend it !