Sign in to follow this  
carnophage9

How do you.....

How do you make a person appear on top of, say, the 8 story apartment building in resistance instead of the bottom floor. Or how do you make a computer appear on top of a table instead of under it. and yet another one, how would you make a sniper appear inside the sniper tower thing?

I am sure it is probably pretty simple and I am stupid for asking but I just thought it was a lot simpler to ask rather then try to figure it out myself.

This is an ME question, it's one I answered a few days back but I can't find it again sad.gif

Anyways you use the setinheight command thingy to set them to the height of the floor you want after you've placed them over the building in the mission editor, have a rummage through ME, it's in there somewhere smile.gif

Hey, also, how do you make a unit start in the air, like make a person start 1000 up in the air for a HALO.

Thanks for all your help.

Oh, and do you put the height in " " or just put the number?

and one last thing, how do you refuel something without going near a fuel station, I want to try and fly a scud! I am pretty sure it was made form a helicopter and It automatically starts with no fuel, and I want to be able to fly it! biggrin.gif

Search this forum for "height" read what you find, the answers should be there.

Can you do the same thing with static weapons, like mounted MGs and the new TOW launcher, AGS-17 etc.?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 20 2002,03:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can you do the same thing with static weapons, like mounted MGs and the new TOW launcher, AGS-17 etc.?<span id='postcolor'>

Set their starting height?

Sure can... wink.gif

I might as well answer the original question...

In the units init field type-

this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 20]

Replace 20 with the height you want.