Sign in to follow this  
Bahger

Can I order my team to use laser sight?

Just wondering if I can get my AI team to use their laser optics -- it looks pretty spectacular -- or if there's a script command that might accomplish this. Thanks!

If you mean the laser attatchment it might be through the command menu by individually selecting the unit and pressing 6 for action it may have enable laser, alternatively if you put them in combat mode it may work also.

Select the unit(s) followed by the number six. This allows you to also interact with their gear, if an ammo box is close by.

Not sure that's right. My team is already equipped with laser attachments but there does not appear to be an option to get them to use them under menu item 6.

Yeah there was action in Operation Arrowhead for this. Select units you want to turn lasers on via F1 - F10 and so on, then 6 to select action, and there was something towards "Laser on". Then the player would vocally command the AI to turn their lasers on. The lasers would actually only be turned on if the AI is in Danger mode, or in Combat, which is sort of weird..

Yeah there was action in Operation Arrowhead for this. Select units you want to turn lasers on via F1 - F10 and so on, then 6 to select action, and there was something towards "Laser on". Then the player would vocally command the AI to turn their lasers on. The lasers would actually only be turned on if the AI is in Danger mode, or in Combat, which is sort of weird..

Pretty sure that's not implemented in A3 Alpha yet.

In editor for each unit you can force them on but they will be on for the entire mission. Currently they ignore the command for light on/off that you issue via the 6 menu.

Use this command in each units init field

this enableGunLights "forceon";

This is very helpful, Sarlac, thank you. Do you think I could accomplish the force with a trigger (so that the team is not laser-on throughout its ingress). Using a BLUFOR PRESENT trigger, I'd put one line of code for each team member, such as: soldier1 enableGunLights "forceon';

EDIT: Hmm, apparently not...

EDIT: Code won't work in unit's init field either. Maybe syntax is slightly off.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Got it! Here's the correct code:

(units group player) enableIRLasers true

Edited by Bahger

I was going on my experience forcing flashlights on. Glad you got it working!