Sign in to follow this  
Azref

Is it worth buying?

Congrats! :)

Thanks! :)

Last try:

42d011255372095.jpg

Edited by OMAC

And why should it do me any good? This thread is, considering the name, obviously about what people who bought the game feels about it. Personally, like most others it seems, regards it as a very bad investment, due to lack of support, lies being told about everything from modability to the future of the game, content, etc.

You're wasting your breath.

No matter how much you lie, cheat, steal or destroy there is always going to be a crowd of people who will defend the person(s) doing it.

AWAR and Deep Silver know,that no matter what these suckers will willingly line up, drop to their knees and hand over more money when their next abandonware project shows up

and can depend on them to attack anyone who dares say anything against them.

They have faulty wiring in the brain.

Now I think it may be a mistake they released IF as an independent game outside of Arma2. It'd be better if Awar released it as a charged Mod of Arma2. Then it could be never dead... Even it could be upgraded with Arma3,etc...

I love this game and had been playing it very oftern. I still play its stuff almost every day but in other ways...

Hello there

I see old themes appearing...

This isn't about DS or AWAR.

The handling of the game was dreadful but as you know, we still don't know what went on behind closed doors or the reasoning behind it and the poor forum mods had to put up with alot of grief from the community over at the official forums.

The thread is about is the game worth it? And at the moment, and with the knowledge we have it's a yes. Even it's most vocal detractor must admit one had at least a tenners worth of fun out of it.

Yes, we didn't get the game we expected and the business side wranglings were less than stellar and a lot of us felt let down (check all the forums for grumpy posts from us "fanbois"). TBH I'm finding more personal investment coming from the "haters" than us "fanbois" (god how I hate those terms).

If one compares IFL to, say, the new czech DLC (around the same price AFAIK), whilst the DLC is lovely (I also mistakenly fell into the trap thinking it was small to to negative reviews, it's actually damn good), I think IFL wins out with it's content.

If a new thread starts on the marketing and general handling of the game appears you'll hear a very different tone from me, although a hesitant one as we don't have all the facts and fact are *key*.

Rgds

LoK

+1

It´s quite sad having to stand up against those anti-posts (otherwise the only opinion stated would be the one ones of anti-people), only to be confronted by those very same guys about why the heck you dare to defend your views against their pathetic whining.

Tbh I like Iron Front for 3 reasons:

1. its on the Arma2 engine and has the Arma2 editor, thats where I play ;)

2. its from a mod team who built Liberation Mod 1941-45, and i love that mod, the relation to lib mod makes IF familiar to me and like it because of that,

as IF has similar features as Libmod.

3. its WW2 and on the Ostfront! I love the Ostfront!

Other then that i probably wouldn't have bought the game nor would have put up the fuss I have all these months.

+1

It´s quite sad having to stand up against those anti-posts (otherwise the only opinion stated would be the one ones of anti-people), only to be confronted by those very same guys about why the heck you dare to defend your views against their pathetic whining.

Absolutely.

Well it's said IF was or is not worth its full release price but for a few bucks its turn to be worth - really? If you want a great WW2 game don't throw money at those who missed their opportunity to do so. Please don't go with Buuu...butthurt because you like WW2 that much that you put a blind eye on flaws and issues or even downplaying them. What everyone wants to enjoy is a great game in the first place and not somekind of abandoned project that is only left to a bunch of fanboys hope + mercy. Who does benefit from those low price/sales offers - the devs - the publisher?? Who are you really supporting by your action/posting and cheering.... and on the other hand moaning, whining about the evil gamesbiz and industry. Double-standards pretty much. Imo waiting and/or searching for a better WW2 game is much better, consequent and worth it. But who am I to blind/deny others from their WW2 fix... ;)

Who are you really supporting by your action/posting and cheering.... and on the other hand moaning, whining about the evil gamesbiz and industry.

This all might have been valid before AWAR closed shop on the title.

Whining doesn´t reach anyone anymore, not that they cared before, just saying..

All what´s left is a title which does some things (we all want) better than ArmA, and some worse.

So, if someone who already enjoys ArmA with all it´s flaws (say hi ArmA 3!) would like to spend some more time on similar stuff, as you say yourself, who are you to tell them not to?

Well it's said IF was or is not worth its full release price but for a few bucks its turn to be worth - really? If you want a great WW2 game don't throw money at those who missed their opportunity to do so. Please don't go with Buuu...butthurt because you like WW2 that much that you put a blind eye on flaws and issues or even downplaying them. What everyone wants to enjoy is a great game in the first place and not somekind of abandoned project that is only left to a bunch of fanboys hope + mercy. Who does benefit from those low price/sales offers - the devs - the publisher?? Who are you really supporting by your action/posting and cheering.... and on the other hand moaning, whining about the evil gamesbiz and industry. Double-standards pretty much. Imo waiting and/or searching for a better WW2 game is much better, consequent and worth it. But who am I to blind/deny others from their WW2 fix... ;)

+1

Completely agree.

+ 10. Heck to the yeah.

All what´s left is a title which does some things (we all want) better than ArmA, and some worse.

So, if someone who already enjoys ArmA with all it´s flaws (say hi ArmA 3!) would like to spend some more time on similar stuff, as you say yourself, who are you to tell them not to?

+1 etc etc

+1 Still worth playing (IMHO), missions still being created, still has community, still being enjoyed. All for US$7, less than the cost of coffee and muffin.

Hello there

Been playing on a 70 player server tonight. Lots 'o fun, especially with the steam sale.

Rgds

LoK

I did reinstall the game after almost a year and the they did fix some things, performance seems to be improved aswell. Thats was a major issue in the first months and I stopped playing.

Yes, I would check it out. After I did not play this game for such a long time I really appreaciate the more realistic feeling. I would even say the gameplay is more challenging and fun than Arma 2 with its modern weapons and vehicles, player skills/awarness play more a role instead of fire & forget.

I would recommand it and its one of the better ww2 games out there.

Edited by oxmox

Never mind......:o

Edited by OMAC

IFL44 is on sale on Steam now for $19.99. Easily worth it, especially if you are an experienced RV engine/Arma player.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=iron+front

Err, that´s not a sale but the regular price bud :p

66% off was last week, around 6€something which was a very reasonable price for a discontinued product.

Yup thats the regular price, you should have bought it last week or the week before when it was like A few bucks,

the DLC I got at that time and it cost me $3.99!

Yep, I guess I saw an out-of-date ad for the sale! Man, that sale was over quickly!

(But then again I still think it's worth it for $20!)

Edited by OMAC

I bought the game plus DLC on the latest steam sale. I was well aware of the development situation. All in all, I couldn't care less. It has some lovely maps, it can be very immersive W2K game, there's enough of user made content (thx Günther Severloh for the repo) for SP fun - I enjoy it pretty much. AI can be tricky, but hey we know it from ArmA. We could complain a lot, but on the same day we could enjoy it very much. I prefer to enjoy.

There's another sale going at Gamersgate:

75% Off for Iron Front

50% Off for D-Day DLC

75% Off for Iron Front Gold Edition

If you like to test the game out I'd say this is your chance.