Sign in to follow this  
epicface11

Arma 2 OA: How / where to start making a roleplay mission.

Hello editors and scriptors of Arma 2.Today I have a few questions regarding how to make a roleplay mission and some of the basic mechanics in that mission. I have very basic scripting knowledge but I do use the editor alot and know what all of the things do. So lets get started shall we! The first thing I want to know would how to make a inventory system that could hold all of your stuff. Something that would work alot like the one that is used in Takistan Life or Chernarus Life. I have no clue where to start with this and how to make it / implement it into my mission. The second thing would to make a ATM or bank where your money will be stored during paydays when you get it out. Again this would act like the one from Chernarus Life. I would also like to know how to make a car shop / gun shop where you can interact with a NPC and they will open up a menu and you could buy items in game. I know it sounds like a lot that I don't know but I would also like to learn or at least get a example of how the liscensing system works and how you could make it so that you can only buy the legal weapons if you have a pistol or a semi automatic weapon liscense. I know it sounds like a lot but when I get the basics down I am sure I could be able to use the other examples to help achieve what I am looking for. Also how would I add lights / sirens to police cars. Thank you for your time.

Edited by epicface11

Easiest way would probably be to download and open up the Chernarus or Takistani life mission files and see how they did it.