Sign in to follow this  
Firefox88

Patrol Ops?

Hey all. Just wanted to say first off, thank you to everyone who has spent their time to make missions and mods for the alpha. Great work! I was wondering, was anyone planning on making a Patrol Ops mission for the alpha?

How do you RSVP the 0.44 alpha test?

How do you RSVP the 0.44 alpha test?

Hi Fully,

OCB is holding testing nights that can be found scheduled on the calendar. You must have an account there to RSVP.

...or jump in our TS on the night and if there is room, we'll try and fit you in :p.

Cheers,

Edited by roy86
TS update

Testing night footage here:

I did a couple of missions. Note the gear selection menu with the dynamic camera.

I didn't even realize this was being worked on for A3!! Great news!!

Hello 86 & OCB, just want to congratulate and thank you for putting so much time and effort into Patrol Ops. Our clan currently has a DMM A2 Patrol Ops server still running on a regular basis and cannot wait for the public release of PO3. I was fortunate enough to log on and get a small taste of PO3 (patrol_ops_b3RC2.Altis, not sure if it was OCB's server) the other day and immediately noticed how much fun PO3 is going to be for some time to come and also predict that it will once again be one of the few classic must haves' for A3.

I have also been playing the same map mentioned above in editor and would like to ask permission to play/test with some of my other DMM clan members ONLY and start preparing & planning for

PO3 public release?

If your answer is yes then I will a sure you that any issues will be reported.

If not, then that is fine and I fully understand and will not share with anyone until the public release and continue to play alone in editor.:)

Cheers & Good job 86 & OCB...

Excellent well polished mission, good quality work and much better than the other counterparts out there.

Kudos to Eighytsix

Could i suggest 2 things that may be worth adding to the release candidate

1) A mission commander group

2) An additional param that will allow a server admin to restrict players to role playing.

What I mean by this is for example

Only pilots can fly

Only crewman can operate IFV's etc

All infantry slots have restricted weapons, specific to their role so that for example, only a marksman/sniper can take sniper weaponry

Only AT can take AT launchers etc.

It would help the more organised servers to play this mission (Dare I say it) "correctly" and not as is typical on badly administered servers, a free for all

looking forward to the public release

Are there any scripts for such a restriction? Maybe even restrict pilot and crewman kits to specific players/communities?

Are there any scripts for such a restriction? Maybe even restrict pilot and crewman kits to specific players/communities?

F3 Mission Framework has a crew restriction option and I've used other scripts that do work in Arma 3

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your interest and support on this. I'm a little bit off release as I'm working on the final set of features to be implemented this week. Final release will follow soon after these have been tested (approx 2-3 weeks). Terox, your second suggestion is already in the latest update that is being tested now, just not in the hosted version yet but I'll review the command structure.

At this time PO3 should ONLY be publicly hosted on OCB servers. If you wish to play PO3, I would prefer you jump on the OCB servers to test it out but I'm also fine with you hosting private sessions with your friends at this time, provided you are willing to support with feedback (both positive and constructive).

Please do not host this publicly as it is not ready and potentially buggy as I update frequently. Also don't modify the mission pbo. I have received bug reports for features I didn't add in like other revive systems and it slows down development investigating this.

Please Feedback through Dev-heaven or the OCB forum thread. An official PO3 BIS forum thread will be created on release.

Cheers,

Edited by roy86

Hi guys! The option in the Ambient Environment settings – civilians, traffic, as animals doesn't work at dedicated the server, works only at lan the server, correct please.

Loving this coming across some teething probs ..

some missions are not completing or faling with out entering mission

and is there a why to controll the admin login so we dont have to have admin on board 24 .. 7

poss to change it a a community base loging ie read xml as such or a sever side file with player id in

As missin do design specific roles for task tocompleiì

Is there an easy way to have BTS revive take over the current medic system? There seems to be some issues with the medic healing and having other soldiers heal. Not sure why, but would like to try the BTC revive script.

Suggestions?

Maybe a mod should lock this thread to prevent further confusion.

To add to the answer: If you look at the Issue Tracker of Patrol Ops, you see what Bugs/Issues are already reported and are in the works or are already fixed for the next version.