Sign in to follow this  
antoineflemming

NATO Special Operations Command [BETA]

Hey Antoine thanks for the config help. It worked. But I've hit a speed bump; I can't seem to find a little texture area circled on this image. Do you know where it's about? I've spent two hours looking...

Bink, would you know where to find that little texture as well?

Bink, would you know where to find that little texture as well?

I have no idea. Quite honestly I haven't been looking into modding anything in ArmA3 at the moment..

In all honestly Antoine

Just make some guys wearing civilian hiking gear, Gucci boots and a olive green / Khaki plate carrier - Low Profile Ops SF.

Can't go wrong there bro.

Ali's Plate carrier is legit. And I'm sure were trying to get the modular belt kit in game.

In all honestly Antoine

Just make some guys wearing civilian hiking gear, Gucci boots and a olive green / Khaki plate carrier - Low Profile Ops SF.

Can't go wrong there bro.

Ali's Plate carrier is legit. And I'm sure were trying to get the modular belt kit in game.

Put some civilian hiking gear in-game and I'll consider it. In all honesty, that's not the point of this addon. When it comes time to actually config-ing the actual units/groups themselves, I'll probably vary the gear with some of the vanilla gear items and such. But for now, in-game, it's an MTP plate carrier and an MTP helmet and an MTP combat shirt. The gear items are designated by their camo patterns, not by the SF units that are planned for the game. So all you Brits can stop worrying that I'm not making your SAS perfect. That will come when I'm actually making the SAS units with their loadouts. I will also make the Delta Force units low profile as well.

So, after nearly two weeks of radio silence, here's an update, including a rename:

AntoineFlemming's NATO Special Operations Command [ALPHA]

Version 0.53

Required Addons: N/A

Installation:

-Put the .pbo files in your ArmA3 AddOns folder. The use of mod folders is strongly encouraged.

Here is the Alpha version of my NATO Special Operations Command Addon, which features uniform, vest, and helmet reskins for the US, UK, Italian, Polish, and German special forces.

sfusdaeth.jpg sfusst6th.jpg sfus5sfgth.jpg sfuksasth.jpg

sfitilnonoth.jpg sfplgromth.jpg sfdekskth.jpg sfusdaeiwhth.jpg

Credits

Bohemia Interactive

Changelog:

v0.53

-tweaked all textures

-added British MTP uniform, vest, and headgear

-added Crye Gen 1 Multicam uniform (just the colors, not the actual cut)

-added new Integrated Warfighter Helmet

-added new faction and group faction "NATO Special Operations Command" under BLUFOR in unit list and under BLU in group list.

Download (MediaFire) [68.06MB]: http://www.mediafire.com/?1l99c5955qm3o0o

First post is also updated.

Edited by antoineflemming

Where is Canada in this mod?

Sorry, I'm not taking requests. Canada currently is not in this mod. Maybe in the future. There is already a pretty good Canada mod so check it out.

Oh come on dude you just changed the texture a tiny bit. Would even be more convincingly if there would be any nation flags left in this fictional future army.

Oh come on dude you just changed the texture a tiny bit. Would even be more convincingly if there would be any nation flags left in this fictional future army.

Your point being? It's primarily a retexture addon. I've said as such. And the flags on the chest serve to indicate which nations they are supposed to be. Now, at some point I may remove them. And what are you on about a fictional future army? NATO has a Special Operations HQ. Many if not all of the NATO members have special forces. So what the hell are you talking about a fictional army for? How about you actually contribute some actual feedback instead of trolling.

Oh, and to let you know, the only thing fictional about this addon are the name of Delta Force, called Direct Action Element because their official name changes often, and most of the camouflage patterns, which is an attempt to make a Multicam-colored camo pattern for all the nations featured, camo patterns that are fitting to Stratis and Altis.

And if this is TL;DR for you, then here's the basics: Either provide some real feedback or don't post at all.

Here's a little WIP for the next update:

Boonie hat:

sfuksasbooniehatth.jpg

MTP depicted above.

And they present in all the existing camo patterns featured in this addon.

Where is Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Turkey

? It's not really a Nato Special forces without all the Nato countries involved innit... is it?

Albania, Croatia, Estonia, Iceland and Luxembourg isn't part of the Nato Special forces. (ISL & LUX do not have a standing SOF program)

Correct me if im wrong, NATO does not have a standing military. NATO is a treaty organization, any country within the treaty is considered a NATO military. If they are acting on behalf of NATO which ever military is being used does not have to intermix with another nations force. Am I right?

Where is Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Turkey

? It's not really a Nato Special forces without all the Nato countries involved innit... is it?

Albania, Croatia, Estonia, Iceland and Luxembourg isn't part of the Nato Special forces. (ISL & LUX do not have a standing SOF program)

What? Sorry if I can't do all the nations. And why are you mentioning Albania, Croatia, Estonia, Iceland, and Luxembourg? Ok, they aren't part of NATO Special Forces. Thanks for letting me know. But they aren't in this mod anyway. I plan on adding Greece because they fit the Arma 3 story. Other nations may or may not come later. But since it's really just uniforms at this point, and no weapons or gear that are exclusive to certain nations, there's really no point to add more nations at this stage, unless they've got some unique camo patterns.

@PN11A: right, NATO doesn't have a standing military, and they don't have to intermix. So you're right. In fact, they usually don't intermix. British forces fight with British forces. Canadians fight with Canadians, Americans with Americans, Germans with Germans, and so on. I know the special forces occasionally conduct joint operations.

Correct me if im wrong, NATO does not have a standing military. NATO is a treaty organization, any country within the treaty is considered a NATO military. If they are acting on behalf of NATO which ever military is being used does not have to intermix with another nations force. Am I right?

Sure, but then calling this NATO Special Forces Command is a farce

Sure, but then calling this NATO Special Forces Command is a farce

Why? NATO Special Operations Headquarters, which is co-located with NATO's Allied Command Operations and is a command, with a commander. It is very much a COMMAND. Who's to say that in the future, it won't be called NATO Special Operations Command? For the purposes of this addon, it's basically like an international JSOC, which is the US Joint Special Operations Command, which has Army, Marines, Air Force, and Navy personnel. They all belong to their respective branches, but when apart of Task Forces, they come under the control and direction of JSOC. It's no different with NATO Special Operations Command. It's not a farce.

Beginning work on the Hellenic Special Forces unit, 1st Raiders (anyone know why the Wikipedia article gives the Greek name as the Greek word for Commando?):

http://imageshack.us/a/img507/3844/arma32013042220014626.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img600/1622/arma32013042220015156.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/7564/arma32013042220021813.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img545/5886/arma32013042220023290.jpg

Camo pattern is the vanilla camo pattern for what I assume is the Greek resistance.

Beginning work on the Hellenic Special Forces unit, 1st Raiders (anyone know why the Wikipedia article gives the Greek name as the Greek word for Commando?):

http://imageshack.us/a/img507/3844/arma32013042220014626.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img600/1622/arma32013042220015156.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/7564/arma32013042220021813.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img545/5886/arma32013042220023290.jpg

Camo pattern is the vanilla camo pattern for what I assume is the Greek resistance.

Seen that camo on a baseball cap called raven which had a Russian flag on it when I was digging through the files. ;)

Seen that camo on a baseball cap called raven which had a Russian flag on it when I was digging through the files. ;)

Nope, not the same camo: http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6339/ravenpmcnotgreek.jpg

You can also see a Greek Merkava in the same camo, here: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120619191149/armedassault/images/8/8f/Arma3_e3_2012(5).jpg

Finally, the proof that it's Greek, here (from the post-E3 website):

webfactionsartwork.jpg

Seems like a revolutionary flag (used in the past by revolutionaries opposing Ottoman rule).

Edited by antoineflemming

Yes it is the Russian PMC faction camouflage.

Yes it is the Russian PMC faction camouflage.

Did you not just see the pics I posted? Clearly, the camo I'm using isn't the same...

Great work! :)

If you have time, do you think you could add Canadian uniforms?

As far as camo, US multicam would be just fine

I would be cool to see a version using the IR patch as well as a full color version.

Great work! :)

If you have time, do you think you could add Canadian uniforms?

As far as camo, US multicam would be just fine

I would be cool to see a version using the IR patch as well as a full color version.

I'm thinking I might wanna try a fictional CADPAT with multicam colors... if it doesn't work then I'll just give them multicam.