Sign in to follow this  
antoineflemming

NATO Special Operations Command [BETA]

They are with the vest. I just couldn't get the straps to work right so I just left them off... Just assume they're velcro or something. I have redone the vests though. Will post up pics soon.

Here's essentially what I'm making for the Scorpion uniform (the very first version of Multicam):

scorpionuniformlarge.th.jpg

----------------------------------------

sfusafwth.jpg

Updated models (from the above), Scorpion camo reworked.

So, here's the current progress so far:

Going forward, I'm moving towards a milestone release. I will tweak these current uniforms, vests, and headgear. I'll make new headgear specifically for these. They will be special, hi-tech units of the US DAE and US 5th SFG. These will be released at the same time, but separate, from my WIP SCO JFCOM addon (see sig below). The last major part of the upcoming version will be some experimental "abilities" of these units. Gonna try to see if I can develop an adaptive camouflage effect (tied to the uniform) and a night vision/thermal vision mode without having NVGs (or rather, a special NVG that is tied to the headgear). Plan is for the adaptive camo to make the entire person invisible but to leave the normal map intact so that lighting and shadows still affect the clothing and armor. Not sure how I'm going to do this yet, but this is the plan. Once this is done, I will begin working on vehicles and aircraft for these units. For now, they will be simple retextures.

Edited by antoineflemming

AntoineFlemming's NATO Special Operations Command [ALPHA]

Version 0.57

Required Addons: N/A

Installation:

-Put the .pbo files in your ArmA3 AddOns folder. The use of mod folders is strongly encouraged.

Here is the Alpha version of my NATO Special Operations Command Addon, which features uniform, vest, and helmet reskins for the US, UK, French, Italian, Polish, German, and Hellenic special forces.

sfusst6th.jpg sfus5sfgth.jpg sfuksasth.jpg

sfitilnonoth.jpg sfplgromth.jpg sfdekskth.jpg

sffrgignth.jpg sfgr1katadromonth.jpg

sfusscorpionth.jpg sfushunterth.jpg

Credits

Bohemia Interactive

Changelog:

v0.57

-tweaked helmet textures

-added new combat uniforms in black and Scorpion camo

-added new FCS vest in black and Scorpion camo

-added balaclava (modified from Kiory's) in green, black, and brown

-added keffiyeh (kufiya) in tan, gray, green, black, and coyote brown

v0.55

-added French GIGN and Hellenic 1st Raiders/Parachute Brigade

-added vests with camelbaks

-added vests, uniforms, and headgear in Arid Centre Europe (FR) and Pixel Temperate (GR) camo patterns

v0.53

-tweaked all textures

-added British MTP uniform, vest, and headgear

-added Crye Gen 1 Multicam uniform (just the colors, not the actual cut)

-added new Integrated Warfighter Helmet

-added new faction and group faction "NATO Special Operations Command" under BLUFOR in unit list and under BLU in group list.

Download (MediaFire) [114.58MB]: http://www.mediafire.com/?1l99c5955qm3o0o

Edited by antoineflemming

Thanks for these! I really like the kufiya headgear.

Mind giving us a list of names so we can apply them quickly in the editor?

I'm enjoying these a lot. :D thnx!

Still missing the black and ranger green helmet though ^-^

Which pbo's do i use for the new Vest and uniform etc without the kit from the different nations?

I'm enjoying these a lot. :D thnx!

Still missing the black and ranger green helmet though ^-^

?? What black and ranger green helmet?

Which pbo's do i use for the new Vest and uniform etc without the kit from the different nations?

You need all of the PBOs. I'll get a classname list out later tonight or tomorrow.

?? What black and ranger green helmet?

You added helmets with new textures (u called them OPSCORE) in all textures that are used on the vests, except for black and ranger-green. There are vests in those colors, but not helmets. Thats what I ment. :D

You added helmets with new textures (u called them OPSCORE) in all textures that are used on the vests, except for black and ranger-green. There are vests in those colors, but not helmets. Thats what I ment. :D

Oh, that's what you mean. Well, I never meant for the helmets to match the vests, but for them to match the shirts. I can do one for the next update.

So is it not possible to get the units/gear out of the last two images on their own? [i just thought it was going to be a separate addon]

I'm pretty sure that GIGN doesn't do operations outside of France. Sure, it is WWIII and they are technically military, but from what I understand about French SF, 1er RPIMa (Premiere (1er) Regiment de Parachutistes d'Infanterie de Marine, 1st Marine Infantry Parachute Regiment) are who does the SF stuff outside of France. They are a lot like MARSOC from what i understand

Just a tip ;)

Edited by Blueteamguy

So is it not possible to get the units/gear out of the last two images on their own? [i just thought it was going to be a separate addon]

Nope. Sorry.

As I understand, you added the "Crye Bio-Suit" with this mod, which is fantastic. However, there are two suggestions I'd have towards it:

First, would it be possible to have the front and back colours be camouflage as well, like the on opFor uniform, rather than a plain green as it is now? It seems odd when being worn without a plate carrier, i.e. with the LBV harness.

Second, it would be wonderful if you could add some of the other camo patterns you already have in this mod as choices for it, if it wouldn't be too much of an issue.

One other bug I found while playing, it seems that a large portion of the gear is missing inventory textures, would it be possible to add some or use the default icons? Otherwise, great mod, hope to see an update soon :)

Thank you very much for to have included italian SOC also :)

I Don't see the changes in 0.57, I don't see the Scorpion camo or the black uniforms. What am I missing?

Hey, are you planning on making this compatible with the beta. Maybe even adding some new things? Pretty please. :)

Are there any plans to port this to Beta? I would really appreciate the AOR3 gear to be back online. Thanks for the awesome addon!

So I've been away for a month, and missed the beta release during that month. I'm not sure how things have changed and what doesn't work, but I'll be able to start work on it tomorrow. I will also begin working on vehicle and aircraft retextures.

Thank you for the great work. Helmets seem to work fine but it says there are missing textures for the Uniform and Plate carrier.

Thank you for the great work. Helmets seem to work fine but it says there are missing textures for the Uniform and Plate carrier.

Well I know I've got to do the icons for all the gear items, as well as make a gear box with all clothing in it. But, if someone could, could you kind of make a list of what isn't compatible with the beta. Just got back from being out of town for a month, so I'm not sure what all isn't working with the beta. I know my other addon's weapons aren't showing up, but not sure what issues exist with the NATO addon.