Sign in to follow this  
antoineflemming

SCO Joint Forces Command [ALPHA]

Hello all. Today I am unveiling work on an extensive, expansive OPFOR modification. The central entity of this addon is the Shanghai Cooperation Organization and its member states. The addon will include regular infantry and special forces from Takistan, Russia, China, and Iran. There are other member states, but these will be the focus. All units will feature camo and gear that are appropriate to the AO, which is Stratis and Altis - meaning, they will feature fictional arid camouflage patterns. I will primarily create the camouflage patterns and equipment, with the hope that someone could assist me in creating the actual factions, units, and groups. This is primarily an infantry addon, although later on through this Alpha and through Beta, I hope to get some help in reskinning and maybe creating new vehicles, aircraft, and ships. First off:

the Russians return to ArmA.

Presenting the reactivated Russian Spetsnaz GRU, reorganized under a "beyond-black" Special Forces unit codenamed MEDVED.

sfrumedved02th.jpg sfrumedved01th.jpg sfrumedved03th.jpg

Note: The screens above feature a reskinned unit. The helmet depicted is in fact a helmet already in the Alpha version. It is an Iranian Spec Ops helmet highly resembling the Russian Altyn helmet used by Russian special forces. If "Altyn" isn't the right name for the helmet, please let me know by the way. Couldn't really find much info on it.

RELEASE!!!

sfirmardkhorth.jpg inftktafth.jpg guelbhezbollahth.jpg

sfrumedvedth.jpg sfcnchengduth.jpg

AntoineFlemming's SCO Joint Forces Command [ALPHA]

Edited by antoineflemming

That helmet looks pretty freaking sweet. It's amazing how that helmet looks so much more believable than the stock standard Iranian one. It's futuristic, sure, but looks plausible. :)

And making a mod based on the SCO, SMART MOVE! In geopolitical terms it's only going to get more powerful in the future, so definitely worth having a good range of forces represented! :D

That helmet looks pretty freaking sweet. It's amazing how that helmet looks so much more believable than the stock standard Iranian one. It's futuristic, sure, but looks plausible. :)

And making a mod based on the SCO, SMART MOVE! In geopolitical terms it's only going to get more powerful in the future, so definitely worth having a good range of forces represented! :D

And the thing I love about it is that it's clearly designed off of Russian gear. Looks amazing.

Yeah it's immediately and clearly evocative of some of the current generation of Russian hardware, but with clear futuristic enhancements. Most defense forces around the globe seem to prefer a strategy of augmenting existing hardware rather than going far out to design something totally untested. So this clearly fits within that rationale and seems plausibly realistic, where the original bug helmet just seems a bit OTT.

Looks very interesting.. An alternative and nice new idea, especially to make an OpFor force based on the SCO...!

Is there some kind og logo/badge of SCO you will implement onto the units and vehicles...?

I don't know what the word 'Mantis' is in Russian, but that is totally what it should be called. ;)

Any progress being made on this addon? Sure has been a while since any news, and this mod sounds like it'll be pretty nice.

Not much at the moment. Been focused on my NATO SF addon. I've started work on the Takistani Armed Forces. I'll probably post up a screen tomorrow. Also debating whether or not I should use Arma 2 weapons and require the AiA mod. Really don't want to do that, because then none of the Arma3-only players will be able to use it.

If you really don't want to do that, then don't and just use the vanilla A3 alpha weapons.

Makes perfect sense to me for the moment, that covers the assault rifle, the underbarrel grenade launcher variant and if going with the Katiba series the carbine, then either way you can use the Mk 200 for the belt-fed MG and the EBR and DMR/SR roles.

Incidentally, thinking about this has led me to realize that with it's in the "machine guns" and their DMRs/SRs that BLUFOR and OPFOR are actually somewhat asymmetrical at the moment.

I'd love to see a 2035 version of the Takistani Army who, given what we know about the A3 storyline, probably sided with Iran.

Here's the current WIP on the Takistani Armed Forces. Terrain is Zargabad, weapon is the M16 from Operation Arrowhead, helmet courtesy of Vilas and featured in the Arma 2 Takistani Armed Forces 2035 addon:

inftktaf01th.jpg inftktaf02th.jpg inftktaf03th.jpg

And, yes, they are OPFOR.

Thanks. There's a texture problem with the BIS model, though. The hiddenSelection "camo" is only applied to the 3rd person LOD and not the first person LOD. So it may be awhile before that's fixed. Other than that, I've just gotten the group done for the Takistanis.

inftktafpromoth.jpg

Looks awesome. Are you gonna reoutfit them with the Katiba, though?

Remember, keep up the good work but don't work too hard.

Looks awesome. Are you gonna reoutfit them with the Katiba, though?

Remember, keep up the good work but don't work too hard.

Oh, they use the Katiba. The screenshot above actually isn't the Takistani group I created. It's actually a modification of an old version of the AiA mod. Before the latest update, that addon had Iranians replacing the Takistani units. So I replaced those with my Takistanis. That's why they have the OA M16s. So, nothing to fear, they're using the Katibas :).

MARDKHOR (Unit 400, al Quds):

vlrsjtv3govtl72fg.jpg

Also, just a small note about the addon: This addon will require my NATO SOCOM addon (for the Keffiyeh/Kufiya) and sudden's Russians addon (for the AKs). Hope that's not too much of an inconvenience.

The current units in this addon are as follows:

MARDKHOR (Unit 400, al Quds) - Iran

MEDVED (Spetsnaz GRU) - Russia

Takistani Armed Forces - Takistan

Takistani Special Forces - Takistan

Hezbollah - Lebanon, Iranian support

Mardkhor, Takistani Special Forces, and Hezbollah are all dependent on the NATO Special Operations Command addon. Medved are dependent on sudden's Russians addon.

Images here: http://imageshack.us/g/1/10129607/

Looks great. Are you gonna have any specialized vehicles for them, or for that matter, for the NATO SOCOM, or rather keep it to infantry?

Looks great. Are you gonna have any specialized vehicles for them, or for that matter, for the NATO SOCOM, or rather keep it to infantry?

Well, I'm not modelling and putting any new vehicles in-game, that's for sure. Probably once I release this, I'll start work on vehicle reskins for the KA-60 and the Ifrit. For the NATO SOCOM, I'll probably just make a tan Hunter and a black MH-9 :p. Nothing too much. Eventually, I do plan for some vehicles, aircraft, and armor. But that might come within the next month or at the end of July (will be out of town and away from my PC from the middle of June to the middle of July). For now, there's a few more gear items I'd like to add to both addons.