majoris

China - PLA Infantry (Alpha)

YAY! Majoris is back! A wise decision to release the brand new PLA mod after Marksman dlc release... BIS will break some (or a lot) of modded functions and so PLA will be bipod compliant (please, make it ASDG JR compactible too)

Great pics, I guess the hands positions on weapons will be right this time? ;D

cheers!

If its not Zeus compatible I can help with that if you'd like. Or point ya in the right direction. ;)

If its not Zeus compatible I can help with that if you'd like. Or point ya in the right direction. ;)

Yes help me please, I tried to add with the module manager but it says it's misconfigured and Zeus can't use it.

Thanks.

@serch248 That was directed at majoris. Sorry man. Its gotta be fixed in the config files of his mod. I got Rainbow to work in Zeus. I'm sure if he's not sure I can help him. But my bet is he knows how. He just got back so hasn't had time to fix that yet. ;) I probably should have sent this in a pm instead. lol That being said if he needs help the offer stands. :)

Getting the full range of content in game is top priority, but I do plan on remaking the configs so there's room for Zeus.

Just keep in mind I'm working alone and things take a while, so if anyone can assist in modeling, rigging, or animating I'd be happy to collaborate! At the moment I'm still using some VME content from Arma2 (e.g. language pack, some weapons) which I'd like to replace.

I'll reach out to a few of you for testing purposes over the coming weeks.

Modeling and animations I've not delved into yet. What is rigging? Textures? I can barely do that. lol I can help with configs or send you my config of Rainbow to give you an example to go by for Zeus. Let me know And I'll put notes in it so you know were to look. BTW Great mod. :)

As long as everything's named in CfgPatches and has scopeCurator = 2; they should work...?

ZBD-04, basically a Chinese modification of the BMP3. The guns are a bit larger caliber than they are in real life (120mm vs. 100mm main gun, 35mm vs. 30mm autocannon) but I may create new definitions rather than use the stock Arma vehicle configs.

e7aza8.jpg

Click here for a larger version

• Like 1

Would you ever consider making a WZ-10 attack chopper for your pack? its a pretty cool looking chopper

that ZBD looks amazing btw

Would you ever consider making a WZ-10 attack chopper for your pack? its a pretty cool looking chopper

that ZBD looks amazing btw

Already finished actually. Lots of problems getting the glass and cockpit to work properly or I'd show a screenshot.

Already finished actually. Lots of problems getting the glass and cockpit to work properly or I'd show a screenshot.

Is it glowing for you? I think you just need to sort alphas on them. Worked-ish for me.

you sir are amazing for making that

Glad to hear this will be updated, I was actually making a mission with your older units and was thinking how nice it'd be for an update! Will you be making these updated ones more contemporary, or sticking with the 2035 theme?

Any possibility of doing non-futuristic units? Perhaps a modern pack of current Chinese/North Korean forces?

Hello there! Just thought I'd pick around and see if this addon is still being worked on! I always thought the ArmA community could benefit from a People's Liberation Army mod, considering their are mods like RHS that adds the Russian Federation and the U.S.

• Like 1

If you need any support setting up Alive support give me a shout! When you write your group configs just follow this format http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Unit_Mod_Config_Standardisation and they should work just fine. The ZBD-04 looks really great!

Just curious....is this mod now set up for ALiVE?

I'd love to incorporate the PLA into my ALiVE missions.

• Like 1

Hello there! Just thought I'd pick around and see if this addon is still being worked on! I always thought the ArmA community could benefit from a People's Liberation Army mod, considering their are mods like RHS that adds the Russian Federation and the U.S.

Seconding this, especially after seeing the screenshot of an 'A3 quality' ZBD04... although I understand that IRL it was since succeeded by the uparmored but waterjets-removed ZBD04A (erroneously dubbed "ZBD08" on English-language sites) and the ZBD05 IFV/ZTD05 AAV (foreground here).

I'm able to playtest if need be!

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions

If it is there it is compatible..

Nope, it's not set up for ALiVE, which stinks since there are a million different mods with Middle Eastern/African forces but zero high quality North Korean/Chinese force mods that work with ALiVE.  Would love to use this army in one of my ALiVE missions.

I just keep hoping that majoris will return sometime soon to at least at zeus compatability, that is all I need

I just keep hoping that majoris will return sometime soon to at least at zeus compatability, that is all I need

the weapons need muzzle flash too, i'm just going to use Massi's PLA forces and wait for Majoris' return