majoris

China - PLA Infantry (Alpha)

Are you running Dev Branch? It's not tested to work with any previous versions of Arma3.

Hi Majoris.

First thanks for the hard work.

I just need confirmation if I may. I seem to be a bit confused.

I'm using the 1.2 with DEV build and cannot place units on the map, as others have said as well.

Post #95 says:

People's Liberation Army (v2.0)

Is post #95 only teaser? The full release is not out? Because I would assume you would have announced it on the first page and I'm missing something here.

Tried to download from your SIG, but still coming in as 1.2..........sorry for the misunderstanding.

EDIT

AHHHHH!:omg:

Found it on first page:

Download:

- Link (Version 2.0) - Dropbox

So, you will announce this with Armaholic?

Edited by Kommiekat

Hi Majoris.

First thanks for the hard work.

I just need confirmation if I may. I seem to be a bit confused.

I'm using the 1.2 with DEV build and cannot place units on the map, as others have said as well.

Post #95 says:

People's Liberation Army (v2.0)

Is post #95 only teaser? The full release is not out? Because I would assume you would have announced it on the first page and I'm missing something here.

Tried to download from your SIG, but still coming in as 1.2..........sorry for the misunderstanding.

EDIT

AHHHHH!:omg:

Found it on first page:

Download:

- Link (Version 2.0) - Dropbox

So, you will announce this with Armaholic?

I messaged Foxhound at Armaholic about the release - I'm sure they'll post it soon. :)

Yes, thanks for that.

I have been on holiday but i have broken my right hand so I can oly work with the left. It is going to take me some time to get Armaholic fully up to date again as typing and any pc work goes slow as hell. Also there still is a lot of pain an i have to go back to hopital so they can check wether the bone is in the right position which is not clear yet. If it is not i am f*ck*& and might need an operation.

I will do my best to get things done asap but i cant promise much atm :(

Best of luck! Losing your right hand is every man's worst nightmare, for obvious reasons :j: Speedy recovery! If there are any other contacts at Armaholic I could approach, please let me know.

On a side note, here's what I'm working on for the next patch:

- Signature keys for MP

- Retextured aircraft for Airborne

- Retextured boats/ships for Marines

- Retextured support trucks

- Special Forces units

- Camouflage painted faces

My end goal is for the pack to be a complete MP-compatible replacement for Arma3 OPFOR.

Nah, I am taking care of these kind of releases. I will only be a lot slower than normal ;)

I hope and expect it to be up in the evening.

Many thanks for the wishes! ;)

[update]

Thank you very much for informing us about the new release :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Edited by Guest

Would it be possible to add a BTR-K (Think that's the name.) and an AA version for the PLA? Thanks!

Best of luck! Losing your right hand is every man's worst nightmare, for obvious reasons :j: Speedy recovery! If there are any other contacts at Armaholic I could approach, please let me know.

On a side note, here's what I'm working on for the next patch:

- Retextured boats/ships for Marines

You may want to consider getting "hcpookie" in on that.

He's already got mods out for ships and planes.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16181&highlight=HCPOOKIE

Also, could you kindly post the CONFIGs for the mod?

I can see already I've got to add backpacks to units and may want to re-do the weapons layout to relate to certain missions.

Perhaps someplace at the bottom of your 1st post?

Would it be possible to add a BTR-K (Think that's the name.) and an AA version for the PLA? Thanks!

I wish I could, but unfortunately I'm limited by what BIS makes currently available for retexturing. The OPFOR vehicles don't have functioning hiddenselectiontextures - once they do, this will be a full OPFOR replacement pack for all units and vehicles.

Below you'll find the classnames for all units, weapons and equipment.

Thanks again for the feedback! :)

Universal:

- PLA_Rifleman

- PLA_SquadLeader

- PLA_AutoRifleman

- PLA_MG

- PLA_Marksman

- PLA_Grenadier

- PLA_AT

- PLA_AA

- PLA_Medic

- PLA_Explosive

Marine:

- PLA_Rifleman_Marine

- PLA_SquadLeader_Marine

- PLA_AutoRifleman_Marine

- PLA_MG_Marine

- PLA_Marksman_Marine

- PLA_Grenadier_Marine

- PLA_AT_Marine

- PLA_AA_Marine

- PLA_Medic_Marine

- PLA_Explosive_Marine

Uniforms:

- PLA_CombatUniform

- PLA_CombatUniform_Medic

- PLA_CombatUniform_Marine

- PLA_CombatUniform_Marine_Medic

Equipment:

- PLA_Vest

- PLA_Vest_Marine

- PLA_Helmet

- PLA_Helmet_Marine

- PLA_Boonie

- PLA_Boonie_Marine

- PLA_Cap

- PLA_Cap_Marine

- PLA_Kitbag

- PLA_Kitbag_AR

- PLA_Kitbag_Exp

- PLA_Kitbag_Medic

- PLA_Kitbag_AT

- PLA_Ktbag_AA

- PLA_Kitbag_Repair

- PLA_Kitbag_Marine

- PLA_Kitbag_Marine_AR

- PLA_Kitbag_Marine_Exp

- PLA_Kitbag_Marine_Medic

- PLA_Kitbag_Marine_AT

- PLA_Kitbag_Marine_AA

Weapons/Ammo:

- PLA_QBB95 (75Rnd_58x42_QBB)

- PLA_QBZ95 (30Rnd_58x42_QBZ)

- PLA_QBZ95B (30Rnd_58x42_QBZ)

- PLA_QBZ95GL (30Rnd_58x42_QBZ, 1Rnd_HE_GL1)

- PLA_QJY88 (100Rnd_58x42_QJY)

- PLA_KBU88 (10Rnd_58x42_KBU)

Edited by majoris

Just gave these a go, Like the units and the retextures on the vehicles, would love to see some modern day assets etc and less future BS but i am not making the mod.

some things I noticed, hand placement needs to be adjusted on the rifles, and the DMR/Marksman rifle looks extremely skinny.

ALSO did you a favor and went back to the regular beta and these do work ;) just tanks etc are not available to choose just the cars and men.

Just gave these a go, Like the units and the retextures on the vehicles, would love to see some modern day assets etc and less future BS but i am not making the mod.

some things I noticed, hand placement needs to be adjusted on the rifles, and the DMR/Marksman rifle looks extremely skinny.

ALSO did you a favor and went back to the regular beta and these do work ;) just tanks etc are not available to choose just the cars and men.

What future BS do you see on these guys? The helmets are smaller PASGTs, the vests some kind of IOTV look a like (not sure what the vest actually is), the uniform shirt is a combat shirt currently used by the US Army, and the pants look like something out of WWII. The rifle is also a modern rifle. Only thing future is the vehicle, and, well, there aren't any modern vehicles in the game. So what are you complaining about?

What future BS do you see on these guys? The helmets are smaller PASGTs, the vests some kind of IOTV look a like (not sure what the vest actually is), the uniform shirt is a combat shirt currently used by the US Army, and the pants look like something out of WWII. The rifle is also a modern rifle. Only thing future is the vehicle, and, well, there aren't any modern vehicles in the game. So what are you complaining about?

Only thing future is the vehicle ?? :) well those vehicles i have seen on the pic's is modern vehicles, used today ;)

In general, there are not much futuristic in the arma 3, yes some of them perhaps, but the weapons, most of the vehicles and air and water units are also in use today, well yes i havent seen the tanks in real life, so im sure they are futuristic (if not show me some pics ;) ) but all in all arma 3 are more todays units then future units and thank GOD for that :) My most disappointment is the opfor uniform THAT is TO much futuristic, looks like some kind of robocop thing, dont like it, so i think these chinese units fit even more to arma 3.

Back to this topic, i like the chinese units, but they are far to the real thing (today's chinese army) but i can life with that, the weapons are spot on as i remember these are chinese weapons, the camo is cool and yes they are using some "US" shirts and so on, but its just matters on the chinese skill to copy things ;)

Good work, i will download them and try them out, hope to see more cool stuff :) sad they are not on the NATO side :(

Best regards

Viking

Edited by Viking (DK)

funny enough i was referring to the vehicles, assets being currently in use Chinese vehicles air assets etc

If I was capable of modeling, definitely! But as agreed with the VME mod (who let me use their Mandarin recordings and weapons) anything contemporary or modern is their turf. The most I'll probably do in that sense is create the 2010-era digital patterns used by the PLA currently, but vehicles are not something I'm capable of doing myself.

If anyone is able to model and contribute, please let me know! :)

does this mod have its own faction class? so its not muddled up in the CSAT classes?

I had this issue many times in arma 2 with many different addons

just thought id pop the question

If I was capable of modeling, definitely! But as agreed with the VME mod (who let me use their Mandarin recordings and weapons) anything contemporary or modern is their turf. The most I'll probably do in that sense is create the 2010-era digital patterns used by the PLA currently, but vehicles are not something I'm capable of doing myself.

If anyone is able to model and contribute, please let me know! :)

In a sense, it's a bummer that they (VME) are limiting you on what you can do but on the other hand, I guess they do have some say so.

Did Alex ever say when they will upload their version for us?

does this mod have its own faction class? so its not muddled up in the CSAT classes?

I had this issue many times in arma 2 with many different addons

just thought id pop the question

It has it's own faction class, complete with icons and proper groupings. I took extra care to ensure the addon is neatly organized and detailed in terms of configuration - what you mentioned is also a pet peeve of mine. :)

@KommieCat - not sure unfortunately, I haven't been in contact for a few months.

nice work! where is the download link?

First page (Armaholic mirror).

Can anyone help with server keys? No idea how to create them and there aren't many tutorials.

Also, got some new vehicles working! :)

2euo46x.jpg

just a heads up dude, but i can't find a link on your first post, quoting seems to have broken it.

EDIT: You know what, turns out it was a problem on my end, sorry about that. Great stuff dude.

Hi Majoris, thanks for the update (and good to see you got your account back ;D Anxious for the next update (have you alredy fixed the hands positions holding the guns? in 2.0 they´re clipping through the grips) and the custom missions Kommiekat and other user are going to make using your superb addon!

cheers