majoris

China - PLA Infantry (Alpha)

I hope this great mod gets updated soon! I don't think the creator has been on in over a month (at least, judging by the date of his last post), so, if it's been abandoned, is it up for grabs in terms of updating it for Beta? I really could use the PLA for my Pacific missions! :)

Hey guys,

This is Majoris, the creator of the addon. For some stupid reason, my account here has been blocked and I'm unable to retrieve my password, since the email account registered to it expired (old university account). Can any moderators help me retrieve my REAL account? I can provide any credentials required.

Regarding the addon itself, I've been continuing work on it for the past few months. Unfortunately, every update seems to break something in the addon and the transition from Alpha to Beta has been a headache, to say the least. Just doesn't make sense to keep releasing updates every time Arma3 is patched.

I will release a barebones update in the near future with just the infantry & weapons, although completely reskinned vehicles are coming for the full version.

Sorry for the confusion! Again, any help from a moderator to retrieve my account would be appreciated.

- Majoris

That's great news. Can't wait to use this pack again. Thanks for your continued work.

Hey guys,

This is Majoris, the creator of the addon. For some stupid reason, my account here has been blocked and I'm unable to retrieve my password, since the email account registered to it expired (old university account). Can any moderators help me retrieve my REAL account? I can provide any credentials required.

----Hey, mate. You are really out. Since there was a hack events happened on BIS's website, BIS has reset all our passwards. You may solve the problem by yourself, firstly find the mail from BIS in your registered email box, you will find a link, click it, then follow the procedure to set a new password.

You may solve the problem by yourself, firstly find the mail from BIS in your registered email box, you will find a link, click it, then follow the procedure to set a new password.

He can't retrieve the password reset email:

...the email account registered to it expired...

Majoris, have you contacted customer support?

Hey guys,

Regarding the addon itself, I've been continuing work on it for the past few months. Unfortunately, every update seems to break something in the addon and the transition from Alpha to Beta has been a headache, to say the least. Just doesn't make sense to keep releasing updates every time Arma3 is patched.

I will release a barebones update in the near future with just the infantry & weapons, although completely reskinned vehicles are coming for the full version.

Sorry for the confusion! Again, any help from a moderator to retrieve my account would be appreciated.

- Majoris

Please contact support@bistudio.com in relation to your account issues.

I'm in the process of getting my old account back - in the meantime, a screenshot of the reworked PLA units. I've been using the developer beta to help "predict" future errors from coming up :)

Altis is seriously awesome!!!

- Based on the Independent model (more realistic)

- Stratis/Altis specific camouflage

- Reworked weapons to work in the Beta

- Fixed tons of minor bugs to get the addons working again

The new addons will feature the same units hopefully (Marine, Arid, Woodland, etc.) but with reworked patterns to better fit the Arma3 setting.

125qfy9.jpg

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2wrmgcy.jpg (258 kB)

Edited by Blick Mang

I'm in the process of getting my old account back - in the meantime, a screenshot of the reworked PLA units. I've been using the developer beta to help "predict" future errors from coming up :)

Altis is seriously awesome!!!

- Based on the Independent model (more realistic)

- Stratis/Altis specific camouflage

- Reworked weapons to work in the Beta

- Fixed tons of minor bugs to get the addons working again

The new addons will feature the same units hopefully (Marine, Arid, Woodland, etc.) but with reworked patterns to better fit the Arma3 setting.)

Ehh, I actually preferred the original outfitting choices, they seemed more "2035" -- but for "second line" units or representing "pre-2035" units I can get, and in any case the choice of Stratis/Altis-specific camouflages is a cool idea with your screenshot highlighting what this seems to mean, hurrah!

I concur, I really like the future uniforms, however I also think this new uniform is perfect for regular PLA troops. Maybe the original future stuff can be used for specfor?

I concur, I really like the future uniforms, however I also think this new uniform is perfect for regular PLA troops. Maybe the original future stuff can be used for specfor?

Exactly what I'll do :) The addon is nearing completion and should be released by Friday at the latest. Updates:

• Fixed Mandarin voices; now functioning in all Arma3 versions (beta, dev branch)
  • Divided infantry by unit, rather than uniform (e.g. 15th Airborne Corps)

- Unit-specific uniforms, patches, and equipment

• Added Chinese group editor icons (e.g. the red icon in the editor for CSAT) and reconfigured names
  • About a million small adjustments and bug fixes

Good job, Mang, expecting much for your PLA uinits.

By the way, where did you sample the mandarin voices?

Is the latest build still working for Alpha Dev .77

I put down one unit from each class on the Editor and got config errors when going into PREVIEW.

Was not able to get even past clicking the button.

I am now coming up with mission ideas and need to know if we are a go or not.

Thx!

Is the latest build still working for Alpha Dev .77

I put down one unit from each class on the Editor and got config errors when going into PREVIEW.

Was not able to get even past clicking the button.

I am now coming up with mission ideas and need to know if we are a go or not.

Thx!

Uploading the file currently, will post in the morning. :)

Added a few new goodies for the release.

e6p25e.jpg

http://oi42.tinypic.com/e6p25e.jpg

YAY! Anxious to play again with your units, Majoris... and I´ll bet Kommiekat will do some awesome missions with them, kudos for both ;D (ArmA2 already have the OPF2 clone island and some missions spoofing that ill fated game, hope to see them ported so they would be played the right way -> in the arma engine lol ;D

Looking forward to it!

Need and excuse to dive into the A3 editor.

I hope BIS will have the editor ready for Campaign making abilities...........or do they now?

Let me know what you guys think, I spent a lot of time on this update. :)

A few glitches aren't fixed yet (e.g. voice bug) but there's lots of new content and server keys.

People's Liberation Army (v2.5)

new_01.jpg

727xc5.jpg

new_04.jpg

new_03.jpg

dcdnic.jpg

Description:

Custom and retextured infantry units, vehicles, and weapons depicting futuristic Chinese PLA units (circa 2035).

All units and groups can be found under the "PLA" faction. Ammo boxes with Chinese weapons can also be found under "Empty".

Storyline

After nearly 40 years of unprecedented economic growth and technological advancements, China has deployed expeditionary

forces throughout the Mediterranean in support of allied Iran's military campaigns.

Features:

- Squads:

- Infantry

- Special Forces

- Chinese weapons:

- QBZ95 Rifle

- QBZ95B Carbine

- QBB95 LSW

- QJY88 GPMG

- QBU88 DMR

- Chinese vehicles (fictional):

- WZ35 AH

- ZFB35 IFV

- ZFB35 GMG IFV

- ZFB35 GMG IFV

- ZSD35 IFV

- ZTZ30 MBT

- ZTZ35 MBT

- J30 CAS

- J30 AA

- ZSD35 IFV

- WS35 Covered

- WS35 Uncovered

- WS35 Fuel

- WS35 Ammo

- WS35 Medical

- WS35 Repair

- Chinese language replacement (radio/voices)

- Asian face replacement

Download:

- Link (Version 2.5) - Armaholic

- Server key - Filedropper

Changelog:

- Added server keys

- Added Special Forces units

- Added Air, Armor, Mechanized, Motorized, and Support vehicles

- Added new infantry equipment and uniforms

- Added camouflage face paint

- Added LIVE unit/group compatibility

- Fixed weapon hand positioning

- Resized textures in high resolution for better quality

Credits:

- VME PLA Mod for their sounds, weapon models, config help, and support!

- ShOcKeRoS for his North Korean units and config help

- Saul for his amazing PSD templates; you're a lifesaver!

Classnames:

Universal:

- PLA_Rifleman

- PLA_SquadLeader

- PLA_AutoRifleman

- PLA_MG

- PLA_Marksman

- PLA_Grenadier

- PLA_AT

- PLA_AA

- PLA_Medic

- PLA_Explosive

- PLA_Crew

Special Forces:

- PLA_Rifleman_SF

- PLA_SquadLeader_SF

- PLA_AutoRifleman_SF

- PLA_MG_SF

- PLA_Marksman_SF

- PLA_Grenadier_SF

- PLA_AT_SF

- PLA_AA_SF

- PLA_Medic_SF

- PLA_Explosive_SF

- PLA_Crew_SF

Uniforms:

- PLA_CombatUniform

- PLA_CombatUniform_Medic

- PLA_CombatUniform_SF

- PLA_CombatUniform_Medic_SF

Equipment:

- PLA_Vest

- PLA_Vest_SF

- PLA_Helmet

- PLA_Helmet_Camo

- PLA_Boonie

- PLA_Boonie_SF

- PLA_Cap

- PLA_Cap_SF

- PLA_Kitbag

- PLA_Kitbag_AR

- PLA_Kitbag_Exp

- PLA_Kitbag_Medic

- PLA_Kitbag_AT

- PLA_Ktbag_AA

- PLA_Kitbag_Repair

- PLA_Kitbag_SF

- PLA_Kitbag_AR_SF

- PLA_Kitbag_Exp_SF

- PLA_Kitbag_Medic_SF

- PLA_Kitbag_AT_SF

- PLA_Kitbag_AA_SF

Weapons/Ammo:

- PLA_QBB95 (75Rnd_58x42_QBB)

- PLA_QBZ95 (30Rnd_58x42_QBZ)

- PLA_QBZ95B (30Rnd_58x42_QBZ)

- PLA_QBZ95GL (30Rnd_58x42_QBZ, 1Rnd_HE_GL1)

- PLA_QJY88 (100Rnd_58x42_QJY)

- PLA_KBU88 (10Rnd_58x42_KBU)

Edited by majoris

Here goes! Updated version of the addon with tons of new content, bug fixes for stable and error-free operation in Dev Branch, and lots of other improvements. Feedback is much appreciated!

Big piece of work for sure. I need to check this out.

your work looks good however i cant seem to find the pla faction in the editor. This may be because of other mods but i am not sure. any help would be gladly appreciated.:)

your work looks good however i cant seem to find the pla faction in the editor. This may be because of other mods but i am not sure. any help would be gladly appreciated.:)

Are you running Dev Branch? It's not tested to work with any previous versions of Arma3.

Are you running Dev Branch? It's not tested to work with any previous versions of Arma3.
im sorry, i got it to work but for some reason even thought i enabled the expansion and restarted arma. when i got back the expansion was still unchecked and i didn't know that sorry for wasting t=your time :)