Sign in to follow this  
Deadfast

Deadfast's Readable UI

Deadfast's Readable UI

Changes the color of some UI elements to make them possible to read.

MP Compatible: Yes, client side

Signed: Yes, key here

Requires: ARMA 3 Alpha

Some user interface elements have colors that are a bit ill chosen. This is especially a problem with list boxes that can be completely unreadable in places.

Until a proper fix is introduced by BIS, this addon aims to address it.

lobby_before_s.jpg lobby_after_s.jpg

Changes so far:

• Highlight color of listboxes
  • Highlight color of menu buttons

If there are any other elements that you think deserve to be changed, please, let me know!

Edited by Deadfast

I see this as a visual plea for BI to take the issue into account. I'll save my download for later if it eventually starts to bother me but you prove a good point releasing this UI edit. Hopefully devs see it and use your idea for the next update! :)

Does the UI colour option in the game settings help? BTW, the default #$% highlight colour in MP squad selection screen has been that way since, well, at least Arma 2, so I guess BIS was trolling us with it on purpose all the time and I don't see them changing it :)

Of course, nice addon Deadfast!

Signed: Yes, key here

Um, sorry, but what's a key? Is that something I should know before using this mod?

I'm new to Arma III and haven't been using any mods, but it would be nice to see what soldier type I've chosen.

Um, sorry, but what's a key? Is that something I should know before using this mod?

I'm new to Arma III and haven't been using any mods, but it would be nice to see what soldier type I've chosen.

You don't need it, it's only for server admins who can then use that key to allow this mod onto their server.

You don't need it, it's only for server admins who can then use that key to allow this mod onto their server.

Thanks. So this won't work unless a server specifically allows it? Hmm,... I suppose all mods are like that? It makes sense, but I never thought about it, since I don't usually play multiplayer games (or use mods, for that matter). But I can see where allowing any mod at all would probably be insane in a multiplayer game, huh?

Thanks again - for the mod, too.