Sign in to follow this  
androkiller

Xbox Controller Better Mapping

I agree !!!!

Game will just have to sit til its fixed.

Been using invert for years.

Oops! You can configure controller as in Arma 2.

Just disable the x-box controller (which is weird)

And add/select your x-box keys where you select your keyboard commands.

So I just tried mapping the Xbox 360 controller, seems the situation hasn't improved at all since the Alpha.

I couldn't find a way to map analogue infantry movement (like ARMA 2 had), is there any way to do this? mapping WASD to the analogue stick just feels terrible.

So I just tried mapping the Xbox 360 controller, seems the situation hasn't improved at all since the Alpha.

I couldn't find a way to map analogue infantry movement (like ARMA 2 had), is there any way to do this? mapping WASD to the analogue stick just feels terrible.

Sorry if I'm mis-understanding what you are trying to do however I just went to Controls then configure controller.

Disable the xbox controller with scheme.

Goto Keyboard and click next to show - weapons/ infantry movement etc. - whatever you want to change.

For instance to use your left pad to move forward goto infantry movement, click on "move forward" a window will come up.

Push forward on the controller and it will add x-box y axis (you don't have to remove the keyboard command, if you want to there is a button at the bottom to delete it)

Click ok and now pushing the left controller arm will move you forward or run just like any x-box game.

The only thing that doesn't seem to work for some reason are the two triggers - they add when you click them but don't work in game.

I had the same problem in ArmaII so I used the right bumper to fire.

I am new to PC games and would really like a good default configuration for the Xbox controller built in the game, with a guide to the layout. A double tapping function, a hold modifier and the use of modifiers to switch buttons to a new set of functions would be good. I have paid for a game (also bought Take on Mars) that I effectively can't play, believing there would be full support, but it seems that information is incorrect. I may try using Pinnacle to map controls, but it seems like a lot of work for what could be provided for in the game. Disappointing.:(

Avibird 1,Or anybody for that matter lol. Can you invert the right stick without xpadder and still have the great standard xbox360 setup?Remapping so far has wrecked the proper sencitivety when I try and HOW THE %^LL do you do it in Xpadder? Talk about have a hard time lol... When I use xpadder it seems to be ignored when I run arma3 with the standard scheme.Everything is perfect for me except the invert look.