Mac

In-Vehicle Leaning

Do you want In-Vehicle Leaning similiar to Take On Helicopters  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want In-Vehicle Leaning similiar to Take On Helicopters

• Yes
    • No
    • I Don't Care

I'm wondering what the community opinion is on this. I did a search and couldn't find anything. What do you guys think of implementing the in vehicle leaning system from Take on Helicopters? BIS can already do it with the engine so why not implement it into A3. I think it would help to see the PIP rear view better, where the players hand covers it. And just to be able to peak slightly left or right to look around the vehicle structure from inside.

Tracker Request:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=6479

Edited by Mac
Feedback Tracker

It already works, at least in choppers. hold left ctrl and try Q and E or A and D, can't remember.

I was under the impression that it was already implemented using the ctrl+q/e keys. I'll go test it out now...

Edit: Ah ninjad.

I made a quick demonstration video for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about:

Edited by KingChubbles

It's not the same as ToH, all you can do now in A3 is the head roll right or left. ToH lets you actually lean left or right in increments so you can push up against the window or lean into the center of the vehicle

If you have a go of the AH9 you will see it does have full "6 Degrees of Freedom". The other helos are not fully configured yet though.

But, yes, I would really like to see 6DoF for every vehicle in the game. I would also like to see the limits of how far you can "move" about increased. When you try the AH9 you will see you can move about in all the right axis, but its quite limited, especially on the Z axis (Forward and Back) and the X axis (side to side).

I would imagine it works with TrackIR like TOH as well.

Can see it being useful in choppers, and for sticking your dogs togue out the window while drivin at high speed, nice and unexpected feature.

This has been a very informative thread. I didn't know that you could already adjust your perspective like this. Is this in A2/OA by any chance? Also, while this exists, I would like to see a real lean as well, with the character physically moving.

It works with TrackIR quite nicely as far as I can tell.

seconded! works well in MH-9 or AH-9, not so much in KA-60 (but then don't fly it as much)