Sign in to follow this  
hogthar

Design Mastery Sunrise

Really liking the new tone, looks way warmer than the default :)

the colors are more realistic on your screenshots.

Good job !

lets try this :)

this is looking really good, will test it instantly

guys since you seem fit with lighting, please have a look at my WIP thread, im working on a dynamic sandstorm config but i am still puzzled about some things, you might have some ideas or suggestions?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153392-Questions-about-Arma3-Lighting

Love the DM lighting, used it since ArmA 2. Thank you very much for this mod!

Sorry, but maybe you've never lived in a southern Mediterranean country. The lighting is perfect without this mod. However, have fun playing with some fantasy colours if you like :)

Gattobuono, Italy

I have to admit, the colours aren't like this around Marseilles, Nimes, and from what I remember from my trips to Greece, everything was rather "bland" and white-ish. The mod proposes colours more suited for maybe northern France, Germany, Austria.

Edited by Agalpaf

The first thing I noticed when I started playing Arma 3 was how accurate the lighting was for un paese mediterraneo (a Mediterranean country). In fact I'd say it's one of the most authentic environments that I've seen in a game so far, right down to the frinio delle cilcale (screeching of the cicadas). The lighting in this mod is way too yellow, perhaps more suited to northern Europe.

I think it looks great adds more light in those early morning late evenings which is pretty awesome including the glare off the back of my EOTech when the sun hits it. Great job. I am using it.

The first thing I noticed when I started playing Arma 3 was how accurate the lighting was for un paese mediterraneo (a Mediterranean country). In fact I'd say it's one of the most authentic environments that I've seen in a game so far, right down to the frinio delle cilcale (screeching of the cicadas). The lighting in this mod is way too yellow, perhaps more suited to northern Europe.

I agree. It's great during sunrise, but it's way too yellow for every other time.

actually high yellows are more natural. Google pictures of Mediterranean countrys and 90% show as a yellow hue being predominate unless the picture has been photoshoppped. Even in Southern Cal and here in NJ the summer and spring days are hazy yellow unless you are wearing polarized sunglasses. Of course fog and weather change all that but I still think looks pretty good.. It is definitely more natural than that permanent haze you see as if the island is covered in smog lol.

I think some people have preset their monitors to 9300k (very blueish). The other thing is the color difference between alpha and developement version. A third factor is the reference: photo (color presets/corrections) vs memory to real mediterranian summer. My monitor color is more 6500k, dev version and its far too yellow. The blue haze/fog was present in the early versions of alpha and is heavily reduced since then.

But its a matter of taste.

- I was once in Greece but honestly i didn't watch the colors so when i created this mod i worked from pictures and local lights.

Actually i live in center of Europe so maybe i screwed up.

example for the pictures, is Tassos:

http://m.cdn.blog.hu/go/gorogorszag/image/gorogorszag_tassos%20084.jpg

otherwise its a good compromise for others islands, because i think mod makers will create lots of islands.

- My work in the future(This doesn't include fixes):

I want other 2 lights effect, so you can choice what you like to use.

1. Like Bf3 style, so colorless with lights contrast

2. post apocaliptic style, its colorful with highlights.

Edited by Hogthar

I agree in probably is different on different systems, Different cards, video settings ect. I appreciate the effort and look forward to different versions you release. Great job.

I think this is a great mod. I personally enjoy the change of color tones. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Thanks for this great mod, will give it a testing very soon..:)

I liked it in the first row.

But then we played some mission during which I noticed vegetation green being too vibrant (see screenshots).

a3green2.jpg

a3green.jpg

So.. original gfx contains blue mist, your one contains too much green/yellow. However keep a good job.

regards

Edited by MaXyM

i have yellowish wind protection glasses, it looks exactly the same, when i put them on in summer. But in reality, at least in europe, the more cold color like on screens without mod is what i see without them. So your mod, could be a good addition to various glasses in the game. Black should everything look toned down, yellow glasses could use that filter, i do see on first screens by op.

I will try to fix these problems.