Sign in to follow this  
Tuliq

3D Text in arma 3 alpha

Hello, just a quick question that I haven't seen answered anywhere. Does the bis_fnc_3dCredits command work at all in A3 as of date? I just can't seem to get it working.

Hello, just a quick question that I haven't seen answered anywhere. Does the bis_fnc_3dCredits command work at all in A3 as of date? I just can't seem to get it working.

Tested it and it works.

instead of just posting "It works" perhaps you could post how you managed to get it working

I managed to do it another way using the Draw3d mission event handler. I can try to explain. I found this by looking through the code of the bis_fnc_establishingShot function.

_draw3D = addMissionEventHandler ["Draw3D",{

drawIcon3D ["", [1,1,1,1], getpos player, 0, 0, 0, name player, 0,0.04];

}
];

I've never seen mission event handlers used before, seems there is little to none documentation on what they are, and what they do, but it seems the "draw3d" eventhandler fires code on every drawn frame, which is required for 3d functions such as the new DrawIcon3d. It is probably passing some parameters to, but I haven't checked for them. Anyway, the previous script will generate some text at the players feet, and it will uptade position in realtime. (just a quick example... not often do you want to draw text over a players feet unless you are doing some militaristic shoe commercial)