Sign in to follow this  
kaelies

Kae's Weaponlist Shortener

Kaelies' Weapon List Shortener

This is a very simple mod that makes the list of usable weapons returned by a config search much shorter. As an example of what this means, other mods or scripts such as AmmoBox fillers, that use that functionality to be compatible with mods, won't show up all of the duplicate guns.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?i38azyc3i21a4b5

By default, the config classes in Arma include a lot of duplicate weapons with the only change being optics, silencers, or lasers attached by default. This is most likely used for optics being usable with weapons held by units placed in the editor, but this in turn makes a large amount of almost duplicate entries in the config files that will be returned when using a script, with no special tags to differentiate them from other weapons.

What this modification does is it sets the "scope" of these weapons to 1 (The weapon is usable, but it's icon not visible. Typically used for vehicle weapons). This makes it so they won't show up in a config search for guns that are usable by human players, so a script that would fill up an ammocrate, would simulate one, or might do something else, will not end up listing those guns. This significantly reduces the list from being between 50-100 guns, to a bit under 20 (with no mods).

Warning!

The original intent of this mod was for use with ammobox scripts. A known bug is that the icon of most weapons that units placed in the editor hold will not show up in your inventory, and this is fully intentional. Furthermore, you will be unable to drop a weapon that is affected by this. However, if used with an ammobox script, it will not matter, as only fully working guns will show up.

Finally, I have not undergone enough testing with AI as of yet, but it appears to work perfectly fine with no bugs on AI, except for the aforementioned bug when picking up one of their weapons.