Sign in to follow this  
glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement Modification

Very much looking forward to this. Any ETA on first release? Lemme know if you're looking for any testers!

All the Best!

Fair enough I suppose. Just trying to get a sense of how closely I should be following it. Do you think it's a few years down the line or closer to a few months?

Fair enough I suppose. Just trying to get a sense of how closely I should be following it. Do you think it's a few years down the line or closer to a few months?

No definite release date, but we are hoping to have a public beta for CMS out -hopefully- within the next few months. (note, that's hopefully, so don't hold me to it xD )

All depends on how long it takes to get some features done, and get some other things working properly.

Aiming to get things done as soon as possible, but yea, as Raptor said, when it's done :P

Seriously though, we are still doing some tests on things that previously worked in A2, and thanks to the PhysX implementation, doesn't flow properly as it should. We are getting feedback from the internal dev team and from a special group of pre-Alpha testers that know what areas we are focusing in on.

We'll sort through the issues, one at a time until we can push out a stable, dependable version to get more feedback from the general community. Thanks for your interest.

Be sure to visit www.csemod.com , register and make sure to follow us on there for more news as it becomes available.

I noticed those same PhysX issues while trying to port over arma 2 vehicles. Try bringing a tank to full speed then slamming the break, it's pretty entertaining lol.

I'll sure to register on your site. This is the type of mod I've been looking for. I can't for the life of me figure out why BIS wouldn't have systems like this in place. But as always, they create basic assets and let the modding community build the game for them. Great job!

As Raptor was saying, we do have a public forum for CSE and its modules (eg. CMS).

http://forums.csemod.com

Feel free to sign up!

I'll see about sending out a CSE forum mass email when we release the first public beta, so anyone signed up to the forums shall be the first to know about it :)

I see you guys have set a release area to be June/July, hows development coming along? Really looking forward to this awesome mod, should fill the gap left by Ace nicely.

I see you guys have set a release area to be June/July, hows development coming along? Really looking forward to this awesome mod, should fill the gap left by Ace nicely.

Yes, we are aiming for a first release around the end of this month or early July. More information on what this version will contain will follow shortly.

I will mention however that we have been succesfully running closed testing sessions in large scale MP environments for quite some time now. We have received feedback from our closed testers and are currently working on, besides other things, implementing said feedback.

Will the first release contain Combat Medical System and full user manual for it?

Will the first release contain Combat Medical System and full user manual for it?

The CMS module will indeed be present in this release. There will atleast be the basic documentation for this any other modules (the CMS wiki page contains a lot of information already). More advanced documentation will be available either on release or follow soon after.

Thank you. Does whole mod make use of stringtable.xml? If yes I could make Polish version if you give me permission and stringtable to edit it. Is it possible?

Wysłane z mojego Xperia Live with Walkman przy użyciu Tapatalka

In the past few months, things have been fairly quiet regarding Combat Space Enhancement (CSE)... However, we are pleased to announce that we will be releasing our first public alpha soon!

We are expecting to have the alpha released for all of you within the first half of July 2014, and will contain various modules and featues, including the Combat Medical System, Command and Control, and various others. Keep an eye out as we will be announcing other features and modules that we will be including in the weeks to come.

The release will be avaliable from our forums (forums).

For more information about CSE, visit our website!.

Thank you. Does whole mod make use of stringtable.xml? If yes I could make Polish version if you give me permission and stringtable to edit it. Is it possible?

Wysłane z mojego Xperia Live with Walkman przy użyciu Tapatalka

Apologies about the delay in response.

We do have stringtables, just at the moment they have not been implemented.

From memory, each module will have its own stringtable.

Once we do implement them, if we do not have a polish version, you are more then welcome to create one for us :)

The same goes for anyone else.

Once stringtables are implemented, if we are missing a language that you are fluent in, you can make a stringtable for it, and we will probably add it to the mod (and throw in a mention in the credits to whoever wrote it too).

Agree very much looking forward to this MOD

metoo!

Misc Modules Showcases

A little while ago we announced the upcoming public alpha release of CSE. Today, we show you some of the modules and features that will be part of this release through a short showcase video.

Please note that there will be other modules included in the release, and we will tell you about them over the following week.

In this module showcase video, you will see the following modules/features:

• Name Tags
  • Weapon Resting
  • Backblast
  • Wind Deflection
  • Adjustable NVGs

Name Tags

Name tags allow you to identify your friends in mutliplayer gameplay. The CSE Name tags module has been designed for large scale COOP sessions. The CSE version of name tags displays a tag above each units name that is on your side or that you have identified (this is a link with the advanced interaction modules). It does this for all the units within 7.5 meters of your position and will be transparent the further they are away from you (with 10m being 100% transparent).

When the player is directly looking at a person on your side or that is identified, it will also show a name tag above their heads that is less transparent. This works up to 20 meters of your position.

Task Force Arrowhead Radio support

The Name Tags module comes with building support for the TFAR modification. This means that whenever a player is speaking on their radio, a sound wave will be displayed above their heads, indicating this. An example is shown in the below picture, above Lt. Ellis' nametag.

SIJPfrz.jpg

Weapon Resting

This is a very simple module that lets the players rest their weapons or deploy bipods on objects and or the ground. It decreases recoil and stabalizes your weapon. When you deploy your weapon a soft click can be heard, indicating that the weapon is deployed/rested. If you move away, you undeploy/unrest your weapon and another soft click can be heard indicating you no longer have the weapon rested.

When the module is enabled, you can rest your weapon using either the self interaction menu (as demonstrated in the video) or the Weapon Resting keybinding.

Backblast

Firing an AT or AA launcher, creates a backblast. This will knock down anyone standing behind the launcher. It also has support for the CMS module.

Wind Deflection

In the current version, all weapons fired by a person will have their projectiles affected by the wind. With this module active, no longer can you fire your rifle without having to pay attention to the wind!

Night vision

This has been a much requested feature in some corners. This feature simply allows you to change the brightness of your night-vision goggles.

Please note that the contents of the video and the upcoming public alpha release are from an ALPHA version of the modification. This means that things may be incomplete, buggy or otherwise under development.

Edited by Glowbal

Looks awesome Glowbal, one suggestion for the weapon resting is some sort of indication that your weapon has been deployed, that could be done via a weapon sway like VTS weapon resting, or an on screen display, but then that is going to take away from the realism aspect if you want to keep the minimal HUD.

All of the other modules including the name tags look awesome, and I love the TFAR support.

Really looking forward to the CMS modules and the public alpha, which looks to be released very soon.

Keep up the awesome work guys.

--Edit--

Saw the other video of the weapon resting so disregard the weapon resting comment.

Edited by MarcusCunningham

German translation of Glowbal's post - guess he doesn't trust our language skills :D

Sonstige Module

Vor einer Weile haben wir einen Alpha Release für die Öffentlichkeit angekündigt. Heute zeigen wir euch in einem kurzen Video ein paar Module und Features die Teil dieses Alpha Releases sein werden.

Es werden natürlich auch andere Module in der Alpha veröffentlicht, die wir Euch im Laufe der Woche vorstellen werden.

Dieses Video zeigt die folgenden Features

• Namensschilder
  • Waffen auflegen
  • Rückstrahl
  • Windballistik
  • Verstellbare Nachtsichtgeräte

Namensschilder

Namensschilder erlauben es Euch, Eure Freunde im Multiplayer zu identifizieren. Das Namensschilder-Modul von CSE wurde für groß angelegte Coop-Missionen designet. Ein kleiner Tag mit dem Namen einer Einheit wird vor/über dieser angezeigt, sofern diese auf Eurer Seite kämpft oder über das Advanced Interaction Module identifiziert wurde (Zielperson, VIP, ...).

Der Name wird bis zu einer Reichweite von 7.5 Metern angezeigt, darüber hinaus wird es transparenter bis man ab 10m den Namen nicht mehr sieht.

Wenn Ihr direkt auf eine Person zielt, die auf Eurer Seite ist oder identifiziert wurde, wird ein Namensschild eingeblendet das leichter zu sehen ist. Dies funktioniert auf 20m Distanz.

Task Force Arrowhead Radio Unterstützung

Das Namensschilder-Modul unterstützt das TFAR-Mod. Wenn ein Spieler spricht wird über seinem Kopf ein Symbol angezeigt, wie im unteren Beispiel sichtbar:

SIJPfrz.jpg

Waffen auflegen

Mit diesem Modul könnt Ihr auf Objekten oder am Boden Eure Waffen auflegen / Klappbeine aufstellen. Dies erhöht die Stabilität der Waffe und verringert den Rückstoss.

Wenn Ihr eine Waffe auflegt/Klappbeine aufstellt signalisiert ein Klickgeräusch, dass dies geklappt hat, und ertönt erneut, wenn dies nicht mehr der Fall ist.

Sofern das Modul aktiviert ist könnt Ihr entweder über das Interaktionsmenü - wie im Video zu sehen - oder über eine hierfür belegte Taste Eure Waffen auflegen.

Tastenbelegungen erfolgen nebenbei erwähnt ingame.

Rückstrahl

AA- und AT-Waffen erzeugen mit diesem Modul einen Rückstrahlzone. Dieser wirft jeden um, der hinter der abgefeuerten Waffe steht.

In Kombination mit dem Verwundungsmodul von CSE wirkt sich dies auch spürbar auf Eure Gesundheit aus. Und so heißt es wieder: Rückstrahlzone freimachen!

Windballistik

Relativ selbsterklärend, die Flugbahn abgefeuerter Projektile wird mit diesem Modul vom Wind beeinflusst.

Verstellbare Nachtsichtgeräte

Wenn dieses Modul aktiv ist könnt Ihr die Helligkeit Eurer Nachtsichtgeräte einstellen.

Achtung: Die Inhalte dieses Videos und des kommenden Alpha-Release repräsentieren eine ALPHA-Version dieses Mods. Manche Dinge sind unvollständig, verbuggt oder noch in Entwicklung.

Good to see two great mods (This & AGM) going toe to toe no doubt each will make the other improve, for instance AGMs medical system isn't quite as robust as CSE's maybe AGM can draw inspiration from CSE and improve that.