Sign in to follow this  
glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement Modification

Good to know that this mod i still under development by that many good people.

I have one question tough: in our community (Arma Coop Corps) we used Combat Medical System for A2 in few missions. It is a very complex mod and thus it need good medical support, medevacs or medical tents, it needs to be taken into consideration of mission maker. But we cannot get that in all missions, sometimes we play as partisans or civilians and cannot carry 30kg of medical gear for everyone. Will there be an option to have more "simplified" medical system to use in mission making? Like in ACE 2 for A2, only few medical items, not problem to use them in all missions. I like complex mods but CMS is master at complexity :).

Waiting for answer, keep up good work!

PS. Oh and will there be weapon resting?

Good to know that this mod i still under development by that many good people.

I have one question tough: in our community (Arma Coop Corps) we used Combat Medical System for A2 in few missions. It is a very complex mod and thus it need good medical support, medevacs or medical tents, it needs to be taken into consideration of mission maker. But we cannot get that in all missions, sometimes we play as partisans or civilians and cannot carry 30kg of medical gear for everyone. Will there be an option to have more "simplified" medical system to use in mission making? Like in ACE 2 for A2, only few medical items, not problem to use them in all missions. I like complex mods but CMS is master at complexity :).

Waiting for answer, keep up good work!

PS. Oh and will there be weapon resting?

It is true that CMS for A2 is "master at complexity." That being said, almost everyone on the CSE team was fed up with this incorrect, misrepresentation that we as medics go through in real life. We were envisioning a system where there were consequences to "lone-wolfing" it or going Rambo by yourself into a cloud of lead bullets with no regards to the overall team effort.

A2CMS has a line that can be placed into the player's INIT line in the unit's editor so that the specific player can serve as any level of medical care practitioner. This way, you can do advanced medical procedures without having to wait for a physician.

As far as the style of gameplay of partisans or civilians goes, I can only imagine that just as in real life, you are at the mercy of getting your team mates back to a medical facility as fast as you can. For example, say you are a rebel fighter in some country's civil war, you and your small group of resistance fighters get caught out in the open, one of them takes a round or two in the torso. Even if you had received training as an advanced care giver, you still can't do every medical procedure out in the field. You would eventually need to get your friend back to some type of medical facility, vet hospital, or something to where you can get medical stuff that isn't readily available out in the field.

Long story short, we will take your question and talk about it and review what our other available options can/should be in CSE, but the focus is on a reality based system that may not play out to everyone's specific wishes. We are also still working on our medical manual and hopefully some voiced-tutorials to help break down different scenarios so that untrained medical players will be able to function without too much difficulty. Cheers.

A2CMS has a line that can be placed into the player's INIT line in the unit's editor so that the specific player can serve as any level of medical care practitioner. This way, you can do advanced medical procedures without having to wait for a physician.

And with TPS you can do anything. So if you have a community scripter, they can make it to the way you play.

Over the past few weeks, we have given the UI from CMS an overhaul. This video shows a work in progress version of CMS (Original post).

Over the past few weeks, we have given the UI from CMS an overhaul. This video shows a work in progress version of CMS (Original post).

My God... YES!

I think that using the word ACE in here is close to out-right cursing, lol. Not speaking for Glowbal, but ACE is totally separate from CSE.

Well I'm just saying. This looks pretty promesing. And I have had a really hard time playing Arma 3 without any of the functions of Ace. So if this sort of accomplishes the same that is great.

Well I'm just saying. This looks pretty promesing. And I have had a really hard time playing Arma 3 without any of the functions of Ace. So if this sort of accomplishes the same that is great.

We are working on features that will combine a lot of things into CSE so that it's a bit easier to just download one mod, as opposed to many, many to achieve our overall planned goals. Stay tuned, as we make more progress, we'll be posting more for you.

Nice...

Very slick, I'm liking this menu design over the A2 one for sure, much more intuitive.

Nice that it's taking away a bit more of your situation awareness/FOV too, as it should and is a bit easier to read text wise.

Hate to be that guy but how far along do you estimate your progress? and do you currently have anything else do you have in the works that you're willing to show off at the current time? or willing to expand on from the first post?

Hate to be that guy but how far along do you estimate your progress? and do you currently have anything else do you have in the works that you're willing to show off at the current time? or willing to expand on from the first post?

[insert soon with TM]

The logistics part will allow you to pick up ammoboxes (and very possibly other objects as well) and store them in vehicles. This is very likely going to happen on a physical basis (i.e. the boxes will be visible, other than various logistics scripts, where the boxes get moved away and exist only as a list item). Here's a screenshot of the ArmA 2 version (1.12MB).

The resupply part will basically be a big ammobox that gives out supplies, i.e. you can approach the box and fill a smaller ammobox with items for ammo resupply runs.

I'll put up a video of the unfinished Arma 2 version soon, so you get a better idea.

Would be absolutely incredible if this system worked like R3F.

Feature suggestion: Some sort of composition ability to "unpack" a FOB from boxes. Get X boxes (or one big cargo container) on site, engineer taps deploy, FOB builds like warfare dependent upon how many engineers on site. Then after composition deployed, ability to R3F style move around/pack assets for layout tweaking and asset grab and run.

Pseudocode:

Cargo container this addaction "Deploy small FOB" [FOBSmall] call CSELOG_Deploy.

CSELOG_Deploy =

{spawn composition, sleep - engineers on site, loop, complete}

Would be useful to have area at home base where one could place various cargo containers and "reload them".

this setvariable "fobsmall" if cargo container type small, medium, large

Just a rough idea, don't know if UI can be contextual=Cargo items ITEMS when tap FOB "Deploy" if FOB would be item instead of addaction in container. Eng could get fob menu and build if certian containers in area with items.

Really nice idea, but diving is an infiltration form, and the diver wont use chem lights, would give away their precious element of surprise, what divers use is a diving compass

^ Could be mine clearance diving or something, to mark mine locations. Or even searching for weapons stupid people have dropped in the sea. Not all diving is SF insertions mate! Haha.

^ Could be mine clearance diving or something, to mark mine locations. Or even searching for weapons stupid people have dropped in the sea. Not all diving is SF insertions mate! Haha.

True that

True that

Rescue divers, mine clearer was not expecting this form of thinking in a war game but...true that

All thought of guys. We're working on different modules that will eventually encompass many different aspects. I won't go into detail at the moment on each and every one, but suffice it to say, that we want to add many features that people have been asking for in the past. We hope to add an extra sense of realism, even the minute details so as to add to the immersion factor.

One, that I believe I can discuss, is the Enhanced Engineer module. We hope to implement suggestions such as the one from Zorrobyte offered above, and give the Engineer class more of a needed role.

Hang in there, we are honestly working on things everyday of the week, even if we don't post info or updates on here.

Things are progressing!

Anyway, we have a new video showing the CMS GUI.

Its similar to the other cms gui video, it just goes into a little more detail on the various parts.

On a side-note, if anyone is a scripter and wishes to assist with the development, contact Glowbal/Cage.

We are looking for people preferably with experience (or who can learn very fast), and people who are willing to contribute.

Cant wait to use AIM again! Had so much fun with it in Arma 2 MSO!

This mod is very nice, please continue this good work, i hope can use this mod in my comunity :)

I cant wait for this addon. Looks amazing. I been waiting for a system that is abit more advanced and you got to learn how to use it. I saw the video, I know it's still in Alpha, but is it gonna be created so it takes longer time to patch somebody up with bandange rather then five seconds. If not are you able to atleast make it configurable so it wont be done so quickly? Quick question, if you do something wrong will there be conqueses of your action such as if you give him to much of a medicine he might get a heart attack and so on?

Note: This were written quickly and contains alot of grammer mistakes and so on.

I cant wait for this addon. Looks amazing. I been waiting for a system that is abit more advanced and you got to learn how to use it. I saw the video, I know it's still in Alpha, but is it gonna be created so it takes longer time to patch somebody up with bandange rather then five seconds. If not are you able to atleast make it configurable so it wont be done so quickly? Quick question, if you do something wrong will there be conqueses of your action such as if you give him to much of a medicine he might get a heart attack and so on?

Note: This were written quickly and contains alot of grammer mistakes and so on.

At the moment the system behind the wounding etc is being re-written, however...

"is it gonna be created so it takes longer time to patch somebody up with bandange rather then five seconds" - at the current time, we are using the ARMA 3 animations afaik. Bandaging etc would thus take that long (although might look at ways to extend slightly), but remember, the person may have more wounds! you may need to do more then just one application of a bandage.

edit: dev team is considering adding in an optional time 'delay' setting for treatments at some point in the future :)

"if you do something wrong will there be conqueses of your action" - Yes! The system will track the status of the soldier, all the drugs etc have an effect on the system, and whatever you do will thus affect the system.

As Keiran responded, we are rewriting the system for wounds and such. I can't go into detail about the detail we are taking it to, but suffice it to say, that it will definitely take longer than five seconds. A medic will be able to monitor the effects of the drugs given, and he'll need to be cognoscente (aware) of the possible side effects.

I wish we could go into this more, but in efforts to keep some "trade secrets," we hope you will understand and we'll try to release some more videos with hints to what we're working on, as soon as possible.