Sign in to follow this  
glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement Modification

I know what you´re thinking: If VBS2 has it, ArmA3 should have it too, but BIS doesn´t think this way.. mind you that VBS1 had proper reload animations back in 2004, it took almost ten years to BIS bring it to ArmA series =P

;2513948']I know what you´re thinking: If VBS2 has it' date=' ArmA3 should have it too, but BIS doesn´t think this way.. mind you that VBS1 had proper reload animations back in 2004, it took almost ten years to BIS bring it to ArmA series =P[/quote']

No, I mean I understand why they would put it in VBS because it's meant to be a tool to train soldiers with; and simulate real combat situations, and Arma is only a "game" but I kinda hoped there'd be a crazy son of a bitch out there like me that would make a mod for it to show what war can really be like.

Yeah, and I would love to see it too (Infiltration had UT99 gibs on grenades, and Soldier of Fortune was a Headfrag fest, Dead Island was a gorefest, etc), games can have dismembering, thou it elevates the age rating, but the core problem is that to have someone to mod that, the engine should help him, but as it doesn´t have the animations nor the possibility of dismembering (VBS2 uses a highly modified and optimized ArmA1 engine, it´s not the same RV engine as ArmA3 or TOHR) so it would be an herculean job to do so... gosh, DayZ Standalone would be glorious if it had dismembering!

But I get what you´ve meant and I think the same way... at least this CSEM mod will bring some detail like ACE2 had for injuries and treatment! How I miss at least the ArmA2 vanilla damage consequences (if shot to the arm, the aim was botched, if shot to the leg, you would just crawl and nkeel, not even walk)

Kind of a grim question but... is dismemberment gonna be a feature?

No, it would be almost impossible currently model medical aspects around dismemberment and limb loss.

Hello! Great looking mod!

I heard you guys have a lot of testers but me and my group (ZA) would be happy to help out too if thats ok. We made and are currently using our own rudimentary revive and medical mod, but after seeing this we decided to we would wait for your one (and help out if possible)!

Thanks so much for making this mod and planning on making it available to everyone when when it's finished!

Great job guys, congratulations!

There is the possibility to have this mod?? Download link??

Thanks a lot guys!

I am hoping to get a first version out soon, even with only a few basic features. At the moment, I am still wrapping up some final things with some Arma 2 mods I am working on, however (CMS for example). So it may take some time, but it's getting there. Should be before the end of this year, if all goes well! :)

PS. Feel free to ignore the rabbits.

Thanks for your effort, Glowbal, lookin' great :)

Soooo.... is this gonna be something along the lines of A.C.E? Because everyone is saying they are developing A.C.E for Arma 3 right now but I havn't seen or heard anything about it yet.

Soooo.... is this gonna be something along the lines of A.C.E? Because everyone is saying they are developing A.C.E for Arma 3 right now but I havn't seen or heard anything about it yet.

I think that using the word ACE in here is close to out-right cursing, lol. Not speaking for Glowbal, but ACE is totally separate from CSE.

As for CMS and dismemberment:

Rye says: "No, it would be almost impossible currently model medical aspects around dismemberment and limb loss. "

Actually, the modeling of a missing limb wouldn't be hard, I'm just not sure how the engine is set up to handle things like this.

Agreeing with Rye in a way, if a person in game gets shot, and their limb is severed, there is no "realistic" way of healing the soldier either in the field, or at a field hospital. Therefore, on servers where mission makers disable Respawn, the player would be combat in-effective, and therefore out of the game play. So, the end result is, in a gaming environment, is it worth scripting all of the complexities of something that most people wouldn't be too happy about.

Another example, take Shack-Tac videos that I've watched. It seems as though they have Respawn disabled, and some of their missions last for a long period of time. My ability to stay alive and not get shot, is very dismal in ArmA 3, therefore, within the first few minutes, I'd be laying there with a limb missing, and would therefore have to just retire for the rest of the game while everyone else was playing through.

Edited by Raptor 6 Actual

I love it! Have we got an ETA on the Alpha or beta release of the Mod. I cannot wait to show it to my My MILSIM clan (2PARA)

Edited by Alexander James

I think that using the word ACE in here is close to out-right cursing, lol. Not speaking for Glowbal, but ACE is totally separate from CSE.

As for CMS and dismemberment:

Rye says: "No, it would be almost impossible currently model medical aspects around dismemberment and limb loss. "

Actually, the modeling of a missing limb wouldn't be hard, I'm just not sure how the engine is set up to handle things like this.

Agreeing with Rye in a way, if a person in game gets shot, and their limb is severed, there is no "realistic" way of healing the soldier either in the field, or at a field hospital. Therefore, on servers where mission makers disable Respawn, the player would be combat in-effective, and therefore out of the game play. So, the end result is, in a gaming environment, is it worth scripting all of the complexities of something that most people wouldn't be too happy about.

Another example, take Shack-Tac videos that I've watched. It seems as though they have Respawn disabled, and some of their missions last for a long period of time. My ability to stay alive and not get shot, is very dismal in ArmA 3, therefore, within the first few minutes, I'd be laying there with a limb missing, and would therefore have to just retire for the rest of the game while everyone else was playing through.

Might be getting a smidgeon off topic here, but I've found permanent death infinitely more enjoyable -- it helps the game trigger your fight-or-flight and fear of death reflexes. I mostly have experience with ArmA 1 multiplayer, though -- ARMA 2 just didn't have the right community for me (considerably higher hostility to "newbies" and a more elitist attitude), and I haven't even tested the waters of Arma 3 multiplayer since the single-player/sandbox experience is a lot more fun in Arma 3 than it was in the other two. But I love watching Kilroy's and Dslyexci's videos.

The problem with limb removal is a genuine one, however. If someone is Purple Hearted, they're not fighting again. They become a logistical burden on their comrades, which in reality is part of the duty of any soldier to his fellows -- as long as it has a pulse it's your buddy, not a body -- but in game we don't like to deal with the harsher realities of friends dying, especially when we know that the person on the other end of the terminal is alive and well, so there's absolutely no point to keep them alive other than "roleplay". If limbs aren't removed and there's a combat medical system in place that allows you to pull them back from the brink of death as long as they don't slip over the edge, then it remains enjoyable to die and heal. But if you can "die" without being dead, it's just a pointless waste of time.

Heck, for the grand first-person strategy mission I've been "ideas-guy-ing" and failing to work on, I've internal-monologued for a goodly portion of over an hour now on whether it'd be a good feature or a bad feature to require the player to order his fallen troops to be collected, body-bagged, and shipped back to the intangible home country or else they lose points, because while it scores very high on the realism and duty categories, it scores very low on the fun category. These are faceless AI and headless clients, not real people you need to give proper burials to.

I currently use DAPMAN's system. Love it. You can still die a large chunk of the time

so you don't feel invincible like some revive mods. Keeps that immersion "feel".

I would love to see a system where IF you cannot be revived (extreme trauma), then

there's an option that a teammate has to carry you back to a FOB/Medic Tent to

recover for X minutes. Just a thought.

I currently use DAPMAN's system. Love it. You can still die a large chunk of the time

so you don't feel invincible like some revive mods. Keeps that immersion "feel".

I would love to see a system where IF you cannot be revived (extreme trauma), then

there's an option that a teammate has to carry you back to a FOB/Medic Tent to

recover for X minutes. Just a thought.

Already been thought of, thanks.

As far as the Combat Medical System part of the CSE mod, it's still being worked on in A2. Glowbal and the rest of the CMS team have been spending countless hours trying to get everything in game, one system at a time, and making sure that the whole mod works together. After that time, the team is already planning and researching what all it will take to implement it into A3.

Might be getting a smidgeon off topic here, but I've found permanent death infinitely more enjoyable -- it helps the game trigger your fight-or-flight and fear of death reflexes. I mostly have experience with ArmA 1 multiplayer, though -- ARMA 2 just didn't have the right community for me (considerably higher hostility to "newbies" and a more elitist attitude), and I haven't even tested the waters of Arma 3 multiplayer since the single-player/sandbox experience is a lot more fun in Arma 3 than it was in the other two. But I love watching Kilroy's and Dslyexci's videos.

I agree to an extent, I hate it when almost any kind of injury will just wound you. But at the same time insta-death can really suck for long missions. I like to have some wounding/incapacitation, because wounded men slow a squad down so much that treating them becomes a huge part of squad movement.

The problem with limb removal is a genuine one, however. If someone is Purple Hearted, they're not fighting again. They become a logistical burden on their comrades, which in reality is part of the duty of any soldier to his fellows -- as long as it has a pulse it's your buddy, not a body -- but in game we don't like to deal with the harsher realities of friends dying, especially when we know that the person on the other end of the terminal is alive and well, so there's absolutely no point to keep them alive other than "roleplay". If limbs aren't removed and there's a combat medical system in place that allows you to pull them back from the brink of death as long as they don't slip over the edge, then it remains enjoyable to die and heal. But if you can "die" without being dead, it's just a pointless waste of time.

It's engine-side, script-side, gameplay-side, development-side. It's a grounded issue. There is very little flexibility around combat effectiveness in games, and therefore we have to fit within its limits and not outside of them. There's an unfortunate disconnect there with all games -- wound ballistics is tough to model, damage values are constantly tweaked but at the end of the day you're right, you can either end up respawned or magnificently worked on by a medic and pulled back to life. We've brainstormed where we could make it better in those terms but credible solutions are hard to come by. You would have to consult the hit detection and damage propagation systems in place within the engines limits; it has to modeled ready for an MP environment and associated server strains. If they could script it perfectly, they probably would. What we're doing is pushing the medic's boundaries - more towards reality, but within those limitations, not simply in a 'roleplay' usage but generally to see where we can push the medical aspect of ARMA. I personally have never seen such a modification push medical limits - both within CSE and CSM - I'm talking as simple as taking a blood pressure even, with adjusting values dependent on perfusion status and bleeding.

The logistics part will allow you to pick up ammoboxes (and very possibly other objects as well) and store them in vehicles. This is very likely going to happen on a physical basis (i.e. the boxes will be visible, other than various logistics scripts, where the boxes get moved away and exist only as a list item). Here's a screenshot of the ArmA 2 version (1.12MB).

The resupply part will basically be a big ammobox that gives out supplies, i.e. you can approach the box and fill a smaller ammobox with items for ammo resupply runs.

I'll put up a video of the unfinished Arma 2 version soon, so you get a better idea.

I hate to add to the infinite number of requests, but a good idea could be you could bring things like bunkers and other fortifications and the with a spade (Engineer class) you would unpack the supplies and start building. I'm pretty sure you could do this in Project reality, i never played it. You can pack bunkers in BTK logistics script which was cool but not realistic enough :) Also, is there vehicles in BAE

---------- Post added at 00:33 ---------- Previous post was at 00:22 ----------

Same :)

Any progress on this? We're very interested in a ration mod for when we make the switch to ARMA 3.

Combat Space Enhancement has started development shortly after release of the Alpha. Due to many reasons, half way through the BETA of A3 we decided to focus upon CMS A2 and leave CSE until it was released. Now with the release of CMS for A2 last month, myself and the CMS team have been working hard to reshape the project. Therefore I am glad to finally introduce you all to the expanded CSE Team and our new website.

Continue on the first page..

More media can be found on the first page or our webste

It really annoys me we still can't have leg animation (walking) while suspect is detained (handcuffs).

Someone wants to create a ticket?

It really annoys me we still can't have leg animation (walking) while suspect is detained (handcuffs).

Someone wants to create a ticket?

There's always a workaround. Maybe give the guy some roller skates?

that's a great news i'm tired of the arcade gameplay of arma 3 ;)

Great news! If you need any testing done Glowbal, don't hesitate to get in touch :)