Sign in to follow this  
glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement Modification

Combat Space Enhancement has started development shortly after release of the Alpha. Due to many reasons, half way through the BETA of A3 we decided to focus upon CMS A2 and leave CSE until it was released. Now with the release of CMS for A2 last month, myself and the CMS team have been working hard to reshape the project. Therefore I am glad to finally introduce you all to the expanded CSE Team and our new website.

New Website

We recently got ourselves a website. You can find all information about the CSE project, it's team and more.

http://csemod.com

Once the first version of CSE has been released, you will be able to find the API and various tutorials on there as well.

Media

All content shown is work in progress.

Development Team

The Development team has been expended with the CMS A2 team.

• Glowbal, Team Lead
  • Kieran
  • Rye
  • Aposky
  • Raptor 6 Actual

Plans

Our main efforts are to provide functionality in areas that have previously not gotten the attention we believe it deserves and implement features based upon real life while keeping gameplay value in mind. These areas are but not limited to: Medical Simulation, Engineering, Civilian Interaction.

These are the modules that will be focused upon for the first releases:

• Combat Medical System
  • Command and Control
  • Field Rations
  • Logistics
  • Advanced Interaction
  • Enhanced Engineering

As with CMS A2, we are also going to offer a third party support framework integrated in all our modules. This means that we provide various eventhandlers, hooks and functions that allow third party developers to create AddOns for CSE and it's components, without having to alter its original form.

Glowbal

Combat Space Enhancement

Team Lead

http://csemod.com

Edited by Glowbal

Excellent work so far! I'm looking forward to following this mod. Best of luck, this will be a great addition to the ArmA milsim community!

How cool is that!?!

Perhaps you can make Bandages atachments to the bodyparts?,like in VBS 2?

(excuse my english i am german!)

What does the logistics and resupply module include?

Looks awesome! Hope there will be a testrelease soon.

One question though: Are some of the features ajustable? Like the rations module, can it be deactivated?

Looks awesome! Hope there will be a testrelease soon.

One question though: Are some of the features ajustable? Like the rations module, can it be deactivated?

We're hoping to have everything (within reason) toggleable with modules in the mission editor - so, yes.

What does the logistics and resupply module include?

The logistics part will allow you to pick up ammoboxes (and very possibly other objects as well) and store them in vehicles. This is very likely going to happen on a physical basis (i.e. the boxes will be visible, other than various logistics scripts, where the boxes get moved away and exist only as a list item). Here's a screenshot of the ArmA 2 version (1.12MB).

The resupply part will basically be a big ammobox that gives out supplies, i.e. you can approach the box and fill a smaller ammobox with items for ammo resupply runs.

I'll put up a video of the unfinished Arma 2 version soon, so you get a better idea.

omg u copy ACE fuk u fuk u fuk u

Just kidding, looks pretty nice, models and textures look superb, and I don't think they're ported from Arma 2 either.

The logistics part will allow you to pick up ammoboxes (and very possibly other objects as well) and store them in vehicles. This is very likely going to happen on a physical basis (i.e. the boxes will be visible, other than various logistics scripts, where the boxes get moved away and exist only as a list item). Here's a screenshot of the ArmA 2 version (1.12MB).

The resupply part will basically be a big ammobox that gives out supplies, i.e. you can approach the box and fill a smaller ammobox with items for ammo resupply runs.

I'll put up a video of the unfinished Arma 2 version soon, so you get a better idea.

thanks for the clarification, looking forward to it.

Are all of these things going to be modules?

Where possible, yes. With additional parameters and options possible for some.

Currently the only exeption most likely is going to be the interaction menu (not shown yet), since other modules depend on that. Certain other things will most likely be accesable through settings.

Current set up is that all modules are disabled by default.

Looks amazing! You´re one of my favourites! I hope ACE will look like this/ use your work/ will praise you

I'll just ask what everyone else is thinking.

How is this any different from ACE?

I'll just ask what everyone else is thinking.

I'm not sure many other people were really concerned with that at all...

While working on the UAVs, I got another idea;

I suppose this can be justified, given the date. :p

Hopefully we will be able to show you more work in progress content/features later on this week.

A question about the first film if you don't mind: I take it that the multiple wounds to several different body parts reported, by a single gunshot are due to it being WIP?

Looks quite nice, looking forward to release.

A question about the first film if you don't mind: I take it that the multiple wounds to several different body parts reported, by a single gunshot are due to it being WIP?

Looks quite nice, looking forward to release.

Yes, it's still very much work in progress. Ideally,it would show a max of 2 wounds (entry and exit), I suppose.

How are the combat rations supposed to work? Assuming everyone eats breakfast before an op, won't we have to play for like eight hours before even getting hungry enough for it to matter?

How are the combat rations supposed to work? Assuming everyone eats breakfast before an op, won't we have to play for like eight hours before even getting hungry enough for it to matter?

Well there has to be a "hunger meter" which is also editable via an init line, so you can create more interisting scenarios. Especially Mission-Types like MSO with a presisent database will benefit from this.

We reckon there is room for more complexity in Arma - compare the medical systems and you will see what I mean.

That isn't to say there will be needless convolution - the idea of requiring the player to solve a sudoku puzzle before he could start the engines on the littlebird was unfortunately dismissed rather rapidly.

Disclaimer: this is my opinion and I am not on this occasion exercising my right to be infallible

the idea of requiring the player to solve a sudoku puzzle before he could start the engines on the littlebird was unfortunately dismissed rather rapidly.

That's a shame too. I personally LOVE the extra detail and object specific "intensity" if you will. It's too bad there's so many players out there that just want to jump in, take off, and get shot down...only to respawn and do it all over again with no sense of taking better precaution.

As with the Combat Medical System (now incorporated into CSE), the initial concept was to get people to "specialize" if you will in a particular role. I mean, if you're just around to run out, get shot and repeat, then maybe they should've gotten those other popular FPS shooter games.

That's a great thing about BIS' games; the fact that you can add or take away modules depending on the complexity the specific player is wanting.

I hope to see more in-depth stuff coming out of CSE....it is a MILITARY SIMULATION after all.

I agree Raptor 6, the more interesting non-combat jobs there are for people to do - the more immersion of a functioning military operation where people got lots to do and can easily become distracted from potential dangers while focused on micro-jobs, something we've always relied on AI to do for us.