Sign in to follow this  
nstalker

squad.xml only working on some servers

I am currently trying to set up a squad.xml and find it is working fine on some servers, but it will not load on ones my group hosts. I hope to get some help or insight as to why this is happening.

Thank you in advance.

I know that the Player ID changed in the DEV build. The Player ID is now a longer number than before have you updated all your player ID's?

Yes i did notice that, and changed it promptly, but the problem is that my xml works on some servers but not others.

Bump? I really do not want this thread to die, seeing as i have not been able to figure out why this is happening.

Richie... don't be condescending, and that isn't even remotely the same issue that I have. Please read the OP as i have stated that my issue is NOT the picture, rather it is the issue that mine works on some other servers, but WILL NOT work on servers we host.

PS i have found this thread and many others dating back to 2007 on xml issues, but none of these have a reference to the xml working intermittently.

I do have the same issue, what more, my arma 2 squad.xml does not work either. It looks very strange because nothing has been changed. You can try to host new internet game from your gaming PC , I did it and it works but when joining my dedicated server it does not work.

Edited by PawelKPL

On the servers where your squad.xml is not working, does any other player have a working squad.xml on that server? As far as I remember, there's a port that needs to be open on the server for squad.xml to work, and it's usually open by default, but sometimes it is blocked. If that is the problem you are having, only the server admin can fix it, and even that might not be possible depending on who hosts his server.

I do have dedicated server with remote desktop (it is not Virtual) I do have full control of machine (like my local PC). The thing is I have not changed anything with ports, firewall, etc. and It has stoped working in A3 and A2. I even disabled firewall and still not luck. I've never had problem with squad.xml until last week.

If the problem is only on your server then it's your server provider that you need to talk to, as they must be blocking something needed for squad.xml to work correctly.