Sign in to follow this  
mikie boy

[FOCK]ers Cache Hunt

[FOCK]ers TvT [COOP] Cache Hunt V.5

New Version Combined - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17725328/%5BFOCK%5D_TvT_COOP_CACHE_HUNT_05.Stratis.pbo

Update -

Combined the TVT game with the Option of having Automatic AI on West and East, in addition to the recruit AI GUI. Automatic AI will hunt for the Cache like human players.

This function can be turned off or ratio increased to 1:4

Server will control the amount of Ai in relation to the amount of playable units.

Fun to play on your own, chaos when theres loads of you and ratio set to 1:4.

Simple game mode -

Two sides - One town - multiple caches. A cache spawns per round in the small town, generally inside a building, both teams rush to secure the area and blow the cache before the other team. Simple.

[FOCK] AI RECRUITMENT (cheap and cheerful) - AI recruitment allows for more fighting in the town. Parameters at the start allow for turning the AI off or on. The amount recruited can be turned up or down, as well as the distance from the base for when the recruit option is available.

Default mode - A marker appears in town - offset within that marker is the selected building containing the cache - the marker generally covers several buildings.

PinPoint mode - A marker appears directly onto the Cache - full on race

No Marker - No markers - just search all around - suggest only having one or two rounds with this mode.

NOTE- CACHES CAN ONLY BE DESTROYED WITH SATCHELS OR CHARGES - THATS IT!

New restriction zones in place to stop AI and Players from wandering into the opposition side - took me ages to get this working but does the trick well.

Uses VAC Ammobox System - V0.7 with this download - Load on spawn not working - V0.5 was however - may place that back in later.

Built in compass at top of the screen showing constantly

Name identifiers when looking at a player in game and on the map screen - However this only works for same sides.

Videos (they are from an earlier version - things improved tenfold this these)

Initial setup

Cache Setup

Cache found and destroyed

Anyone fancy Playing - [FOCK] Server is up and running this game - We are still working on a few upgrades and randomization of things to keep the game interesting

Credits...

[FOCK] Mikie J - creator

[FOCK] Wolowizard - assisted with testing, scripting, and all the ace images and sounds as usual

[FOCK] Woody - tester as always

[FOCK] Chuck - Tester

ICEMAN77 - for the use of some of his HUD stuff :) + his timer script.

Tophe - Vehicle respawn - where would we be without it

Tonic - VAS system - nice job

Edited by Mikie boy

If anyone is Interested - have now created an [COOP] version.

This is at present for Dedi servers - works on Hosted, but need to remove additional sounds and testing hints

This is working but still in alpha stage. AI on the enemy side will search for the Caches spawned within the town. They will place demo charges and clear the area.

We have tested this various times, and on average we would win at a ratio of 1:2 . so its not a guarantee that you will win. The AI scripting needs an update and a few more human like movements to compete on a 1:1 win basis.

To do:

Have a parameter for AI amount versus human

Add an AI function for a town camper,

Add an AI function for a spawn camper,

Address the spawning control of AI. If players leave too many left behind.

Further address the grouping of AI at the IED placed

Any feed back would be welcomed.

DOWNLOAD [COOP] Version from https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17725328/FOCK_CACHEHUNT/%5BFOCK%5D_TvT_COOP_CACHE_HUNT_04E.Stratis.pbo

Edited by Mikie boy

Update - Combined both game types to Create one game - Have the options to have the Automatic AI in it to search for the Cache. This is for Both West and East sides.

Startup Parameters allow you to select the ration 1:1,1:2,1:3, or 1:4 - alternatively you can turn it off and just have human players fight it out.

The Server controls the amount of AI in the game - increasing and decreasing depending on the amount of human players in the game.

Works well - Only fault so far is if the cache box ends up on its side - then it wont blow - will correct this shortly.

Download Version 5 - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17725328/%5BFOCK%5D_TvT_COOP_CACHE_HUNT_05.Stratis.pbo

Will check it out we have the previous COOP version in our rotation

Awesome. Hopefully with the added level of coop and ai should be a good close quarters game. Let me know how u get on. Anyone else wants to try. Server is generally running it. Feel free to jump on.

I have to say, my squad and I love the mission. Great mission dynamics and love the AI interaction. My squad and I came up with a list of ideas that would be cool to see in future updates.

--Ranks (parameter option)

--Artillery strikes (option for squad leader with least 5 minute delay also enabled through parameter)

--Time of day/forecast (parameter)

--Time limit (parameter)

--Ratio (0:? where 0=ai on player side and ?= x#of ai)

larger scale

--more vehicle choices

--mobile headquarters (mhq)

--AI to use vehicles as well

--Spawn two random caches

We are looking forward to your mission progression and hope to see you all on the battlefield again!

cheers, mangled - Glad you liked it,

ive got the rank script sorted and the arty also done - just need to add them in correctly

Ill have a look at the time of day - night version would be a laugh.

We are working on a persistent database at the mo - using arma 2net and mysql - so may encompass it into that :)

ill see about the two caches - maybe an option. But ai scripting would take a bashing lol. Add def add more vehicle in the future.

cheers

Mike

Interesting game mode, I've never see something like this before that was playable against the AI and I like the concept alot.

Here's a little feedback for you...keeping in mind that I only played this alone on LAN against the AI only (no other human connections involved).

There might have been couple of small glitches such as:

1. Sometimes the match went on for 4 caches, even though it was set at 3.

2. Once it seemed the cache never spawned because I couldnt find it anywhere within the colored marker area...i checked and re-checked in every building, and even in a bunch of buildings outside the marker to no avail, then i got killed and upon respawning back at base I immediately heard the enemy AI blew it up...could never figure out what happened there. I played thru the mission 3 different times and this occurred only 1x so far.

3. Sometimes the enemy AI doesnt do too well at blowing up the cache...theyll sort of loiter around the house and go inside but they dont always blow it up...especially if we are shooting at them from outside the house 100m away. Not sure theres much you can do about that right now since the AI is not up to snuff yet in A3. Even so, when it works right they DO blow it up and that's alot of fun :-)...never seen someone make the AI interactive like that before...nice work!

Some things I'd like to see (dunno if you're interested in taking requests or not, but if you are, here are mine):

1. Adjustable AI skill in params menu (range from .10 to .90)

2.Random starting locations and random cache towns/areas around Stratis (use the whole map) Currently it seems this only works in that 1 Marina town and after finding the cache it usually respawns pretty close by again...this needs to be alot more random and varied to keep it interesting I think.

...love the concept though, please keep at it and keep it growing!

Edited by BigShot

Cheers BigShot. Glad you like the concept.

In relation to glitches...1. when someone blows up the cache and dies straight after they do not get the points - it was designed to stop people just blowing themselves up at the cache. Therefore it may have taken 4 cache to win.

2. Unfortunately I've had the same thing with the cache not being found. What i probably haven't explained anywhere is that it can appear on the bridges, steps of the levee, balconies of buildings, and porch areas. The AI would only run to the area where the cache is other wise it would crash - so unfortunately you have fallen foul of my poor explanation lol. My Bad.

3. I agree totally. lol. those frigging AI were a nightmare to get them to work on 100 per cent basis. But it may just be my poor programming. But i take you compliments for when they do work. Much appreciated.

As for your recommendations... Happy to do whatever people want in the game. We play it alot and the other day we have a 20 v 20 game with a ratio of 1:4 AI, it was mental, but a good laugh. Thus i understand the need to expand the area or shift it around the island.

1. I totally agree and will get that into the game

2. Random spawning is also being worked on and probably much needed. I was leaving the area to the east free to place neutral soldiers to have a TvTvT. but ill guess i can add that any time.

In relation to the whole map - still trying to come up with an idea on how to do that - ill happily take any suggestions or assistance for that matter.

I'm working on an upgrade version to include concepts mention by mangled, will chuck the above in.

Again thanks for the feed back. glad you enjoyed.

sounds good, Mikie...and we should be thanking YOU:bounce3:

Not sure what sort of ideas you're looking for in regards to using the whole map...do you mean because there are not enough buildings to hide cache in, or do you mean the scripting issues?

If you're referring to scripting problems then you can have a look at this mission here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150940-watch-crCTI-Kastenbier-Edition

It makes excellent use of random start points and randomly activated task areas on the entire map...perhaps you could learn something by examining those scripts.

If, however you are asking for ideas of how to get around the lack of buildings issue, yea...would have to think about that...but im sure once the larger Altis map gets released there will be lots of areas that would more easily fit this type of mission...Stratis is kinda difficult for sure...not much you can do with it since there's only 1 small town. Try leaving caches out in the open in well forested areas maybe...and use the camps....the gameplay might be a little different than the Marina area but im sure itll still be fun.

Don't be afraid to experiment...Stratis is only the testing ground for what is coming next with Altis...with Altis you will have a field day of it im sure!

Thanks Big shot, again much appreciated.

Not really scripting issues but more the concept of how to expand the game mode - i can move the small design around the map but im struggling with how that would be implemented on a larger scale.

Maybe i should try the whole map and see about getting AI to jump in vehicle etc and move to the towns - and the caches out in the open is not a bad idea. make use of places like camp maxwell...

Ill give it a go and see what i come up with - cheers again dude

well, you could make different starting locations and each of those would be near to a task area (like it is now...except that you'll have more towns/areas to play in)...in other words...have task area A in the North, task area B in the East, task area C in the South, etc, and each area could be about the same size as you have now with each task area having its own starting point nearby (startpoint A, startpoint B, startpoint C, etc.).

Then, in the params menu set it up so that the player can choose which portion of the map he feels like playing in (north, south, east, west portion of the island). Whichever one he chooses would be the only one to get initailized. So, if I choose to play in the North, for example, the mission would only initialize Task area "A" and Starting point "A".

...im sure you get the idea :-)...this way each time you play the mission you have the option of playing it in a different area of the map!

I would even expand on BigShots idea of different Task areas. You could set it up to randomly select a Task area from all those you setup. So once Task area "A" is completed, the server would randomly move to another Task area and it would continue to move around the map in this manner.

Ski

Mikie...I've been away a couple months and was wondering what's happening with this...are you planning on releasing a version which works with the beta, or have you decided to drop the idea?...just curious.

hey bigshot, i havent been around for a while either. This game is on the back burner at the moment - waiting for all the bits to be ironed out before i plod on with this.

In the meantime ive been making an XCOM style game with a persistent database - using ALIENZ mod for arma 2. Its coming along nicely... Also been using mysqlplugin with A3 - so i may use it to expand this game mod...

I have finally got around to working on the map. It is now available on Altis and includes a "time of day" parameter. You can download it from here.

Edited by Mangled