nilizum

How are the mouse controls in Arma 3?

Is there forced negative acceleration?

Is there forced positive acceleration?

Can I fine-tune my mouse sensitivity via decimal format (if not in-game, by a config)?

no acceleration if you set smooting to 0 ingame. the mouse sensitivity can be changed with a slider ingame or in the profile file in the arma3alpha folder in documents.

I have an alpha key left if ypu would like to give it a try. PM me if with your steam name if you want it. Also I will not be home for a few hours so it will be later this evening

I played arma 3 lite and it definitely had strong negative acceleration... any way to turn off?

Does arma 3 alpha have this issue?

Default mouse movement has no acceleration that I can tell, but the freelook has a lot of negative acceleration as well as lots of smoothing.

Yea I give up on this game... Same issues as in Arma II... X and Y axis different sensitivities, forced negative acceleration... Zzzz 2013 and still neglecting raw input =/

• Like 1

Did you switch on aiming deadzone? If you did, switch it off.

Now that you say it, I have a little bit deadzone around the center. I think the negative accel may come from it, but the higher mouse sensitivity (compared to the default) was there without deadzone as well and the horrible intense mouse smoothing, too.

Yea I give up on this game... Same issues as in Arma II... X and Y axis different sensitivities, forced negative acceleration... Zzzz 2013 and still neglecting raw input =/

It's still an alpha, so I reserve my opinion and think the game is good basically, but I just think that there are things that BIS will simply never get right. Either they lack the understanding, or certain things are of lesser priority for them (making games is not easy after all), but a tactical/realistic game I am waiting for will prioritize other things, such as a movement and shooting system that feels like second nature. ArmA3 will be a great game, but my wait for THE tac-sim will continue.

Most likely they lack the understanding. I remember in the Far Cry 3 forum, people were complaining about negative mouse accel, and one of the DEVELOPERS asked what negative mouse acceleration was... My god... -_-

It seriously isn't that fucking hard to have a mouse aim without all that stupid accel shit, because really, the DEFAULT CODE for mouse input is WITHOUT all of that crap! They just decide to add that in for some dumb reason, or if it's a console port, they leave the negative accel code from joystick settings and it gets inherited by the PC due to laziness. GGNORE

As stupid as this might sound,make sure you don't have your mouse controlling the TURN LEFT/TURN RIGHT functions.I read on these forums that if you set mouse to TURN LEFT/TURN RIGHT it makes aiming deadzone work much better.I put it in and forgot about it.I was wondering why the hell is the X axis so sensitive and Y axis is dulled out.Removed it and feel of weapons is great now.

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Also,get a good mouse that feels comfortable in your hand and has adjustable DPI.Leave the in game mouse sensitivity settings alone and just start adding DPI starting at 400.I went up and down from 200 to 1200 and settled on 600dpi for a smooth precise experience.Without this smooth precision Arma3 feels terrible but with its a masterpiece and its only in Alpha.:bounce3:

might be the lite version

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150213-Wrong-mouse-acceleration-in-Alpha-Lite

I assure you there is no mouse acceleration in the arma3 alpha if you turn it off.

I tested it by moving my mouse agianst the keyboard, so it couldn't move further left, then moved the mouse right very fast, then moving it back slowly, was back in the same spot.

I use markC mousefix to kill windows mouse acceleration by the way, so no way to know if "raw" works properly.

anyway, I dont think accelerations are that important in this game, framerates are often at about 30, making quick aim hard even without acceleration.

Edited by Leon86

I don't have issues with the normal mouse movement in ArmA3, never had, but the freelook still has bad performance.

Everytime I drive a plane or helo, I have to invert the y axis.

There should be an option to only invert the y axis of air vehicles.

There is kind off, you can rebind the keys and mouse movements for aircraft and vehicles individually. So just change the command for e.g. nose up to MOUSE UP/DOWN in the control settings.

It's very smooth, much better than ArmA 2. Anyone bitching about not being able to 360noscope need to try jerking a real gun around or turn up their sensitivity. I've no problems with putting my crosshair on a target and at least now small adjustments don't cause 3D "real" sights and optics to shudder and jerk.

Also, if you think the aiming is shit but never bothered to look at the settings, that's your fault.

Everytime I drive a plane or helo, I have to invert the y axis.

Oh nice, thanks!

Never thought about that.

For what it's worth, it seems like there was an overall infantry movement speed nerf (the already-declared sprint nerf finally happened, but it seems like tactical pace and muzzle-lowered run/jog were also slowed down?) in dev build 0.53.103923, although speed of weapon handling seems similar to prior builds.

As for the Speedboat Minigun in said dev build, the GMG seems to actually track/move faster when using third-person or full-screen "MFD" view instead of the picture-in-picture/render-to-texture "MFD" view, but overall the speedboat weapons seem to have a feeling of "Arma 2-style" negative mouse acceleration, though considering that they're turrets I'm not so surprised.

Do you remember what turning/weapon movement/aiming (with deadzone disabled) in Arma 2 felt like? Imagine that as far as what the Speedboat Minigun aiming (for the GMG and the Minigun) feel like, though thankfully the Arma 3 infantry weapons aiming doesn't feel like that.

What is negative acceleration ?

Simply the faster you move your mouse the less your character moves. For example turning 180 you need to move the mouse 3cm slowly but it takes 5cm fast. Arma 2 has this and you can't turn it off.

It was a physics joke. Because you can't have negative acceleration unless you define a direction.

as someone that really struggled with arma2s mouse feeling for a long time, i got to say, it was all configurable eventually, biggest problem for me in arma2 was the mouselag, wich had to be removed by cfg tweaking... no such thing in arma3 right from the start.

Pretty sure "negative acceleration" or turn rate cap is a realism feature. You can't do the typical first-person shooter light speed piruettes IRL, the centrifugal force would rip your arms off.