Sign in to follow this  
byrgesen

CO 02 Operation Million Dollar Shot - Sniper/Spotter Practice [Stabile Branch]

Hey people.

Heres another mission i made. Its quite simple but still gives a good challenge for people wanting to improve sniper/spotter skills.

So have a look and download if it sounds interesting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arma III Alpha [stabile Branch v.052.103507] Mission

Mission Name:

Operation Million Dollar Shot

Current Version:

v.1.2

Changelog v.1.2 - 8 April 2013:

- Added new text at start

- Added more AI to the woods

- Added fancy complete/fail animation

Changelog v.1.1 - 30 March 2013:

- Added a group trigger, you need all players to finish mission now

- Locked all vehicles, as they werent placed to be used by players, use your sneaking skills XD

- Added % spawn chance to some of the AI, to make it more dynamic

- Added ammoboxes to F.O.B Delta, use if needed

- Reduced the AI chatter range (information sharing)

Changelog v.1.0 - 29 March 2013 (release):

- First release of this mission

Mission Features:

COOP - 1-2 Players - Sniper/Spotter practice

14:40 - 25. August 2035

NO Respawn

UPS script

TAW script

FHQ TaskTracer

Objectives:

1 - Kill Salvatore Vitale

2 - Exfiltrate

Prelouge:

Blue Shadow Reckon Squad have been on Stratis for over 3 weeks now, in search of Salvatore Vitale. About 4 days ago you recieved intel about his possible where abouts. Currently you are in F.O.B Delta, getting ready for the mission. The militia is known for using a civi/mili clothes combo, but Salvatore is not scared of showing his dominance, and is known for his military gear affection.

Operation Million Dollar Shot Plot

Intel indicates Salvatore Vitale is in Agia Marina. He is gathering up his Militia, for reason yet to be discovered, and Blue Shadow's assignment is simply to take him out and escape the island afterwards. Avoid killing as many enimies as possible, as it could result in more conflicts on Stratis, we only need to take out the Militia Leader. When he is eliminated it is vital for Blue Shadow to get off the island quickly, to keep the enemy in the shadows.

Credits:

Author - Byrgesen

Thanks to:

Kronzky - UPS script

Magirot - Randomize Script

D34 - Loading Image

Tonic-_- - TAW View Distance Script

Varanon - FHQ TaskTracer

BI - For releasing this amazing series :D

armaholic_download_zps23ce6bd5.png

rsz_dropbox-logo_zpsd30608e4.jpg

***TODO LIST***

- Listen to feedback. I need some inspiration and im open for ideas, as long as you point me in the right direction ;)

***KNOWN ISSUES***

- AI might get trapped in buildings, because of the whole "cant open doors" update

- no_sound error, due to added text at mission start (wont affect gameplay, but wont go away till the funtions works proberly)

Edited by Byrgesen
New update

Hi, I just played thought your mission as I liked the sound of it and thought i would give you some feedback.

As I played it single player I left the 2nd AI guy at the base and just went solo.

First of all the AI in the game at the moment is pretty lacking and their accuracy seems to be pretty shocking, they also have a habit of opening up on you when something is in the way and they don't have a clear shot. Admittedly not your fault but it does detract a bit from the mission.

Somethings I would like to see changed...

My character seems to spot things and then proceed to give me an incorrect audio location to there whereabouts forcing me to open the map and actually see where they are. The whole thing needs to be removed, the game should not bring my attention to the enemy I should have to find them myself, it is spotter and sniper practice after all. This alone would add to the difficulty quite considerably and make up for the suspect AI.

I only ran thought it twice, but the travel time to the mission and the exfiltration point seem a bit rather a bit too far for my tastes something like this should be quite hard and require a lot of retries, keeping the travel time to a minimum would be for the best if that is the route you take with it. My completion time was 23mins a good 5-8 mins of that was driving close to the town, walking into it, then walking to the exfil site.

Both people if alive should have to make it to the exfil site, as long as I made it there the mission ended even tho my buddy was miles away.

It's quite fun and I enjoyed playing it, however, when I played it degenerated into CQC fighting as I swept though the town looking for the guy, if you get on a hill the AI seems to see you from miles away and just opens up on you with more and more AI joining in as time goes on. The CQC method seems to be the most effective which I don't think is what you were really aiming for.

Just another question what does the score represent at the end?

Making this night time only being given a suppressed pistol, seems like it would be more fitting to the area and play style that it encourages.

Thx mate :)

First of all, radio chatter and all that is because of your difficulty level. Same with accuracy of AI, go to Elite and they have near 100% accuracy :) and you wont spot them automaticly through radio :) Thats just a matter of changing the difficulty lvl.

And the opening up on you with no clear line of fire, i believe to be suppression fire :) But the AI does indeed need work.

When i played it with a friend on Elite, there was no radio chatter and the AI had ultra aiming skills hehe. You need to really sneak to higher ground here.

My whole point was for you to spend 15-25 mins sneaking to the town and finding the right spot to wait for the right time to fire, with your spotter by your side heh :) Sure i placed vehicles, but i might end up locking them heh, they were for RP sake tbh.

Thx for your feedback though mate, thats what i need and i deff need to make it so both people need to be there to finish, if alive.

As for score, no clue. BI recently added a new scenenario ending screen, so not really sure what it does yet :)

But i made this mission so people could improve theyre sneaking/spotting/sniping skills in daylight, i wont make it night as theres no NV scopes yet, so you cant really snipe at night yet.

So maybe you should try it again with a friend on a higher difficulty and not use vehicles :) Will look into the "both people needed to end" thing, thx for feedback and possible lock the vehicles for players.

Byrg

EDIT:

Just updated with some of the changes you mention :) Use dropbox till ArmaHolic gets updated.

Edited by Byrgesen