Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

Samaels Table - small addon made by my 6 year old son

Awesome job Sam! You've already surpassed me in modding skills. Keep it up, one day you could be a game designer.

This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen! It really has a personality of its own; he should be very proud of it. :)

Omg...I am 20 and i dont know how to make one leg of the table...XD and Samael did the complete table...great job..Samael (and Myke you are great instructor)

realy nice job..keep it going :D

I have downloaded Samaels table but it seems to be hiding, any clue as to where to find it..:)

Hey Sam,

wow that looks pretty nice! I think with your dad you have the right man at your side, but this looks pretty amazing already ;) Hope to see more addons made by you soon and who knows, maybe one day your dad will learn something from you, heh? :)

@Myke

Nice to see someone really explaining things to their kids and even help them to be creative in any way. Hope this will work out for you guys, a farther/son production, hehe.

LJ

I have to admit that this is a little bit scary. Where does this all end? Kotaku picked the story up aswell: http://kotaku.com/a-six-year-old-is-modding-arma-ii-and-he-made-this-tab-463918049

If you would have told me before that 2 major gaming sites will jump on this addon, i would have laughed at you. But now i'm somewhat of scared and proud.

This story is the best example why i do love this community so much. There is a family atmosphere around that i don't think can be found in other communities. A rather simple addon gets a lot of so positive comments where i think in other comminities would just have brought a "WTF? Go to the Kindergarten with this s**t".

Honestly, i love you all guys (platonic, ofc) you're the greatest community (and Developer) in the world.

Oh, f***, nearly start crying. ;)

:EDITH:

I have downloaded Samaels table but it seems to be hiding, any clue as to where to find it..

Should be under Empty -> Objects

Edited by [FRL]Myke

I found the table, its really nice, seems to have a picture of a face on it, thats good, shows a talent for carpentry and art.

Well done Sam, its a great addon..:)

Nice table, for it features something new and different then the standard Chernarus map drawn over it! Well done Samael! :)

Myke;2360256']This story is the best example why i do love this community so much. There is a family atmosphere around that i don't think can be found in other communities. A rather simple addon gets a lot of so positive comments where i think in other communities would just have brought a "WTF? Go to the Kindergarten with this s**t".

Honestly' date=' i love you all guys (platonic, ofc) you're the greatest community (and Developer) in the world.

Oh, f***, nearly start crying. [/quote']

Amen!

LJ

Congrats on your first release Samael :D

Myke;2360256']I have to admit that this is a little bit scary. Where does this all end? Kotaku picked the story up aswell: http://kotaku.com/a-six-year-old-is-modding-arma-ii-and-he-made-this-tab-463918049

If you would have told me before that 2 major gaming sites will jump on this addon' date=' i would have laughed at you. But now i'm somewhat of scared and proud.

This story is the best example why i do love this community so much. There is a family atmosphere around that i don't think can be found in other communities. A rather simple addon gets a lot of so positive comments where i think in other comminities would just have brought a "WTF? Go to the Kindergarten with this s**t".

Honestly, i love you all guys (platonic, ofc) you're the greatest community (and Developer) in the world.

Oh, f***, nearly start crying. ;)

[/quote']

Yeah we love you too :o

Heh, this really cheered me up after weeks of being ill. Congrats to Samael & Myke :)

I think I might have thought of a role for the table in my very-slowly-progressing Podagorsk campaign!

Cheers

Orc

Looking forward to seeing what you can do next :D

Looking forward to seeing what you can do next :D

Another Table. :D

samaels_table2_1.jpg

samaels_table2_2.jpg

Sam was/is very proud of the feedback he got for his first table and was very eager to create another one. To be honest, i wasn't sure if we should publish it as i don't want to overstress your patience and goodwill. But good luck to explain this to a 6 year old enthusiastic boy. ;)

So, while the first table was more to get the very basics, this time we dived more into the details. The shape has become more complex and also the normal mapping has got more attention. The shape finding and ideas on how it should look like was a close cooperation between us both, each of us throwing ideas in the pot and see what works and what not. But Sam always had the final word. Personnally i would have prefered a 8-edged table but Sam insisted on a 7-edged.

Also this time, Sam wrote the additinal config stuff by himself, learning the mighty ctrl+c/ctrl+v magic. :D

So here it is: Samaels Table 2

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9367994/sam_tisch.7z

Enjoy. :bounce3:

:EDITH:

Forgot to say: this pbo replaces the previous as it contains both tables.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Hello there

Superb stuff, Ive been a member here for longer than Sam's been alive and I've never managed to get anything in game.

Get him to make a mission with the tables in!

Rgds

LoK