Sign in to follow this  
johnsm

ARMA 2 reporting IP to the gamespy

I had this issue every time the server was behind firewall, searched web found tons of treads about this with no resolution!

Current server runs in DMZ behind cisco firewall with open ports.

Server "103419 " shows in Game spy list with ping 2500, and also accessible for everyone.

I had ran packet sniffers and found one packet that is transmitting internal ip of the system to game spy server "IN DATA", seems like its always sending from 2302 to 27900 UDP

This is not the problem with Firewall as Firewall changes header Source ip and Destination, it does not touch data portion!

Capture-1.png

Could we add some option to be able to specify which ip the server will report to game spy

Why does it have to be such a immense pain in the butt to host a freaking server, BI, take the initiative and don't just ignore your customers after they've purchased your shit like blizzard, it's directly shameful that this issue hasn't been explained or fixed yet!

what about use commandline parameter?

-ip=external IP

?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters#Server_Options

thank you for reply sir,

when i set the ip to external

-name=Warfare
-profiles=Warfare
-cfg=Warfare\basic.cfg
-config=Warfare\config.cfg
-ip=67.171.7.139
-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

Server says

Server creation failed

Cannot start host on port 2302, tried other ports same thing.

BTW: ARMA 3 has exactly same issue, not just on our server!

Edited by johnsm

i'm nto sure if -ip or -port are supported by parameter config

i'm nto sure if -ip or -port are supported by parameter config

i tired both ways,

i have created virtual network nic on a system with external ip just so arma server would start, but it inst visible any where even from lan.

i tired both ways,

i have created virtual network nic on a system with external ip just so arma server would start, but it inst visible any where even from lan.

Dwarden, can you make a parameter in which we could alter the ip or the server which gets passed to gamespy? Right now on all arma 2 and arma 3 servers that are behind NAT they pass there internal ip to gamespy, that is why ping shows 2500 in game browser.