Sign in to follow this  
Alwarren

More assets in Alpha

Hi.

I'd really like to ask the devs to put a few more assets into the next update(s). What I mean by that is things like static defense weapons (M2 tripod, KORD/DShKM), a bigger infantry carrier (ideally a truck and APC), and a real sniper unit plus optic, plus a few "camp building" assets like tents. The reason for this is that it becomes increasingly difficult to come up with mission ideas with so limited assets as it is now, and there is only so many times that Mike-26 can be assaulted without it getting boring.

I know that the focus of the Alpha at this stage should be infantry, but adding these assets would not take that away but only augment it.

Ideally, there would be

• Some static defense (Stationary machine guns)
  • Ground infantry carrier (truck and APC/IFV)
  • Air infantry carrier (Black Hawk quality chopper)
  • More weapon variety. Especially sniper scopes and Night Vision scopes are missing right now.
  • The SDV's from the earlier showcases
  • Tents, medical tent, placeable quick-deployment containers, etc.

Thanks for your consideration :)

Its an ALPHA. In my own opinion, you want all the basics to work first ... once the basics work, then is the time to add eye candy.

I want a real sniper.

I really want to see how the AI reacts to sniper fire in Arma 3...

I agree with everything in this thread. I'd like to see some more assets as well. I think a large part of Arma infantry is how emergent things can be.

It was only a few weeks ago that in a multiplayer coop mission we managed to steal an ifrit and have a squad member drive it while the rest of us used it as portable cover to escape enemy fire and complete the mission. That's an example of "augmentation" of the infantry play, as OP mentioned.

I would also like to see some new things added to future updates, I don't even mind what it is exactly. I would just like to have some new stuff is all. If BI can't provide it's okay, I am fine with regular updates that make the game smoother! :)

Alpha- testing new things, making sure everything works

Beta, more content, making sure that content works and last effort to search for bugs, stress tests and so on.

I agree with the developers on there approach with the current alpha build, but to fully test the infantry gameplay for bugs, we really need a NV Scope added to the game, so that we can test out night ops, as every server seems to be set during the day.

Beta, more content, making sure that content works and last effort to search for bugs, stress tests and so on.

This.

More content will be added to Beta.

I heard that there may be more weapons added later on in the Alpha stage... is this confirmed? or just rumours?

Agree with OP. I know it's in Alpha, but seriously, you won't get much tested if people start leaving it for Arma 2 because they're so tired of doing nothing but the same old air assaults and walking everywhere. There are cars in, but it'd really be better if they'd been APCs instead, because during all the missions my clan has played so far, cars have been so badly suited for anything that they've only been used for one leg of the journey and then dumped.

Alpha: Testing new things and concepts, which is difficult without enough assets to actually do something.

Beta isn't more content. Beta is ALL features implemented and remaining work is bugfixing. Alpha or Beta does not have anything to do with the amount of content.

The point is: If Alpha is supposed to test concepts and all, then there has to be enough assets to actually do the testing.

Call me a weirdo, but I don't want anymore content. I don't want to "spoil" too much of arma3 by getting lots of cool stuff early. I like getting a new AAA release and having lots of new stuff to play with. I think we have quite a lot in the Alpha at the moment. I also like the game play created by the limited assets we have now, I am still only really getting used to it all.

Call me a weirdo, but I don't want anymore content. I don't want to "spoil" too much of arma3 by getting lots of cool stuff early. I like getting a new AAA release and having lots of new stuff to play with. I think we have quite a lot in the Alpha at the moment. I also like the game play created by the limited assets we have now, I am still only really getting used to it all.

Well, we could have both, like a few chosen things introduced progressively through alpha patches, to keep the interest of the testers, then the main big things in the beta.

Nobody of you guys watches the offical videos, right? :p

Skip to 3:45

Edit:

Alpha; "Simple content updates and fixes"

There you have it, more content will already be added to the Alpha...

Edited by ElPresidente

Don't understand? I've seen it before, it's some vehicles. For all we know they could be ages from done, or introduced for that matter.

I do understand what "Alpha" means, but what good is it if the missions are bland? A bit more content can't hurt, and will only result more people playing it. Unless, of course, you are only into deathmatch stuff, but I am a co-op player, and I find it difficult to make interesting missions with the little there is.

I am not asking for extravaganza, just a few basic additions to make missions more interesting.

And please skip the lecturing.

Well i will agree with OP.

But its also very hard to imagine BI not releasing new content for an Alpha.

Although i think your a little to fast, it hasnt even been a month yet and the main concern so far seems to have been to improve stability, and provide minor bug fixes for the testers.

It could be a long time before we see some big additions of content really, we dont know how BI want to work with the Alpha, but i have hopes like you :)

Any ETA on the Beta version?

-_-

Either your very bad at trolling or you completely missed the last couple of weeks oO

BI has a release plan based on their development schedule. You'll get moar content when you get it :)

Closing.