GalComT

German Armed Forces Mod

GalComT and Tasmanian, have you consulted with mankyle re: PhysX/GEO LODs for the warships?

Some of these models are great, really looking forward to this mod. Are there any more updates at all ?

I read that they stopped their work on this mod. Or maybe they stopped only the work on a public version of this mod

This Thread is pretty much dead.. i doubt we will see any news anytime soon, mainly due the lack of official tools.

This Thread is pretty much dead.. i doubt we will see any news anytime soon, mainly due the lack of official tools.

BISIM = dead for public use.

Operation Lacerta i´m still waiting for you :D

We are still alive, but since free time to work on the mod is rare, the work on the GAF-Mod only proceeds slowly. However here is a tiny lil update on the opfor Navy, the Tarantul 1RÄ....

8huy2bfq1rt.jpg

3wa41r6emww.jpg

fysu1burea9b.jpg

• Like 1

nice to read that maverick works on his ships... and this looks great !! :)

but sorry about this direct question : i thought GalcomT isn't at GAF anymore... i remember a hot discussion last year after the leak... and in a post from march this year GalcomT say, (free, short translate to english) "... the community don't change, i don't like to give my models into their..." !!

Ich verstehe und weiß das wir vieleicht ungrechterweise alle über einen kamm scheren auf grund von ein par wenigen die meinen sich nicht an die regeln halten zu müssen, sollange diese personen gruppe allerdings noch immer einen nährboden in der deutschen community findet sehe ich das Problem noch nicht bereinigt, da ich meine addons nur extremst ungern in eine community abgebe in der grundlegende regeln nicht eingehalten werden.

Link TF141 Forum

sorry also for this question : how is your "policy" about your stuff ?? is there a real mod that would be prepared for release and updated here at BIF or are you using this forum further only to preview "cool internal stuff that only is used internal" ??

Grundlegend und vorneweg ist zu sagen, dass das GAF-Team die Arbeiten an der Modifikation zur Zeit eingestellt hat. Ob das Projekt weiter fortgesetzt und/oder veröffentlicht wird, vermag ich zu diesem Zeitpunkt nicht zu sagen. 

Link TF141 Forum

why Ben@Arms told here few weeks ago, that basically (!!!) all works on GAF are stopped ?? Is Maverick the only one who build actually on GAF (especially on naval vehicles), after GalcomT is lost ?? questions over questions... :rolleyes:

i think, we never get any GAF models that are build by GalcomT... maybe Maverick have an other mind... i hope so, his ships are wounderfull !! :)

Greetz, P.

hi phantom,

I am very much still working on the GAF mod. Maverick and I have been working on it none stop, however we have decided not to show a lot of WIP shots anymore as that only leads to wild yelling and screaming (at least it has in the past). Ben@Arms is not and was never a member of the GAF Team, and i do not know where he got his information from that the development has stoped. I dont want to start another discussion here so please dont broadcast rumors and please dont discuss mod policy here (if you wish to do so you can send me a PM and we can dsicuss it in private). The only people who realy know what the status of GAF is, is Maverick and I :) feel free to PM us if you have any questions.

cheers,

GalComT

Hi GalcomT

thanks for information, it's nice to read that you are still working !! ask ben, why he broadcast wrong informations in your public forum if he isn't updated or allowed !! ;)

but no discussion over your policy is needed, you say you work on GAF anymore and we all believe that you really release this sometime !!

thanks again for this great information !! :)

Greetz, P.

So what is the status of GAF Mod?

this is a great mod, especially with the mercedes class G and the Unimog^^

@GalComT:

That's very good news. Thank you for keeping us up to date and continuing your work. I always liked GAF mod in ArmA 2 and used it for a lot of missions. I created some german based stuff on my own but it will never reach the quality of yours :D So please keep going :D

this is a great mod, especially with the mercedes class G and the Unimog^^

Superquote! I love Mercedes, can't wait to going around Altis driving a G :yay:

We are still alive, but since free time to work on the mod is rare, the work on the GAF-Mod only proceeds slowly. However here is a tiny lil update on the opfor Navy, the Tarantul 1RÄ....

And why zur Hölle a NVA Boat? It is nice that you still work on this Projekt, but please explain a little bit about the Story behind GAF...

@KidDynamite: I guess that it is because Maverick simply had fun and the pleasure to build this ship. ;) ... btw. good work it looks very good! ;D

And why zur Hölle a NVA Boat? It is nice that you still work on this Projekt, but please explain a little bit about the Story behind GAF...
Funny thing is, one of that class actually did have a brief period of (nominal) service in the Bundesmarine/Deutsche Marine, it's just not the one whose pennant number is in the screenshots. (That one, Hans Beimler, is moored at the Peenemünde Historical and Technical Museum/Historisch-technisches Museum Peenemünde and
.)

:icon_dj: will the ship have realisitc weapons ?

@KidDynamite

Russen Schiffe sind einfach mal geiler ^_^

I'm guessing that IF the limitations described here still exist in the engine in such a way that not even new BI Tools could completely overcome them, then the Tarantul-class' length may have been a factor for our GAF modders, as fortunately and conveniently its length of 56 meters fits within that 50 to 60 meter range. (The importance of being within the absolute limit, according to the same RKSL-Rock: "it can be a single model and wont need any funky scripting to get it working ingame.") Just change the pennant number from 575 to P6166 and you'll have the Hiddensee... which, I should add, also has the upside of publicly available interior photos! :D

For comparison, the Gepard-class fast attack craft mentioned by GalComT on page 4 is right around there while the Type 520 Barbe-class utility landing craft shown in Tasmanian's screenshots is safely well below the nominal limit, but the Berlin-class replenishment ship and K130 Braunschweig-class corvette also mentioned by GalComT on page 4 (also with screenshots by Tasmanian) are well over the absolute limit.

I'm guessing that IF the limitations described here still exist in the engine in such a way that not even new BI Tools could completely overcome them, then the Tarantul-class' length may have been a factor for our GAF modders, as fortunately and conveniently its length of 56 meters fits within that 50 to 60 meter range. (The importance of being within the absolute limit, according to the same RKSL-Rock: "it can be a single model and wont need any funky scripting to get it working ingame.") Just change the pennant number from 575 to P6166 and you'll have the Hiddensee... which, I should add, also has the upside of publicly available interior photos! :D

For comparison, the Gepard-class fast attack craft mentioned by GalComT on page 4 is right around there while the Type 520 Barbe-class utility landing craft shown in Tasmanian's screenshots is safely well below the nominal limit, but the Berlin-class replenishment ship and K130 Braunschweig-class corvette also mentioned by GalComT on page 4 (also with screenshots by Tasmanian) are well over the absolute limit.

Congrats! That stuff looks simply amazing! :D

Sorry but, when can we expect the first release? :bounce3: