GalComT

German Armed Forces Mod

Man, this is some amazing stuff. Will the boats be controllable? That would be so awesome, I have no idea if that's possible on boats that large though. :P

That ship looks awesome! It doesn't even look that much WIP. It looks finished that's how good it looks. You going to add HD textures?

Very impressive work as always guys! I really love to see big and detailed ships like these :D Inspiring!

all ships will be drivable and walkable

fdtmvnrn6227.jpg

one of my favorite screens from the Landing Craft

i love your work ! can it be possible to have the same screenshoot without the fog ? :p

It's heavily detailed, I'm always surprise when one of you guys, are showing us some pictures.

Definitely some of the sexiest/most detailed ships I've ever seen made by the community for any ArmA title.

all ships will be drivable and walkable

Could you please elaborate on how exactly that is going to work? :)

I've seen familiar things done in VBS2, but I have no idea if it's doable in the current arma3 engine.

Could you please elaborate on how exactly that is going to work? :)

I've seen familiar things done in VBS2, but I have no idea if it's doable in the current arma3 engine.

Driveability doesnt need any elaboration i would say, however as for walkability Physx will take care of it (In theorie), we will see once Arma3 development advanced further. If all else fails there is always the scripted solutions.

wow awesome looking stuff! If the walk-ability works dose that mean we can have a whole sqauds of men then the ramp slowly drops down then the men pour out like in saving private ryan? :D

also will the weapon systems be working or just for looks?

How did I overlook this thread for so long?

You guys are doing an awesome job!

Can't wait to get my hands on all this splendid stuff. :)

And now the official Arma 3 Facebook page has linked to the Armaholic week report #309 showing off Tasmanian's screenshots of Braunschweig (F260) and Butt (L788), so that's a degree of semi-official acknowledgment! :D

There's also a screenshot of the Gepard-class FAC, but Tasmanian I notice that you didn't include a pennant number?

This looks really great. I keep a look out for ships all the time and these aren't just ships. The quality and ability of them surpass most ocean vehicles. I can't wait to use them. If you need a tester I would love to help.

Amazing quality! I guarantee you that a lot of gamers from other countries are pretty jealous of the German community right now. :)

Superb quality, ships looks insane! Now if that landing craft could get leopards onboard - and we have some landing operation missions :)

Dude this is AMAZING work!

(don't kill me for saying that, But they look a bit too clean imo :j:)

can't wait to try it out, land a heli on it or go out from one of those as a diver, exciting!

thank you!

Edited by bez

Never forget the Lusitania!

Only if we get WWI era U-boats that are, for all effective purposes, armed with only 88mm guns.

Either way, looking good. Still curious how we can get things to stay still without having to use scripts in our missions on those landing craft though.

@Kilroy

Physx allows units (or vehicles) to freely move in a moving object (such as the landing craft). No scripts are required. Hope that helps!