Sign in to follow this  
Kieran

Tripwires not detonating explosive

They won't detonate the explosive on stairwells indoors and outdoors

and will not detonate in any type of interior.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

2zr3nn8.jpg

Yes.

I have found that a tripwire placed at a height will be triggered at ground level but not at the height it is set.

This shows a tripwire mine set at 16m at the top of a stairwell. It can be triggered only at the ground level directly underneath it and not by running,walking or crawling through it at the same height.

tripwire_height_problem.jpg

heh that's wasted potential right there. to be honest, the moment the door opens and trips the wire, it should explode.

Assuming BI did it like everybody else does, my guess is they forgot to elevate triggers with their respective mines.

Speaking of which, the use of triggers will not allow for physically activated tripwires (e.g. opening doors triggering it).

Looks like it's more than just the mine not translating the height variable.

I don't think the building's heights are translating to the units. I notice that AI will leave a position of height, in a building, to get into formation around the leader(non AI) at the ground level even though the leader is not at the ground level and on an upper floor.

If i run a trigger at the top of the steps to show the triggering unit's position it shows that it is at ground level.

If i run hint format ["%1",position player]; in the escape debug console I get the same result while at the top of the steps.

Looks like I'll just have to blow people up on the ground and stop being needy for the moment.