Sign in to follow this  
austina1986

Muzzle flash issue (config related or is it something to with my model?)

Wasn't sure where to ask this, but this will hopefully be the right place. My issue is that I am trying to configure my M4A1 in oxygen 2, I have gotten it showing in game, hand placement correct however I cannot for the life of me figure out muzzle flashes or magazine reload animations.

First things first I will say that I have added the zasleh proxy and also assigned the "\a3\data_f\proxies\muzzle_flash\muzzle_flash_rifle_mk20" to the zasleh proxy as per

The muzzle flash (as an example, \a3\data_f\proxies\muzzle_flash\muzzle_flash_rifle_mk20 is the muzzle flash used by the MX). Make sure this is part of the "zasleh" named selection.
in the Arma 2 Weapon to Arma 3 help page. I then load into the game and the model is showing a constant muzzle flash as soon as the weapon is picked up. I am not sure where I've gone wrong and can't find any information on google about what could be causing the problem.

The second issue I'm having is that I cannot get my magazine to hide (I have the physical magazine named magazine in the name selections), have added the following to my model.cfg

class magazine_hide
			{
				type = "hide";
				source = "reloadMagazine";
				selection = "magazine";
				minValue = 0.000000;
				maxValue = 1.00000;
				hideValue = 0.220;
				unhideValue = 0.550;
			};

However even with that the magazine is always visible. If anyone is able to help or point me in the right direction please do, I've looked at ToadBall's example M16A4 addon and his proxies are the same, same named selection for zasleh (name selection also covers the muzzle flash from above) and it doesn't work, my weapon is also configured the same way as his M16A4 model with regards to the magazine so that has me stumped too.

Appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Austin.

Issue resolved, was a typo on my configs. All my animations are now working correctly.

Regards,

Austin.