Sign in to follow this  
TraxusIV

Difficulty modding optics

Ok, so first off, disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm doing.

Now that that's out of the way, here's my problem: I'm trying to mod the optic_Hamr to give it night vision and thermal. Secondary goal is to increase the magnification and provide for multiple zeroing ranges. My motivation is that I'm impatient for a thermal scope, and this seemed like a tractable introduction for me to weapon/accessory making.

My approach was to create a config.cpp, rapify it, then pbo the whole thing and plunk it into a mod folder.

The contents of the config are below. Using EliteNess 2.93, the rapify and pbo creation went off without a hitch, the game loads perfectly, and even recognizes the mod in the little mod selection screen. But when I use an RCO (the Hamr's proper name) in game, I get no zoom, no nvg or thermal mode, and basically no indication that the mod took hold.

What am I most likely doing wrong?

Code here:

class CfgPatches
{
class TraxusIV_Hamr_TI_mod
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Weapons_F"};
};
};
class cfgWeapons
{
class ItemCore;
class InventoryOpticsItem_Base_F;
class optic_Hamr: ItemCore
{
	class ItemInfo: InventoryOpticsItem_Base_F
	{
		class OpticsModes
		{
			class HAMR_scope
			{
				opticsID = 2;
				useModelOptics = 1;
				opticsPPEffects[] = {"OpticsCHAbera1","OpticsBlur1"};
				opticsZoomMin = 0.03615;
				opticsZoomMax = 0.0723;
				opticsZoomInit = 0.0723;
				memoryPointCamera = "opticView";
				visionMode[] = {"Normal","NVG","Ti"};
				thermalMode[] = {0,1};
				opticsFlare = 1;
				opticsDisablePeripherialVision = 1;
				distanceZoomMin = 300;
				distanceZoomMax = 0;
				cameraDir = "";
			};
		};
	};
};
};

Ah, sorry about the misplacement. As I said I have no idea what I'm doing ;). Anyway, the distanceZoomMax = 0 is a typo. Supposed to be 300. I'll try changing the required addon and see if that makes it go.

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 ----------

The "A3_Weapons_F_Acc" did the trick, thanks!

Hey,

I hope my post won't be looked at like a flame thing or anything like that since I just registered right now cause I need some help myself with a scripting thing.

But if you are looking for Thermal Optics, Uncertain already uploaded some wich I think are really neat, I put them into my own mission and they really do their job.

Since you want your optics to be a little more individual (magnification and such) I think this won't help much. But I think if you take a look at them it may help you with your own modification.

And here goes the link Edit: I'm not allowed to post a link since I just registered, maybe someone else can put it up, Thermal/ NV Optics by Uncertain

I hope this might come in handy for your further progress.

Greetings, Porky243