Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Arma II and Operation Arrowhead Islands successfully imported

Looks great. Hopefully you'll consider doing the same for ArmA 1 islands.

If they're the same as the ones the ArmA II islands got however, it should be simple. I've always gotten missing file and sound messages when playing with CAA1 even with ArmA II, but I'm doing stuff like campaigns and missions, which call for files in a very different way than ArmA II does.

If I may ask, have the Army of the Czech Republic islands been transferable, or are they encrypted? Just trying to brute force the files causes errors, and thus the islands don't even get an option to load them. I know they're rough copy-and-paste affairs of previous islands, but having the entire ArmA island set in ArmA III would be phenomenal.

How is the project going? Will it require releasing modified BIS pbos or can you just create your own addon that will be launched alonside select A2/OA pbos and will replace those dull colors with glorious lighting of A3?

This is going to be wonderful! Nice work Sakura Chan.

If I unpack the pbo, it no longer works lol. Hope you have more luck in editing it Sakura!

Well its taking a little longer, turns out I will have to import wheeled.pbo and air.pbo because they contain the data for the wrecked vehicles scattered across the islands. The good news is that I modified the lighting on the old islands to more area appropriate colors. Under the default lighting Chernarus looked too bright and happy, and the deserts looked 'wet' and blue. The new sky and lighting controls are really cool, you can make very specific effects.

desert02.jpg

desert01.jpg

desert03.jpg

Apparently something cool is up with the interior lighting?

interior01.jpg

interior02.jpg

Edited by Sakura_Chan

Ya know I should buy you a beer for this. Hope for a release soon bored of Stratis. Tested it to death! =P

BTW I'm in Michigan your in Canada the Beer offer stands if it's not too far =P

The contrast between dull and lifeless A2 lighting and that of A3 is striking. I can't wait for the release of your work. :)

I seriously like how indoors look. And of course the outside lighting is great too. Also working clouds.

I hope BIS will allow for CAA2 (if it's going to be something like CAA2). Wouldn't want to keep large ArmA2 CO install just to get 2 islands.

That indoor lighting looks amazing..! Is there some sort of "fogging" going Sakura..?

Could you please post more Cherno shots and some more interiors too to whet our appetites..?! ;)

^ that.

I had another look at those recent snaps of yours, and I must say that the topmost picture (overcast) looks the least attractive (and the most like A2). Sure, you do not get as pronounced shadows on a cloudy day but still I wish BIS would improve that a bit. It's not a comment on what you are doing Sakura, which is stellar! Can you give us any estimate of the release date? Pretty please? :)

I had a vision of ragdoll cows and satchel charges.

Haha, despite the obvious derangement of this, im gonna go ahead and jump on the wagon.

+1

Thanks for this info man, A2 islands look totally different! Awesome! I hope there will be DLC from BIS with all A2 main content professionally done to fit in A3. till that this will do just perfect. Thanks Sakura_Chan.

So many things on this forum have me very smiley and hopeful about the game I've purchased.

But so far, this thread takes the cake. Checking it daily.

Good luck sir.

My first attempt to fiddle with A2 content in A3. This was almost a shock to the system(personall) due to joy of swimming in A2 enviorment. With BI possibly makin a port with A2/A3 content. Had always hoped for swimming etc in Chenarus an even back in the day on sahrani that never really got anywhere.

I literally check this thread 4 times a day. If you run in to any road blocks let me know I'll see if I can help at all.

^^ This..!

Aye man, please release this in Addon for us lesser mortals and we'll forever be in your debt..! ;)

I can't wait to see ARMA3 lighting and weather on Cherno... stormy Stalker nights here we come..!!!

Okay I am releasing it this Tuesday (April 9th). It may contain some bugs but currently it is 100% usable so there isn't any reason to delay it while I polish it up. On a side note I finally bought a 'real' computer! Through ofp, arma, and arma II I've always chugged along at 15fps because I was using old tech, recycled/thrown away office computers. I've only bought one computer before, in 2003 so I could play ofp, but then Arma came out and it was slow again lol. Got an i7, gtx 680, ssd, trackir yada yada finally going to enjoy the game again.

So more Chernarus pics because why not

Autumn time

chern01.jpg

The new A3 shadows really fix up the interiors

chern02.jpg

chern03.jpg

Notice the reduction in blue from the whole scene. Chernarus should be dull and austere, like borscht. The Stratis lighting was too warm and fuzzy. BTW Chernerus is my favorite map ever.

chern04.jpg

I would love to see this in real life someday

chern06.jpg

The shadows and fog really add to the otherwise sparse forests

chern05.jpg

Check in to the International Hotel

chern07.jpg

Afternoon in the lounge

chern08.jpg

Edited by Sakura_Chan

Nice bunch of screenshots. The shadow seems to work perfectly inside building, that's great.