Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Arma II and Operation Arrowhead Islands successfully imported

Any news? I was really excited about this.

Any news? I was really excited about this.

Welcome to the forums. It's bad form to bump a thread asking for updates. May want to re-read the rules.

I know it's hard not to ask though. I mean, I am wondering if there's any news too. :)

Abs

Welcome to the forums. It's bad form to bump a thread asking for updates. May want to re-read the rules.

I know it's hard not to ask though. I mean, I am wondering if there's any news too. :)

Abs

§17) Report rule violations

If you see a violation of these rules on the forum, do not reply in the thread but send a Private Message to a moderator or use the "Report Post" report.gif button instead. Replying in the thread will be considered as spam. Reporting posts contributes to a well structured, well disciplined forum which benefits everyone.

Have you seen the rules?

Have you seen the rules?

so what does that make your post? i'm confused. it's like spamception:p

I can understand it being bad form to bump a thread every day. However, is it really that bad to bump asking for an update after 10 days of thread silence? Sakura_Chan said she was nearly ready to release, within the week, almost a month ago. I was simply curious about the status as she never posted after that if it was cancelled or still in progress. Sorry for breaking the rules, of course. I reckon I'm willing to take a warning or suspension so people can have an update on this great project.

I can understand it being bad form to bump a thread every day. However, is it really that bad to bump asking for an update after 10 days of thread silence? Sakura_Chan said she was nearly ready to release, within the week, almost a month ago. I was simply curious about the status as she never posted after that if it was cancelled or still in progress. Sorry for breaking the rules, of course. I reckon I'm willing to take a warning or suspension so people can have an update on this great project.

Yeah, at least the mods see it like that. Sure, it's not terrible if one person does it. But, if others do it too, then you start to have post after post of people asking for updates. Thing is, I don't think Abs is wrong. I mean, it's not like Abs is trying to take the place of a moderator. Merely trying to help a newbie to the forums understand. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this addon. And, just to be clear, Sakura is only doing the islands, right?

I was very tempted to bump this thread with the same question yesterday, but I thought I wait for another one to do it and take the flak :D Thank you xqnp7 ;) I personally agree that the question is worth the bump this time as the last we heard was that the islands were to be released any minute. I am so curious what's going on and I'm so looking forward to Sakuras islands! Then again, rules are rules and thats why this forum is tidy :)

antoineflemming; yes it is only the islands. I hope Sakura can do the same with armed assault islands too. It would be very nice to have properly bug-free versions to play on.

Sorry for the recent disappearance. Recent changes in the beta have messed up and also fixed a few problems. I've also been setting up my new computer so I had to reinstall all my modding steuph and transfer all my addons to my new rig. Anyways, there are a few things that should be addressed.

1. Arma3 seems at such an early stage that I might not be able to keep up with the changes, as I am the #1 unreliable modder haha. For example, BIS is still changing the lighting/surface/ambient life stuff, and even moving core files around, so there is a good chance that after an update some things will not work or throw errors. More than likely I will be slow to fix it.

2. I was making a new ca.pbo, because I couldn't use the original one without breaking teh gamez and I couldn't release a modified version without breaking teh rulez. With the latest update something changed and it appears that the problem of A3 having a duplicate ca.pbo has been changed, so I have to figure out where to go from there.

3. I use custom lighting for the islands, so they will not be effected when BIS updates the lighting or fog. This may result in ass graphics, I really don't know.

On the upside of things I now have a rig that can actually play A3 and I have a laptop that I can mod with at work, and they are linked together with TeamViewer 8 so I don't have to wait all day to fix an addon or release something. I actually do most of my modding at work now. Also I really only started working on this again last night, I have actually been dicking around with DCS world and Mario 64 for the last month.

Thanks for the update, Sakura. Still looking forward to your work on it, good luck!

I can't wait to use your maps in my scenarii

Keep going ^^ with no Altis in the beta, you are our only hope ;)

Just to offer my support. There are a lot of players watching this thread even if they arent posting on it.

Please stick with it as we really do need fresh islands and you are the only one working on a standalone system.

Stick with Non BIS islands and get the creators permission, then the newcomers to the ArmA series can also use them without fear of copyright infringement

Edited by Terox

your doing an amazing job, well done you have done thousands of arma players proud... keep up the good work!!

Stick with Non BIS islands then the newcomers to the ArmA series can also use them without fear of copyright infrigement

I would suggest asking the permission of the Island makers which you are wanting to include to be in-line with any copyright infringement.

I would suggest asking the permission of the Island makers which you are wanting to include to be in-line with any copyright infringement.

Definitely. For example, Icebreakr is on record as strictly forbidding any of his content being ported to A3.

Nice to hear you are back at it Sakura Chan. Still one of my most anticipated addons for A3 at this point. :)

it hasn't been finished yet, therefor it's not available for download at this moment. We can only hope that Sakura will finish this asap! :D

Please Sakura finish it! I only want the ArmA 3 Engine with stuff from ArmA 2.

Yes please. I so want the A1 and A2 islands as stand alone in A3.

Pretty please :)

Any plans of importing 29 palms? I believe it's phaedon who did it if you were interested. Such a great map.

Sakura Chan,

I wasn't sure if this "mod" was a generic wrapper of sorts that would work with *any* A2 island or if each island required custom adjustments? If it's the latter and you would be interested in having yet another island to tinker with I'd love to know what my Isla Del Fuego might look like with the A3 engine? As the last page of comments has made reference to permissions you have my permission if you want :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?116599-Isla-Del-Fuego