Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Arma II and Operation Arrowhead Islands successfully imported

I thought this was map only anyway, or is SK saying he's adding vehicles too or something?

Nope, nothing like that is mentioned anywhere. :)

I thought this was map only anyway, or is SK saying he's adding vehicles too or something?

This will be Map only.

Like Sakura Chan write it in the first Post !

By the Way, sakura, can you tell us briefly about the state of Project ?

Regards

(ST6)Predator

Currently we are very limited to the AO of Statis

(Will a newcomer to the community who only has A3 be allowed to use A2 content like this without breaking any copyright laws ?)

if so

If you have 1 decent sized island that you could release, it would be a welcomed addition at this point.

Create a core A2 islands addon with all the supporting PBO's with Chernarus and Utes

I am sure most servers would run that, which means most clients would end up downloading it

We could even have our very first ever common "Community addon pack"

Units and equipment can wait. Let BI give us those

Edited by Terox

Currently we are very limited to the AO of Statis

Agreed, I find Stratis to be a bit boring. There's only so many times you can assault Mike-26.

Units and equipment can wait. Let BI give us those

Not agreed :) A decently sized infantry carrier (a.k.a Truck) and some fixed defense installation like an M2 and/or Kord/DShkM would be very welcome, especially on a bigger map like Chernarus. Limited content breeds a lot of similar missions.

(but I apologize, didn't want to hijack this thread. I'm very much looking forward to this addon)

Will a newcomer to the community who only has A3 be allowed to use A2 content like this without breaking any copyright laws ?

i'm pretty sure you can't just release content from arma 2 for free. the game can still be bought.

who ever that newcomer is he's a cheap bastard ;).....just kidding.

arma 2, operation arrowhead AND the arma 3 alpha are 50 euros total. that's how much you would pay for one single game these days. that's even less than the supporter edition and you get lots of content. let's give BI more money so they can polish this to the max.

Will a newcomer to the community who only has A3 be allowed to use A2 content like this without breaking any copyright laws ?

No, accoding to BI that would be "illegal distribution of content", because its not a freeware, its still a payed game and they own it :)

Look at the rules here mate:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148172-Forward-porting-of-Arma-content

We do want to add some clarity to the concept of forward-porting Arma 1 / 2 content into Arma 3, so here are some guidelines to keep in mind:

- In general, you cannot simply redistribute data we shipped with previous games.

- The only data that is governed by special licenses are the sample packages.

- There are other, and accepted, ways of merging Arma 1 / 2 content into Arma 3. This is handled by releasing new add-ons that merge the content people already own via configuration files. We are working on an officially supported approach for later (similar to TKOH's Rearmed).

- We urge you to treat each other's work with respect. Please ask for permission before you take someone's mod and port it.

Not agreed :) A decently sized infantry carrier (a.k.a Truck) and some fixed defense installation like an M2 and/or Kord/DShkM would be very welcome, especially on a bigger map like Chernarus. Limited content breeds a lot of similar missions.

You can alwasy go try the AIA if you want more then maps, but i dont believe Sakura has any plans on adding anything else then maps to this mod :)

You can alwasy go try the AIA if you want more then maps, but i dont believe Sakura has any plans on adding anything else then maps to this mod :)

If AiA has shown anything, then mostly that "just" integrating Arma 2 conteint into Arma 3 is not going to work, since it messes up too much. I am very happy with an island-only addon, as a matter of fact, I prefer that over a complete integration if it does away with the GUI (an other) messes. For content other content, I prefer new ones, even more so since the old content doesn't have the features.

I don´t like the lighting on the AiA-Islands. For example grass and trees are glowing like hell on chernarus if you set the weather slider lower than 55%. I hope sakura_chan can handle this issue in his porting project. His screenshots are really amazing.

@ Alwarren

According to what you are saying on your clan forum, your install/modline is simply not correct.

I don´t like the lighting on the AiA-Islands. For example grass and trees are glowing like hell on chernarus if you set the weather slider lower than 55%. I hope sakura_chan can handle this issue in his porting project. His screenshots are really amazing.

it tepends a littlebit on the island, on some maps the stratis lighting and sky is looking so good that i want to move in, but mostly on "green" maps like chernarus, a lot of weather/daytime setting arent really adding up... it doesnt even look like autum anymore, and besides that clear sky midday looks strange on chernarus, if you compare these videos, both shot in arma3 one with old sky and lighting and one with AiA, some trees appear to pop out in a strange color wich is distubing the immersion a bit imho, i am not sure if its really noticable in the video example though:

1. old sky/lighting

2. AiA

@Fabio: Notice that little grey bar at 10 o'clock from your plane on 2nd video? I noticed it when I used the manual install but not now with 6. :confused:

@Fabio: Notice that little grey bar at 10 o'clock from your plane on 2nd video? I noticed it when I used the manual install but not now with 6. :confused:

yes, i had it with manual install too but in this case i think its been cause by CBA somehow, if i run AiA chernarus without CBA its gone but i used sone ingame editor for dynamic weather control.

Lets not turn this into a AIA thread, theres another thread for that ;) This is Sakura's thread.

I just mentioned it heh.

;2373022']@ Alwarren

According to what you are saying on your clan forum' date=' your install/modline is simply not correct.[/quote']

I have used the batch file you provided in the archive. I might be something with my installation of Arma 2, though, since none of the scripts that were released before worked, all of them looked messed up. On my last attempt I got a mixture of ToH beckground, Arrowhead GUI with a Arma III main menu. However, as I said, none of the previous script solutions worked for me either. I have no idea what is going wrong there.

Sakura_Chan will release when Sakura_Chan is ready to release. Unrelated spam posts deleted and the next one asking for news or release date gets a infraction.

Instead of spamming a thread, why don't you try to contribute like Sakura_Chan does and create a addon meanwhile? Maybe then you will understand why modders don't give any ETA anymore. It's done when it's done, not a second earlier.

Excellent looking stuff here sakura! Eagerly anticipating release *Good luck*

I don't think he can release it as an addon(Just my unintelligent guess from recent events), but he could probably release the tutorial 'in noob language'! :P

What recent events? My guess is there are just some RL issues in the way :)

That would be the recent attempt to release the entirety of Chernarus as an addon... The thread was closed and the user suspended, here.

I don't think he can release it as an addon(Just my unintelligent guess from recent events), but he could probably release the tutorial 'in noob language'! :P

Ofc he can, Sakura is basing this on configs (at least thats how i read the thread) and that the accepted way to do it. :)

This will not be a Stand Alone addon for the maps from chernarus (again, this is how i read the thread) and it will be similar to AIA, but islands only.

Well but that's not what SC has been working on :) She's basically doing the same as AiA with additional work on bugfixing and especially tweaking the lighting

Edited by PurePassion
damn that must be annoying :D

Maybe she is just pissed because everyone assumes she is a guy. She's not. :p

Maybe she is just pissed because everyone assumes she is a guy. She's not. :p

Sorry about that then, its impossible to tell by looking at some text hehe, and i dont recall seeing she or her anywhere :)

Anywho, she is doing a great job and she is doing it the right way. It cant be better then that heh.