Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Arma II and Operation Arrowhead Islands successfully imported

the new lighting does not allways neccesarily seem to improve the visual outcome imho,

this sceenshot in particular isnt really promissing, looks more like OFP than anything else, or is it just me...

for me, the original lighting and sky does still look imopressive and natural on chernarus:

yea it's just you. you might wanna check out page 4 and 5 (and read the text not only look at the pictures). what you have here is a screen from the first page with stratis lighting on cherno without any tweaks applied....

IMO it's not the shadows that cause problems, but the geometry from all the objects.

Shadows are rendered on GPU (I think), but the geometry is still stuck on the 32bit low CPU usage engine.

Awesome work SC, looking forward to test it when ready!

/KC

yea it's just you. you might wanna check out page 4 and 5 (and read the text not only look at the pictures). what you have here is a screen from the first page with stratis lighting on cherno without any tweaks applied....

you are still mad at me :(

Awfully quiet in here, everybody keeping it down so as not to disturb Sakura? hehe

do you think we'll see any multiplayer implementation of this mod??

im imagining all types of coop and sector control goodness right now; a mod like this would literally hold me over until release if we can play chern and taki multiplayer maps in the alpha somehow

Awfully quiet in here, everybody keeping it down so as not to disturb Sakura? hehe

I guess people are giving him "space" to get done ;)

Which is a good thing tbh hehe.

Yeh saw the AIA, but im only interested in the maps, nothing else :)

do you think we'll see any multiplayer implementation of this mod??

im imagining all types of coop and sector control goodness right now; a mod like this would literally hold me over until release if we can play chern and taki multiplayer maps in the alpha somehow

It kinda has to be, or it wont be worth much tbh :)

Looks like this mod has garnered some big attention

http://www.pcgamesn.com/dayz-s-chernarus-has-been-imported-arma-3-looks-really-nice

Shame they don't give credit to Sakura.....

So much for us all being quiet to let him wrap it up:)

2 of us responded to the reddit post with links back to hear. Glad PC Gamer reads more then just the first post....I'm going to write them a letter, Sukura should get soem credit not PurePassion.

My brain is going soft waiting for this.

Sorry I decided to get it all finished before release. That means fixing all the animation entries that caused errors as well as signing everything. It will be out this week for sure

@UP

:( so low, cyu next week. Hope with download button.

Sounds great this, really looking forward to release.:)

Sorry I decided to get it all finished before release. That means fixing all the animation entries that caused errors as well as signing everything. It will be out this week for sure

Thanks for the update Sakura.

This is awsome mate.

Its much better to wait untill its more stabile, then releasing a buggy "alpha" ;)

amazing !! great work !! still stay tuned and release it, if u think its ready !! your release will be mirrored at our site... ;)

aaawhmaaaawyy gaaaaaaaawwwd where is it where is it wheereee iiiiis iiiiiiiit!!?!?!1ONE OEN OENEOENOEN!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

No I'm joking :) looking forward to this release.

Edited by Pellejones

Just like to register my interest in a maps-only addon solution.

What DMarkwick said - maps only (for now) :)

I thought this was map only anyway, or is SK saying he's adding vehicles too or something?