Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Arma II and Operation Arrowhead Islands successfully imported

give it a way to bring liberation 1944 maps to arma 3 ? the woods are the best what i have see, in the arma engine world - love the maps ^^

This cannot be done due to the L44 EULA which forbids such a thing, even if you own both games.

I can't believe we are so close to this release...Who's excited? I'm excited!

I'm really looking forwards to this, I want to test some Stalker buildings in Cherno a la' ARMA3 lighting..! :D

Well by the time I post a release thread, get everything packed up and uploaded, it will still be another hour or two. I'm going to be re-releasing it in a few days to fix a bug that causes a lot of .rpt errors. This first release will be unsigned sadly, but the next version will be signed.

Totally waiting. In a hour, I'll be back. In two, I will return again. =P

Sorry if I missed it, but will this require the dev build of the Alpha the way All-in-Arma does?

I built this using the non-dev build, I don't know if the dev build would change anything.

I built this using the non-dev build, I don't know if the dev build would change anything.

Sweet - that's what I was hoping you would say!

Someone decided to post this on the DayZ Reddit so I thought I'd point them to this thread, you deserve the credit. Thanks for all your hard work Sakura!

This sounds great, I am unsure of the lighting though, you mentioned that we will be able to add it to other old maps, how do we do this, because as I've said a few times, I would love to see namalsk with this lighting.

Well it looks like this is gonna need another day to finish...I'm tired and I'm making mistakes. This was simply more work than I thought it would be haha. I'll release it tomorrow hopefully. I'm just chasing down random errors now, everything is actually in the game and working. That kinda troubleshooting requires a fresh mind...zzz...

insert Darth Vader pic: "NOOOOOooooooooooo..!"

;)

No worries dude, do it all in your own time.

No probs. One question though Sakura: What sort of download size will this whole thing require? If I already have the islands I need, what am I looking at? I have a slow connection currently.

Well it looks like this is gonna need another day to finish...I'm tired and I'm making mistakes. This was simply more work than I thought it would be haha. I'll release it tomorrow hopefully. I'm just chasing down random errors now, everything is actually in the game and working. That kinda troubleshooting requires a fresh mind...zzz...

Take your time mate, you are doing one hell of a job.

We can wait a week if thats what it takes :)

Rest? Sleep? What is this treason?!

:)

Looking forward to it, when its done mate, looks very very nice.

the new lighting does not allways neccesarily seem to improve the visual outcome imho,

this sceenshot in particular isnt really promissing, looks more like OFP than anything else, or is it just me...

a202.jpg

for me, the original lighting and sky does still look imopressive and natural on chernarus:

just a little constructive critisism regarding only lighting and sky, besides that, awesomework im sure you will find a satisfying solution!

Thats actually true, even though it doesnt seem like theres any shadows on.

Think shadows at 1km distance would change it dramaticly.

And grind many rigs to a halt, but thats not the point, and I wholeheartedly agree.

I like very much the ToH-rearmed lighting on chernarus. The current lighting of kju´s AiA-Mod on chernarus need tweaks.

@Byrgesen

the max shadowradius in a3 is 200m.

And grind many rigs to a halt, but thats not the point, and I wholeheartedly agree.

for that video, with every setting on ultra, 200% 3D res and like 7km viewdistance, AND recording at the same time, the framerate was barely fluid and frequently slideshowish, yet my CPU is from 2007 and its was only meant to give an idea of what the game is going to be....

i think an i5 3570K would have been able to handle this perfectly well, my X3220 was yearning though.

I like very much the ToH-rearmed lighting on chernarus. The current lighting of kju´s AiA-Mod on chernarus need tweaks.

@Byrgesen

I haven't tried this but can you increase it further by changing it in the config? If you change it to 1000 would it render that ingame or would it just default back to 200? Anyone?

@Byrgesen

Yeh just went to test it, damn ;)

Will try to see if manual config can overwrite it though.

EDIT:

Nope not possible, it will not revert the config file to 200, but shadows arent there over 200m.

But im pretty sure the final product will have a longer shadow range tbh.

EDIT2:

Ok it reverts to 200 when you close the game.

Hoping its alpha limitations and not the done yet :)

Edited by Byrgesen

in arma2 and toh-engine there is a kind of fake shadow on every object in the farer distance. Kind of automatic darkening. Only speculation, i am a complete noob in these things.