Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Arma II and Operation Arrowhead Islands successfully imported

a dream comes true: chernarus with perfect ligthning, shadows, without monster-Bloom, perfect lights & night! Congrat to your new rig.

Ok, just a new week started and you have made it already to a great one :)

+1

Congrats on the new rig and great job on the conversion :bounce3:

Okay I am releasing it this Tuesday (April 9th). It may contain some bugs but currently it is 100% usable so there isn't any reason to delay it while I polish it up.

This made me drop my jaw!! Aaaaah myyyyy this is sooooooooo cooooooooool!

Since you got the maps ported (Which look damn AMAZING...love the interior lightening) Could you start porting over Arma 2 CO units? Starting with mayby some basic USMC and Russian units? :) I would not mind shooting down a chopper carrying some Spetnaz and then watching as it crashed down with the new physics, and then pick off any survivors (The new WIP crashing system makes the chopper crash, but not insta-kill everyone) with my sniper rifle. And then ofcourse fight of a Taliban ambush set of by an un-expected RPG, yeah...I would not mind that at all :P

Grats on the new rig and tomorrow...I'm going to make love to Chernarus... And Aimer, there is a mod request thread and I'm sure it's been covered in there, if not, add it to it. Also, don't think they will port over, different skeleton, would have to be made almost completely from scratch.

Okay it looks like .Kju [pvpscene] has released an addon that lets you import all the old A1 and A2 content. I'm still going ahead here so you will have two options:

1. Use All in ArmA, have the vehicles, but not infantry models at this point. Old content doesn't have new features, not sure if tanks work. You can use my lighting fixes for the islands.

2. Use my mod, only difference to the game is the addition of the islands, no vehicles, units or weapons.

My vision of a real import would be to make a compilation of community addons that would replace the old A2 units, which were pretty bad compared to what the community has cranked out. If we did that, we could have all the old missions but with working vehicles, guns with detachable sights etc.

Wow, simply amazing.

These islands for the game are truly works of art, the previous engines lighting simply did not do them justice, I can only begin to imagine how amazing the other user made islands are going to look when people decide to work on them, and I eagerly await a time when people bring Namalsk into the picture.

Okay it looks like .Kju [pvpscene] has released an addon that lets you import all the old A1 and A2 content. I'm still going ahead here so you will have two options:

1. Use All in ArmA, have the vehicles, but not infantry models at this point. Old content doesn't have new features, not sure if tanks work. You can use my lighting fixes for the islands.

2. Use my mod, only difference to the game is the addition of the islands, no vehicles, units or weapons.

My vision of a real import would be to make a compilation of community addons that would replace the old A2 units, which were pretty bad compared to what the community has cranked out. If we did that, we could have all the old missions but with working vehicles, guns with detachable sights etc.

I literally only want the islands. All the old content I could care less about. I like what the community is working on as it is and I will gladly wait for new content...but I must have the islands =P

I literally only want the islands. All the old content I could care less about. I like what the community is working on as it is and I will gladly wait for new content...but I must have the islands =P

Same here. There are some awesome maps for Arma 2 that I really miss.

Amazing how much lighting can change a whole scene, so very happy that we will see Chernarus with A3 lighting..not blinded by sun, actually able to enjoy the indoors, thus far it is looking terrific.

One question though, will you be asking to Zyco if you can use LandTex?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6050

As others have said, I just want the islands. I'm content with the amount of content in the Alpha, but I would love to explore Takistan and Chenarus with the new lighting and movements.

Is it Tuesday yet? :)

wow! just stumbled upon this. how could i miss this until now?

i just had a quick look at chernarus in arma 3 right after arma 3 came out and was disappointed how it looked like before/worse.

i had no damn idea!! this may sound weird but the last bunch of screens gave me butterflies in my belly. can't agree more on what someone said. the old lighting didn't do chernarus justice. i think i'll try out the summer pack again too when you released this. finally ofp feeling with realistic lighting.

can't wait! Sakura you are awesome! we all knew it before but after all your nice little tweak mods this is topping them all. can't wait to play chernarus apocalypse with my buddies. :dancehead:

So the rumor goes. Can't wait to check it out!

those low angled shots really capture the beauty of the new lighting, but is it enough to make me uninstall arma 2? nah

Excuse me if this is ignorance but other than not throwing a few errors what's different about this and running the A2 addons as an expansion and loading CAA1?

I played with Chernarus and Sahrani on the 2nd or 3rd day of the Alpha release... it is mind blowingly awesome in A3...

Excuse me if this is ignorance but other than not throwing a few errors what's different about this and running the A2 addons as an expansion and loading CAA1?

I played with Chernarus and Sahrani on the 2nd or 3rd day of the Alpha release... it is mind blowingly awesome in A3...

It uses the new Arma 3 sky (eg. volumetric clouds) and the new shadows.

Plucking the pbos directly from A2 to A3 doesn't give you this.

This is coming out later today right..?

We can only hope :)

*sitting patiently in the corner*

Me too. Can hardly wait :)

If I understand it correctly, we should be able to load up custom islands and they will have the A3 lighting, right?

Sahrani as it always was meant to look like! Really I'm drooling all over :D