Sign in to follow this  
Spears

machine gun or law

there needs to be a weapon on the humvee cuz it sucks because your defenlsess

if any1 gets a good modeler to do this e-mail me plz

The humvee is a transport vehicle it is not meant to be for going through enemy terr. it is made to carry a small amout of troops from place to place.

1. You are not defenseless in a HMMVW. As a matter of fact, I beat one of the OFP campaign missions with only my HMMVW. I just drove over all the bad guys. I only stopped when I ran out of gas.

2. While a transport vehicle, the HMMVW can be equipped with:

a TOW missile launcher

hmmwv-dvic368-s.jpg

a M2 .50-cal air cooled machine gun

sorry guys no pic

a M-60 "light" machine gun

hmmwv_imgw_002-s.jpg

a Mk-19 grenade launcher (ouch)

hmmwv-dvic369-s.jpg

So I would say the statement "it is not meant to be for going through enemy terr" is strictly false[/i].

Clarification on Crazed Killa's statement:

It really is NOT meant to travel through enemy territory. The Army use for the Hummer is bu scout and MP units.

It is used with the TOW missile, but in an ambush support role. Do you really want to be in a HMMVW while being shot at by tanks??? NOT ME !!!! I'll stay in my M1A1, thank you.

Very well, but the impression I got from his post was that the HMMVW was restricted to ferrying people around. It has, however, many other roles, as you and I suggest.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from sgtdwetzel on 10:55 am on Nov. 14, 2001

Clarification on Crazed Killa's statement:

It really is NOT meant to travel through enemy territory. The Army use for the Hummer is bu scout and MP units.

It is used with the TOW missile, but in an ambush support role. Do you really want to be in a HMMVW while being shot at by tanks??? NOT ME !!!! I'll stay in my M1A1, thank you.<span id='postcolor'>

the machine guna and the grenade launcher sound like nice little prepy stuff, but i don't think you will be seeing missions that say "NO BASE RAPING BY THE HUMMVE!", its just not worth it, 5 tow missiles won't kill a fleet of even T50's. I think that The hummer should be used for an area where its clear of enemys, or replace the jeep as an officer transport. Its just not an offencive weapon. Also one thing which im not sure if its a bug or not is that one guy put a satchel on my hummer, and no one in it died. I hear that can happen in real life 2.

HMMVW drivers/passengers can survive the blast from a well-sized landmine. the HMMVW wont be working after that butt youll still be alive...sorta..

Heh, I can't see a reason for not adding the HMMVW weapons. After all this is a realistic military tactical simulator. I'd love to see it stay as close to reality as possible.

Don't be worried about the HMMVW beeing too powerful. One well placed RPG would destroy it (of course that would require some skill on the player's part, God forbid that!).

Also, if you haven't noticed, the HMMVW doesn't corner well at high speed. So all this worry about a fast weapons platform is not well placed.

It's interesting to note that if you fire a Mk-19 on full-auto sideways from a HMMVW, it will roll the vehicle.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from barret on 2:10 pm on Nov. 14, 2001

the machine guna and the grenade launcher sound like nice little prepy stuff, but i don't think you will be seeing missions that say "NO BASE RAPING BY THE HUMMVE!", its just not worth it, 5 tow missiles won't kill a fleet of even T50's. I think that The hummer should be used for an area where its clear of enemys, or replace the jeep as an officer transport. Its just not an offencive weapon. Also one thing which im not sure if its a bug or not is that one guy put a satchel on my hummer, and no one in it died. I hear that can happen in real life 2.

<span id='postcolor'>

but still i mean i got ambushed on the way to a town i i could do nothing for my squad cuz i was in a humvee

at least add a 50 cal maybe because all the pics i see have weps on humvee

i meen you gota a jeep witha machine gun why not a humvee

I totally agree.

BTW, I beat the mission you are talking about by running over the infantry (NOTE: did not work on the RPG soldier :) ).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Spears on 5:31 pm on Nov. 14, 2001

but still i mean i got ambushed on the way to a town i i could do nothing for my squad cuz i was in a humvee

at least add a 50 cal maybe because all the pics i see have weps on humvee

i meen you gota a jeep witha machine gun why not a humvee<span id='postcolor'>