Sign in to follow this  
rasdenfasden

The guns you miss (until they get modded back in)

I can't be the only one who thinks that Arma 3 is missing something, in form of the "classical" weapons of the franchise.

Specifically for me, it's the AK variants, M16s and the mighty PKM that I miss. They had, as weird as it sounds, a certain "charm" to them because of their quirks and imperfections.

Arma 3's weapons with their 6.5 grendel and their fantastic sights almost feel too perfect to me. The funny sights on the AKs, the 7.62x39 round, the lack of a full auto function on the M16A2s and A4s, the sheer size and raw power of the PKMs and other MGs, etc.

The MX series and the bullpups in the alpha just don't feel quite as stylish to me because of how perfect they are.

M16 M203 Acog. And the AK47/74 ofcourse.

AKM / AKMS.

I thought about this a lot, because there were a LOT of guns I loved in OA. But the AKM. Without hesitation. :)

agree with you.

mine was the friggin sks. man that gun is so cool.

AKM / AKMS.

I thought about this a lot, because there were a LOT of guns I loved in OA. But the AKM. Without hesitation. :)

Yup, same for me. It had some good looking textures.

AKs and M16s mostly :E

Is it already confirmed they won't be in the full release?

AKs and M16s mostly :E

Is it already confirmed they won't be in the full release?

No. TBH , I don't miss the M series.

I can't remember what it was called but it was a little fully automatic machine pistol that looked similar to an Uzi 9mm. Would be nice to see one as the current 9mm semi automatic pistol is pretty useless. I think that throwing it would probably do more damage half the time.

I can't remember what it was called but it was a little fully automatic machine pistol that looked similar to an Uzi 9mm. Would be nice to see one as the current 9mm semi automatic pistol is pretty useless. I think that throwing it would probably do more damage half the time.

The Scorpion perhaps?

If so according to someone digging through the beta files it may make a return, I hope so as I quite liked it too.

Would love the MP5SD back as well, with added attachment ability for sights and lights.

The Scorpion perhaps?

If so according to someone digging through the beta files it may make a return, I hope so as I quite liked it too.

Would love the MP5SD back as well, with added attachment ability for sights and lights.

Thats the one!! was a horrible, little, inaccurate, noisy clickety clackety cheap gun. But I'd never leave base with out one. Saved my life on more then one occasion.

The Scorpion perhaps?

Thats the one!! was a horrible, little, inaccurate, noisy clickety clackety cheap gun. But I'd never leave base with out one. Saved my life on more then one occasion.

Well... we are getting it's much younger brother this time around.

Well... we are getting it's much younger brother this time around.

Don't you mean much older?

I am missing the FN FAL :eek:

All I want is to be able to play all content in ARMA 2 in ARMA 3.

Disable all the eye candy, get ACE 3 installed and I'll be a happy camper.

All I want is to be able to play all content in ARMA 2 in ARMA 3.

Disable all the eye candy, get ACE 3 installed and I'll be a happy camper.

Well knowing how serious the mod community for the ARMA series is. I think we will see everything from ARMA II as well as (for better or for worse) all the mods from ARMA II, including some one probably porting the entire game over to the improved engine of ARMA III.

I really do miss the AK's, especially the AKM. Also the scopes, I did see that they're going to add quite a few of them including a sniper scope, but I'm really hoping it will have the good old mil-dots or some in-built range designators like they have on PSO and G36 scopes. I know that there's more than a few ways on how to use a few tricks (cheats) with your mouse-cursors and such to get the range, but it's pretty lame. Also I do know there's a way how to estimate range by using the shoulder width with the current scopes, but it's not so effective when you got a target that's not facing their back or front to you.

All the standard army/terrorist stuff (M4A1 and AK variants, and of course the matching MGs and sniper rifles).

mk46, mk48, mk18 ,416,417 with pvs14 scope.