Sign in to follow this  
byrgesen

[Editor] Task modules

Hey people :)

Ive recently jumped into the entire Arma mission scripting, but ive run into some issue with the editor.

Ive made a simple search and destroy mission, and i divided Blufor into 2 groups, Razor and Ghost.

They have different spawn points but everything is synched in the same way, through the squad leader, for both teams. This was done via the Editor Synch (dark blue line) option.

Now heres my issue:

When i preview it in the editor, all members of all teams gets tasks and briefing, np. AI fills up the players slots.

When i then pack it and launch it as MP i will still get all tasks and briefing on both teams, if i choose squad leader. If i dont choose squad leader i dont get anything. (alone on server)

But yesterday we tested it 7 players and nomatter what we did the Razor team didnt get tasks and briefing.

So my questions are:

Is the editor modules (task/intel) bugged and not relieable?

Do i need to have 1 team leader and synch everything for Bufor through him, insted of having two squad leaders with each theyre sunch?

Is there an issue with synching two groups of the same team to the same objectives and briefing?

I tryed to synch all tasks to all people, but that resulted in 4x each task for each team -_-

Ive tested and tested but i cant seem to fix the issue.

Ive got a link to my mission on my signature, so if this is not enough info and you want to help just download the mission and open it in the editor to get a better idea of what i mean.

I hope you can help me, thx in advance :)

What about using search function??

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148179-Tutorial-How-to-use-the-Task-Modules&highlight=task+module

9 pages with all the info you need :)

The problem is group sync is not working. Use all objects instead (Sync the task to every soldier)

Well ive been searching for 2 days before i posted this, its hard being a newb lol :) But thx mate.

this does also not work in multiplayer, seems like there´s no way yet. i tried out MANY methods...

this does also not work in multiplayer, seems like there´s no way yet. i tried out MANY methods...

For me is working with no problem, at least in the last 5 missions we have already tested made by me.

Have you sync with all the players or only group leader? Group sync is not working, as stated in the post I tell before by the module creator.

For me is working with no problem, at least in the last 5 missions we have already tested made by me.

Have you sync with all the players or only group leader? Group sync is not working, as stated in the post I tell before by the module creator.

*Posted in the correct thread*

Edited by Byrgesen