Sign in to follow this  
emoglobinsky

[Tutorial] Basic model export from Maya to Oxygen 2 to Arma 3

Hi,

As I didn't find any good simple tutorial about how to import objects from maya to Arma 3, i did a small quick and dirty tutorial, with pictures and step-by-step.
It requieres to know maya a bit, then you'll learn how to use the basics of Oxygen and get your object ingame.

Its a flickr gallery, you'll need to rewrite all stuff about naming convention and the config.cpp file.

LINK TO ALBUM TUTORIAL

8618249669_74e0bd6180_c.jpg

Hope it will be useful to some newbie like me.
And remeber that its only a good start, but not a complete and detailled tutorial as I'm still a newbie.

Feel free to comment, add detail, etc. ;)

Edited by Emoglobinsky
  • Like 1

Thank you for the time you took to create this tutorial. I came today looking for just this.

This should certainly be stickied someplace or a sticky thread should be created that would contain links to tutorials?

please keep up such work !

we need more enviroment objects instead of again and again weapons :-)

opteryx as sample did a great job in the past

This tuto is far from perfect i still need to learn about Lods and physLOD, etc...

But yeah, i'm thinking of the making of a small maps with some assets.

People making a TONNE of addons when we don't really know what is going to be included in the full game! Personally, I'm working on my A3 project as well, so I'm guilty of it too.

As for the building, it looks sweet! Neat texturing.

Hey where exactly can I download Oxygen 2? I checks the wiki page but when I click the link it doesn't work. Or when I right click and download target nothing downloads.

Thanks for the tutorial, I've done some game modding in the past for the Source engine but I've really wanted to try and move into making addons for some different engines and this looks like a nice place to start from. At the moment are there any tutorials for getting new vehicles into ARMA 3? Is it a similar process to ARMA 2 vehicles?